>> Important Exams
Candidates Studying in India
Only the candidates selected by the States/UTs on the basis of their screening examination shall be eligible to appear in the National level examination to be conducted by the NCERT on the Second Sunday of May each year (unless otherwise notified). The NCERT will convey the roll number, the venue, the date and time for the national level examination to all such candidates directly through registered mail.
Candidates Studying Abroad
Students of Indian nationality studying abroad at the Class VIII level may also compete for Talent Search Award under the following conditions:
- The Indian students studying abroad in Class VIII or equivalent class shall be exempted from the first level-screening test and shall be permitted to appear directly at the second level examination conducted by the Council.
- A candidate shall be eligible to appear in the second level NTS examination only if he or she has obtained at least 60 per cent marks (in aggregate) at the previous annual examination.
- A candidate will have to appear in the NTS examination at a centre in India at her/his own cost.
- A candidate desiring to appear in the NTS examination may request through the Head of the Institution where he or she is studying along with an attested copy (by the Head of the Institution) of the mark sheet of Class VII. The request should reach the Head, Department of Educational Measurement and Evaluation, NCERT, New Delhi-110016 latest by 31st March of the concerned year.
- The Council shall allot roll numbers to the eligible candidates and inform them about the date, time and the venue of examination along with other relevant instructions.
- No request for change of Centre shall be entertained.
- A candidate shall have to attend an interview, if he/she qualifies for the same, in India at his/her own cost.
- If a candidate is selected, the scholarship shall be paid for pursuing studies in India only.