HI My IIT 2011 Rank is 3320 and i am confused which branch i should opt for. The Branch BioScience and Bioengineering is likely to be available in IIT Kanpur as lat year it closed on 3314 rank which is pretty close to my rank but i dont know much about this branch...so please explain the prospects of this branch.. Also i am confused whether to put Metallurgy or Biotechnology ahead in the priority list??? Which is better-Metallurgy or Biotech???

HI My IIT 2011 Rank is 3320 and i am confused which branch i should opt for.

The Branch BioScience and Bioengineering is likely to be available in IIT Kanpur as lat year it closed on 3314 rank which is pretty close to my rank but i dont know much about this branch...so please explain the prospects of this branch..

Also i am confused whether to put Metallurgy or Biotechnology ahead in the priority list???

Which is better-Metallurgy or Biotech???

Grade:12th Pass

1 Answers

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
12 years ago

Dear Animesh Sinha,

Bio-Technology is an emerging branch but not as emerging as the Metallurical Engg branch !!

Metallurgical Engg gives you in-depth knowledge of Materials Engg as well so it is an added advantage for learning Metallurical Engg !!

Now i have analysed that you should really put Metallurgical ahead in your priority list because you will certainly get it in the first place & secondly you do not want to limit your future options by learning Biotech do you ??

Absolutely not !!

Please take the Metallurgical Engg branch for a broder & deeper scope in future dear..

This is my advice to you as an analyst !!

All the very best for your future !!

Smile

Hope this helped you immensely dear..!!

If you loved the answer then please do not forget to approve it by clicking on "Yes" below..!!!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free