Before you apply for JEE Main 2014, you must check the eligibility criteria for both JEE Main and JEE Advanced as they are slightly different. If students are targeting state-level institutions, they must check their eligibility criteria for admission too.
JEE Main Application Form 2014 is now available online!
The last date to submit online application form has been extended from December 26, 2013 to January 6, 2014.
IIT JEE Main 2014 application form is now available on the official website for the JEE Main exam . The registration for the exam will remain open from November 15 to December 26, 2013.
From 2014, ITM School of Engineering and Research, Raipur and Bharath Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai will also accept JEE Main scores for admission to their undergraduate programs.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2014
Students can apply for the exam only if they are born on or after October 1, 1989 (which means they should not be more than 25 years of age on October 1, 2014). SC, ST, and PwD category candidates can apply for the exam if they are born on or after October 1, 1984.
The qualifying exam for the exam is Class XII board exams taken with Physics, Chemistry and Math. The exam must be taken in 2012 (for the first time), 2013, or 2014.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Advanced 2014
Students can only apply for JEE Advanced only if they are in Top 1,50,000 rank holders (including all the category merit lists) and in Top 20 percentile of their respective boards.
One can apply for IIT JEE only twice in consecutive years. Hence only those students will be eligible for the exam who have cleared their Class 12 exams in 2013 or 2014.
Please note that a student can appear for JEE Main thrice but only twice for JEE Advanced, which means that students who have appeared for their Class 12 board exams in 2012 are eligible to sit for JEE Main but not for JEE Advanced.
How to Apply for JEE Mains?
From 2014, the entire application process will be online and hence, students will not have to send any document or confirmation page to the JEE Main office. But students who are applying for the exam will have to upload their passport size photograph, signature and left thumb impression in JPG or JPEG formats before they submit the online application form for the exam. So, they must scan them and keep them ready before they start filling up the form.
Make sure that the size of the image of the photograph is greater than 4 kb and less than 100 kb. Dimensions of the photograph should be 3.5 cm (length) x 4.5 cm (Height). Size of the image of the scanned signature image and scanned thumb impression image is greater than 1 kb and less than 30 kb. Their dimensions should be .5 cm (length) x 1.5 cm (Height).
1) Students must register themselves on the official website of the exam. If you are facing any technical glitches in opening up the website, make sure you are using Internet Explorer 6 or above.
2) While registering, students will be asked to choose a password between 8 to 13 characters, which must contain a Capital letter, a small case letter, a special character and a number at least once. Note down this password somewhere because you will need it later to check the application status. In case, students do forget their password they can use the security question and answer they entered to retrieve the information. Also, do not disclose your password to anyone.
3) Note down the system-generated application number. Students will need to quote it in all future correspondence if required.
4) Make sure that you provide the correct email ID and mobile number. Also ensure that they remain functional until the admission process is complete as all the communication regarding the process will be sent to the students through e-mail or SMS.
5) A candidate can only fill up one form. Multiple applications from one candidate are liable to be rejected.
6) The name you fill in the exam should be the same as the one printed on your Class XII mark sheet and certificate.
7) Students appearing for the computer-based exam must also select date and slot of the exam. If they do not select it till December 26, 2013 will be allotted time and slot of the exam randomly.
8) Candidates who are targeting IITs or ISM Dhanbad will have to fill in their choices of examination cities for JEE Advanced, which they will have to confirm when they apply for the JEE Advanced exam.
9) Make sure you re-check all the details and correct them before paying the fees. Once the fee is paid, they will not be able to edit their particulars.
10) Once you pay the application fee, don’t forget to print the Acknowledgement Page.
11) Don’t forget to log out after completing the online application submission process so that your personal information is not compromised.
To seek help in filling up the application form or correct any mistakes, students can contact the JEE Main 2014 exam helpline at 011-40360360
Fee for JEE Main Application Form 2014
Application for JEE Main 2014 has been changed. Here is the new fee students have to pay to register for the exam this year:
The exam fee can be paid through debit card or credit card. Students may also pay fees through e-Challan in any branch of ICICI Bank, Canara Bank and Syndicate Bank.
For payment through credit card, additional 1.20% of the examination fee will have to be paid along with the service tax as applicable.
For payment through debit card for fee up to Rs 2000, additional 0.75% of the examination fee will have to be paid along with the service tax as applicable. For fee above Rs 2000, additional 1% of the examination fee will have to be paid along with the service tax as applicable.
How to check JEE Main 2014 application status?
Make sure to check the IIT JEE online application form status after you submit the application form and check all your particulars. All you have to do is visit the official website and sign in using your application number and password.
In case, you forget your account number or password, follow the instructions on the website to retrieve them.
For any queries, contact askIITians experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.