Sir, I am getting around 20,000-25,000 rank in JEE Main and 8000-9000 rank in JEE Advanced this year. I want to drop and prepare for IIT. I have two options:1. I prepare from July to November completing the syllabus, then join Bansal course Azusa which runs from December to February which will help me revise my syllabus again. And then study at home revising again for the third time from March till the exams end.2. I join some 1-year course at Resonance, Fiitjee, Bansal etc. But I have heard that students tend to forget the topics taught in beginning as time progresses.Plz tell me what will be the best step to ensure a good rank next year. Thank you in advance.

Sir, I am getting around 20,000-25,000 rank in JEE Main and 8000-9000 rank in JEE Advanced this year. I want to drop and prepare for IIT. I have two options:1. I prepare from July to November completing the syllabus, then join Bansal course Azusa which runs from December to February which will help me revise my syllabus again. And then study at home revising again for the third time from March till the exams end.2. I join some 1-year course at Resonance, Fiitjee, Bansal etc. But I have heard that students tend to forget the topics taught in beginning as time progresses.Plz tell me what will be the best step to ensure a good rank next year. Thank you in advance.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Abhinav Shresth
17 Points
9 years ago
what you are planning is good. but do you think u can revise ur course thoroughly in just five months and that too on ur own.I mean what if you have some doubts. are going to wait for ur azusa class to start and then have ur doubts clear.if ur frnds are saying that they tend to forget the topics taught in the begining, then may be its due to lack of proper planning.u have planned well for option 1 and in a similar way u can also plan for one year course with a proper revision time for topics taught in the begining.i was almost in the same situation as you were now, 19,500 in jee mains and not even selected for jee advance. I decided to drop and i chose the option 2. And now i am expecting 1500 rank in jee advance.its a total misconception that u will forget what you were taught in the begining. it totally depend on you, how are planning to  prepare in this one year..what i think is that, if you are planning to be in IIT, then you must have your concept clear and this can be done only when u study your topic in great detail and at one go.azusa corse will be like a crash course, which will mainly concentrate on difficult topics and concepts, but for IIT you need to have ur small and basic concept to be cleared because IIT never ask difficult question, it only ask logical question based on simple but very important concept. when u are going to study in one year course, you will have ur concept cleared in a better way than self study.No doubt self study is important but it also require a proper guidance which you can get in one year course because you are under the guidance of a teacher throughout the year.
i would go for option 2.and one more thing, its up to you what you want to chose but never lose hope through out the year when u are preparing. and always think why you want to be in IIT. thats the question for which you have to seek the answer all the time.do tell me what you will choose.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free