Know All About JEE Main 2014 Counselling Procedure and Dates!
JEE Main 2014 Counselling Procedure is a single window counselling process for all the candidates seeking admission in engineering colleges other than the IITs. Their final admission will be based on the preferences of the candidates and All India Ranks they get in the exam.
Online counselling for JEE Main will be conducted for successful students where they can indicate their choices for institutes, courses and branches.
In the offline counselling process, all documents of the candidates will be verified, including their Class 12 mark sheets, Class 10 certificate (to ascertain their age), identification records, state of eligibility, and documents related to category or disability (in case of reserved category candidates). If students fail to produce authentic documents on the counselling date of JEE Main, their admission will be deemed cancel.
The Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) conducts counselling for both Government and Private Institutes participating in the JEE Main exam. Only those students who have qualified the 2014 exam will be able to attend it.
Click here to register for JEE Main Counselling online!
(The link will be available as soon as the counselling registration begins)
While registering for the counselling process, students must provide their personal information, mobile number, and bank details such as their Account no, IFSC Code, and name and branch of the Bank.
They also need to indicate their choice of course and institute at the CSAB website, in the order of their preference. Once they have filled in all the details, students will have to lock the choices before the specified deadline. They will not be able to make any changes after that.
Seat Allocation and Document Verification
- JEE Main Counselling Schedule 2014 has not been announced yet. JEE Main 2013 counselling process was conducted from July 1 to July 9 and it is expected the counselling date for 2014 will also fall tentatively in the first week of July. As soon as JEE Mains Counselling Dates 2014 are announced, we will update them here.
- Seat Allotment will happen in two rounds. Seat allocation will be done on the basis the All India Merit Ranks of the candidates in JEE Main 2014.
- Candidate to whom the seats are allotted have to report at any one of the ‘Reporting Centers' according to the specified schedule to get their documents verified and pay the initial fee to confirm their acceptance of the seat. Once they do this, they will receive a provisional admission letter.
- Once the verification process is over, candidates must report to the institute allotted to them.
Spot Round and Extra Spot Round
- If after two rounds of counselling, seats are still left vacant, candidates may still be able to register for Spot Round or Extra Spot Rounds. Those who have already registered for the first two rounds need not register for these rounds again.
- The fee collected for the JEE Main 2014 Spot Round will be non-refundable.
- Extra Spot Round for JEE Main 2014 will be conducted only for the private institutes and the fees paid by the candidates for this round will be refunded. In this case, if students are accepted, they will have to pay the entire fee directly to their institute.Tentative List of Institutions Participating in Centralised Counselling Process for JEE Main 2014.
Tentative List of Institutions Participating in Centralised Counselling Process for JEE Main 2014
- National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
- National Institute of Technology , Agartala (Tripura)
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad (U.P.)
- National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal (MP)
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut (Kerela)
- National Institute of Technology, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur (West Bengal)
- National Institute of Technology, Goa
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh)
- Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur (Rajasthan)
- Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar (Punjab)
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur (Jharkhand)
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra (Haryana)
- National Institute of Technology, Manipur
- National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya
- National Institute of Technology, Mizoram
- National Institute of Technology, Nagaland
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (Maharashtra)
- National Institute of Technology, Patna (Bihar)
- National Institute of Technology, Puducherry
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur (Chhattisgarh)
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela (Odisha)
- National Institute of Technology, Sikkim
- National Institute of Technology, Silchar (Assam)
- National Institute of Technology, Hazartbal, Srinagar (J & K)
- Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat (Gujarat)
- National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, Mangalore (Karnataka)
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli (Tamil Nadu)
- National Institute of Technology, Uttrakhand
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Andhra Pradesh)
Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs, IIITM & IIITDM)
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior (M.P.)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kanchipuram, Chennai (Tamil
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Amethi, Allahabad (U.P.)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Jhalwa, Allahabad (UP)
- November 12, 2013 Page 42 of 58
- Pandit Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing,
- Jabalpur (M.P.)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Guwahati (Assam)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kota (Rajasthan)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sri City, Chitoor (A. P.)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Vadodara (Gujarat)
Other Central Government or State Government Funded Institutions (CFTIs or SFIs)
- Assam University, Silchar (Assam
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (Jharkhand)
- Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar (Uttarakhand)
- Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi (U.P.)
- Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research & Management, Ahmedabad
- Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishawavidyalaya, Bilaspur (C.G.)
- J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology, University of Allahabad, Allahabad- 211002 (U.P.)
- Mizoram University, Aizwal-796009
- National Insitute of Foundary & Forge Technology, P.O. Hatia, Ranchi (Jharkhand).
- School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
- School of Planning and Architecture, I.P. Estate, New Delhi (SPA, Delhi).
- School of Planning and Architecture, Vijaywada (Andhra Pradesh)
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra-182320 (J & K)
- Tezpur University, NAPAAM, Tezpur (Assam)
Self-Financed Deemed Universities, Universities, or Other Institutions
- SITYOG Institute of Technology, Aurangabab
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana Ambala, Haryana
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Sadopur Village, Chandigarh National Highway, Ambala
- Lingaya’s University, Nachaull, Old Faridabad-Jasana Road, Faridabad – 121 002
- Delhi Technical Campus, Bahdurgarh, Jhajjar
- Amity School of Engineering, Manesar, Haryana
- Jagannath University, Jhajjar, Haryana
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Vill – Lado, Sultanpur Road, Solan
- Amity School of Engineering, Gwalior
- ITM University, Gwalior
- Peoples University, Bhopal
- Techno Global University, Sironj, Distt. - Vidisha
- Techno Global University, Shillong
- Lovely School of Technology, LPU Campus, Phagwara
- Amity School of Engineering, Jaipur
- Jyoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University, Vedant Gyan Valley, Vill – Jharna, Jaipur
- Jagannath University, Chaksu, Jaipur
- Bhagwant University, Sikar Road, Ajmer
- Jodhpur National University, Narnadi Jhanwar Road, Jodhpur
- Dr. K N Modi University, Industrial Area, Newai, Distt Tonk
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phule University, RIICO Industrial Area, Tala Mod, Jaipur
- Mewar University, Gangrar, Chittorgarh
- Sir Padampat Singhania University, Udaipur
- Vivekananda Global University, VIT Campus, Jagatpura, Jaipur
- Vel Tech Technical University, # 42, Vel Tech Road Avadi, Chennai
- Shobhit University, Gangoh campus, Saharanpur
- Amity School of Engineering, Gomati Nagar, Lucknow
- Amity School of Engineering, Amity University Campus, Noida
- School of Engineering Sharda University, Knowledge Park, Greater Noida
- Shobhit Institute of Engineering & Technology, Dulhera Marg, Roorkee Road, Meerut -250 010
- DIT University, Mussoorie Diversion Road, Dehradun
- Techno Global University, Salt Lake, Kolkata
Besides, many states and institutes also fill in their seats through JEE Main centralized counselling process. These include the states of Gujarat, Haryana, Nagaland and Uttarakhand as well as
- Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
- Indian Institute of Science, Banglore
- Indian Institute of Space Technology, Thiruvanathapuram
- Delhi Technological University, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of information Technology, New Delhi
- Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (under Delhi University)
The final list of institutions will be declared around May or June in 2014 on the official CCB website (www.CCB.in).
Other Highlights of the Process
- 50% of seats at the NITs will be reserved for Home State (HS) Quota students while the other half will be open to students of other states.
- Students will have to make the choice of Engineering and Architecture programmes at the same time to avoid vacant seats at the end of seat allocation. Such students will be allotted only one seat depending on their preference and their rank.
- In Union Territories which do not have any NITs, such as Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and Kandvi, Daman and Diu, and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, students receive full Home Quota at the nearest NIT. Seats reserved for students of such UTs are supernumerary, i.e., they will be allocated over and above the Home State quota seats of the respective NITs.
For any queries regarding online or offline counselling procedure for JEE Main 2014, fill up the form below: