How do I understand force on current carrying conductor using Newton's third law? Use a straight current carrying conductor and a horseshoe magnet to explain.

How do I understand force on current carrying conductor using Newton's third law? Use a straight current carrying conductor and a horseshoe magnet to explain.

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

harshin nechooli
121 Points
5 years ago
You know that when a current carrying conductor and a horseshoe magnet are kept then both will be producing a magnetic field the magnetic field produced by a current carrying conductor will be applying force on that bar magnet and since it is not easy to calculate the magnetic field produced by horseshoe magnet then we can calculate the magnetic field produced by current carrying conductor and force will be magnetic field into magnetic moment of that horseshoe magnet and by applying Newton's third law you know for every action there will be a reaction does the bar magnet will be applying the same force on that current carrying conductor Thus you got the force on current carrying conductor 

HAR
Shivansh
askIITians Faculty 267 Points
5 years ago
In a case like that, the Newton’s third law will simply dictate that the force experienced by the wire will be the same as the force experienced by the horse shoe magnet. In order to calculate the value of the force, you will have to go back to the basics, i.e. Biot Savart law

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free