If the value of g suddenly becomes twice its value, it will become two times more difficult to pull a heavy object along the floor. Why?

If the value of g suddenly becomes twice its value, it will become two times more difficult to pull a heavy object along the floor. Why?

Grade:10

5 Answers

S. Giri
63 Points
6 years ago
To pull object on the floor we should apply force on it. In this case force is equals to product of mass of that object (m) and g. That is F=gm .Here force is directly proportional to g.. And. m....hence if g becomes double without any change in mass then force also become double. Hence it will become two times more difficult to pull the object on the floor. Rather than for extra information if we thrice the g and twice the mass then required force will be (i.e. F = 3g ✖ 2m = 6 gm =6 F. ) sixth time more.
SR Roy
128 Points
6 years ago
To pull object on the floor we should apply force on it. In this case force is equals to product of mass of that object (m) and g. That is F=gm .Here force is directly proportional to g.. And. m....hence if g becomes double without any change in mass then force also become double. Hence it will become two times more difficult to pull the object on the floor. Rather than for extra information if we thrice the g and twice the mass then required force will be (i.e. F = 3g ✖ 2m = 6 gm =6 F. ) sixth time more.
S. Giri
63 Points
6 years ago
One of the two . answer i.e. first response is given by me but someone copied it and gave same answer after some time, what is this going this is wrong stop it and give your own answer.
Subhash Kumar Mehta
100 Points
6 years ago
when we pull the heavy object only friction force opposes the motion of object and we know that friction force is proportional to the vertical contact force and vertical force is given by Fv=mg which further depends on g so whem g is twice Fv is twice
Subhash Kumar Mehta
100 Points
6 years ago
........carried forward when g becomes twice then Fv will become twice which will further double the frictional force so twice force is needed to move the object»REGARDS»Subhash Kumar»St. Xavier`s College, Ranchi

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free