Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 150 off

In a triangle, length of 2 larger sides is 24 & 22 resp.. if angle r in AP, then 3rd side is.........................

Also give reason behind choice of sides...........

6 years ago

Answers : (3)

Dear Piyush, 

the angle opposite 22 is 60 degrees. Let third side be x,

from cosine law, 222=x2+242 -2*24*x*cos(60)

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar respectively : Click here to download the toolbar.. 

Askiitians Expert

Chetan Mandayam Nayakar – IIT Madras  

6 years ago

let ABC be the triangle...

angles are in ap so 2B=A+C...........1

from 1 and 2

B=60 and so A and C can be 30 and 90

now draw a triangle ABC right angled at C

AB is the hypotenuse therefore AB=24

let the other sides be 22 and x

now 24^2 =22^2 +x^2

6 years ago

te angle opposite to 22 is 60 degrees,let the third side be a

now from cos rule 22^2=x^2+24^2-2*x*24 Cos60

x = 12+-rt52=12+-2rt13

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Trigonometry

Sin x + cos x =√2 cos x then cos x - sin x is equal to a)√2 cos x b)√2 sin x c)√2 ( cos x + sin x) d) none of these
sin x+cos x=root 2 cos x (sin x+cos x)^2=2cos^2 x sin^2 x+cos^2 x+2sin xcos x=2cos^2 x 2sin xcos x=2cos^2 x so therefore,here, sinx=cosx therefore, cos x-sin y=cos x-cos x=0 D OPTION
Shreyash Rane one month ago
If sin theta + cos theta =p and sec thet + cosec theta = q , show that q ( p square - 1) = 2p
q(p^2-1)= sec theta + cosec theta((sin theta +cos theta)^2 -1) sec theta + cosec theta( sin^2 theta + cos^2 theta + 2 sin theta cos theta)-1) (sin^2 theta + cos^2 theta=1) 1/cos theta +1...
Jayanth Miriyala 2 months ago
q(p square -1)=sec theta +cosec theta ( (sin theta +cos theta )square -1)=1/cos theta +1/sin theta (2sin theta cos theta )=(sin theta +cos theta )2=2p
SYED FAHIM AHAMAD 2 months ago
Hi,my 10 th sa1 board exam will start on next month. the lesson ‘trigonometry’is very difficult for,how can i perform well in board exam about the questions related to trigonometry?
@ jason No , i dnt think that trigonometry is at all difficult in class 10 . as far as class 10 sa1 exams are considered then u have only to remember the trigonometry identity and also...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
trigonometry is not at all hard as actual trigo comes in class 11 and 12. For class 10 th level you just prepare the NCERT well and for further questions you can log on to...
Nayan sharma 2 months ago
solve this vectors of OA=I+J+K ; AB=3I-2J+K; BC=I+2J-2K and CD =2I+J+3K FIND OD VECTOR
p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; } GIVEN VECTORS OA=I+J+K;AB=3I-2J+K;BC=I+2J-2K AND CD=2I+J+3K WE KNOW THAT VECTOR AB =OB-OA 3I-2J+K= OB-( I+J+K) OB=4I-J+2K SIMILARLY BC =OC-OB ...
Which property used for above solution i didnot understand clearky pls clarify me
Dear student Your question is not complete.Please type the correct question in order to get a to-the-point answer.
Bhavya 7 months ago
Hii Your question is incomplete.Kindly repost the question and we will get back at you
Sourabh Singh 7 months ago
Pl type the complete question..
Saurabh Kumar 7 months ago
is the sum of two convergent sequences is divergent?
@ aryan no , its not true for every case , but some cases it might be true . the small example u can take that is y (n ) = – x (n ) for all value of n HOPE IT CLEARS YOUR DOUBT ALL THE BEST ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On Trigonometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn