sir, i have got chem dual at iit kharagpur ..i am getting 362 in bitsat-2009. so i expect computer sc. there.i also have an aieee rank of 1273. i am mainly confused between iits and bits . pls suggest what should i take .it would b kind of u if u could also provide some additional information about the two.

sir,

i have got chem dual at iit kharagpur..i am getting 362 in bitsat-2009.so i expect computer sc. there.i also have an aieee rank of 1273.i am mainly confused between iits and bits.

pls suggest what should i take.it would b kind of u if u could also provide some additional information about the two.

Grade:6

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi Amogh

Chemical Dual Degree from IIT Kharagpur is a better option than going for CS in BITS. IIT Kharagpur is considered as a more reputed institute than BITS although BITS is itself a very good institute.

Chemical engineering has got great scopes in India and also it fetches you a nice package too. Moreover , you get the brand name IIT , that too from IIT kharagpur. I do not say that CS from BITS is any less , but considering an IIT and BITS , you should definitely go for IIT.

Comparing the branches, then Computer Science is one of the favorites these days but chemical engg. is an evergreen branch with varied options. This branch of engineering is a varied field, covering areas from biotechnology and nanotechnology to mineral processing. It covers various fields of chemical technology in mineral based industries, petrochemical plants, pharmaceuticals, synthetic fibres, petroleum refining plants etc. Chemical engineers design and operate chemical plants and improve methods of production.

Petroleum industries are one of the industries these days that offer you the maximum packages these days. But above all this, its entirely your own interest, if computer science is something u'll be more interested in , then go for it, because what finally matters is that you cherish your subjects, thats what drives you ahead. So, think upon it and make yourchoice.

Best of luck

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free