Im a mumbai university student (got ATKT in almost every year of my mechanical engg.) and I got dropped out after 6th semester. And I can round up my avg % just above 55. Can I join M.Des at IIT? I wanted to pursue my dream of a designer (product/locomotive). I have always invested my thinking how it be more useful throught engg studies and because of that I couldnt acheive great marks in engg. But, Im pretty sure to be clear with basics of engg. Also, I had come across the following ideas on my own while doing something different other than studies: (but, all of them existed and well settled technologies around globe, when I rushed into home to search if my idea existed) Magnetic bearing for highspeed static rotary devices used in industries. I got this idea while doing internship at Finolex ind. Ratnagiri. Continuously Variable Transmission. I thought no one ever did work on this and I used to call it Analog Ratio Transmission Box, before my friend told me about it existed and is named as CVT. Regenerative Braking, while driving a car. (using alternator/compressor) (I did waste project on this system in my college on a bicycle because of low budget) Its depressing to know these, ideas I thought on, already exists. but, Im sure to creat new ideas based on my new knowledge (which I lacked to gain by living in Ratnagiri and learning in FAMT)

Im a mumbai university student (got ATKT in almost every year of my mechanical engg.) and I got dropped out after 6th semester. And I can round up my avg % just above 55. Can I join M.Des at IIT?

I wanted to pursue my dream of a designer (product/locomotive). I have always invested my thinking how it be more useful throught engg studies and because of that I couldnt acheive great marks in engg. But, Im pretty sure to be clear with basics of engg.

Also, I had come across the following ideas on my own while doing something different other than studies: (but, all of them existed and well settled technologies around globe, when I rushed into home to search if my idea existed)

Magnetic bearing for highspeed static rotary devices used in industries. I got this idea while doing internship at Finolex ind. Ratnagiri.

Continuously Variable Transmission. I thought no one ever did work on this and I used to call it Analog Ratio Transmission Box, before my friend told me about it existed and is named as CVT.

Regenerative Braking, while driving a car. (using alternator/compressor) (I did waste project on this system in my college on a bicycle because of low budget)

Its depressing to know these, ideas I thought on, already exists. but, Im sure to  creat new ideas based on my new knowledge (which I lacked to gain by living in Ratnagiri and learning in FAMT)

Grade:12th Pass

1 Answers

Sourabh Singh IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 2104 Points
7 years ago
No for going to any masters course you need to have a complete bachelors degree . Soyour oppurtunity just got shattered as soon as you dropped out of college.

Hii you can go and start your start up in your incubation centre.ANd there you wil get all the help that you need.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free