Question 1: Classify the following as motion along a straight line, circular or oscillatory motion: (i) Motion of your hands while running. (ii) Motion of a horse pulling a cart on a straight road. (iii) Motion of a child in a merry-go-round. (iv) Motion of a child on a see-saw. (v) Motion of the hammer of an electric bell. (vi) Motion of a train on a straight bridge.

Question 1: Classify the following as motion along a straight line, circular or oscillatory motion:
(i) Motion of your hands while running.
(ii) Motion of a horse pulling a cart on a straight road.
(iii) Motion of a child in a merry-go-round.
(iv) Motion of a child on a see-saw.
(v) Motion of the hammer of an electric bell.
(vi) Motion of a train on a straight bridge.

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Pawan Prajapati
askIITians Faculty 60787 Points
2 years ago
Answer:(i) Oscillatory motion While running, the hands move to and fro and repeat their motion after a given interval of time. Hence, it is an oscillatory motion. (ii)Straight line The horse is pulling a cart on a straight road. Therefore, it has a motion along a straight line. (iii)Circular motion Merry-go-round has a circular motion. Therefore, a child sitting inside it will also have a circular motion. (iv) Oscillatory motion The child on a see-saw goes up and down continuously. It oscillates up-down. Therefore, it is an oscillatory motion. (v)Oscillatory motion The hammer hits the electric bell and vibrates rapidly. Therefore, it is an oscillatory motion. (vi) Straight line The train is moving on a straight bridge. Therefore, it has a motion along a straight line.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free