>> Important Exams
>> Engineering Exams
>> PTU CET
PTU CET – The Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Test
Established in the year 1997, Punjab Technical University (PTU) started its journey with 9 engineering and few management colleges in Punjab. Not the list of its affiliated colleges has expanded to include 65 engineering colleges along with 11 regional centers offer education at the Masters level, 33 Pharmacy institutions along with 1 regional center for Masters in Pharmacy, 109 Management and Computer Application courses, 33 Hotel Management colleges, and 6 colleges of Architecture.
The University is appointed by the Government of Punjab as the competent authority to oversee Combined Entrance Test, conducted as an entrance exam for the first year of Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy courses, for residents of Punjab. Admission to Architecture courses is subject to the scores obtained at NATA examinations where merit list is formed on the combined scores at NATA and PTU CET in the ratio of 50:50.
Note: Students, who are applying only for Architecture courses, need not apply for PTU CET.
Benefits of PTU CET Exam
Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Test offers access to 85% seats in B. Tech., B. Arch., and B. Pharm. courses reserved for residents of Punjab in the following institutes or universities:
1. Engineering and Pharmacy colleges and institutions affiliated to Punjab Technical University,
2. Guru Nanak Dev University, Main Campus at Amritsar and engineering courses in its regional campuses at Jalandhar and Gurdaspur,
3. Punjabi University, Main Campus at Patiala and its regional campus at Guru Ki Kashi,
4. Engineering courses at Talwandi Sabo and Rampura Phul (Phul-Mehraj),
5. Engineering courses at College of Agricultural Engineering, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana.