NTSE Syllabus: Strengthen your basics!
National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is conducted to scout for talented students and nurture them. But talent feeds on knowledge, resources and hard work to be able to achieve success.
To advance in any area, one needs strong basics. Until your fundamentals are clear, it becomes difficult to grasp complicated concepts and apply them to solve real-life problems.
NCERT has not prescribed any NTSE syllabus. However, it does not mean that studying for NTSE is a witch-hunt process. NTSE syllabus 2013 that you should focus on is exactly the same as NCERT syllabus for the class you are studying in. Hence, students of Class IX should master NCERT syllabus of their grade before attempting to move on to NCERT or NTSE syllabus for Class 10.
To crack NTSE, prepare NCERT syllabus of class IX and NCERT syllabus of Class X for:
Sciences, as an integrated study of Physics, Chemistry and Biology:
Class IX syllabus for Science covers matters in our surroundings, their purity, atoms and molecure, structure of an atom, fundamental unit of life, tissues, diversity in living organisms, motion, force and laws of motion, gravitation, work and energy, sound, reasons behind illnesses, natural resources and improvement in food resources.
In Class X, students delve into chemical reactions and equations; acids, bases and salts, metals and non-metails, carbon and its compounds, periodic classification of elements, life processes, control and coordination, reproduction of organisms, heredity and evolution, light - reflection and refraction, human eye, electricity and magnetism, sources of energy, our environment, and management of natural resources.
Class IX syllabus for Mathematics covers number systems, polynomials, coordinate geometry, linear equations in two variables, introduction to Euclid's geometry, lines and angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, areas of parallelograms and triangles, circles, constructions, Heron's formula, surface areas and volumes, statistics and probability.
In Class X, students delve into real numbers, some more polynomials, pair of linear equations in two variables, quadratic equations, arithmetic progressions, some more about triangles and circles, coordinate geometry, introduction to trigonometry and its applications, areas related to circles, and more about surface areas, volumes,
Social Sciences, which include:
- Class IX syllabus for History covers French revolution, socialism in Europe, Russian reolution, Nazism and rise of Hitler, forest society and colonialism, pastoralists in the modern world, peasants and farmers, story of cricket, and social history of clothing.
- In Class X, students delve into rise of nationalism in Europe; nationalist movement in Indo-China; nationalism in India; making of a global world; industrialisation; work,life and leisure; print culture and the modern world; and novels, society and history.
- Class IX syllabus for Geography covers India's size and location, its physical features, drainage, climate, natural vegetation and wild life, and population.
- In Class X, students delve into resources and development, forest and wildlife resources, water resources, agriculture, minerals and energy resources, manufacturing industries, and life lines of national economy.
- Class IX syllabus for Politics covers Democracy in the contemporary World, what is democracy and why should we opt for it, constitutional design, electoral politics, working of institutions and democratic rights.
- In Class X, students learn about power sharing, federalism, democracy and diversity, gender religion and caste, popular struggles and movements, political parties, outcomes and challenges of democracy.
- Class IX syllabus for Economics covers basic concepts about production in a village, people as resource, poverty as a challenge, and food security in India.
- In Class X, students learn about basics of economic development, sectors of the Indian economy, money and credit, globalisation and the Indian economy, and consumer rights.
To know more about NTSE,contact us at email@example.com.