Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

I have a major doubt regarding pH(might sound so stupid). But see pH is dependent on (H+) so pH depends on the normality of hydrogen ions. so whether we take 10mL of a 1N HCl soln or 100mL of HCl soln the ph should be the same for both, right? Then why do we always consider volume in the equations. plz help.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear nive,

Its a very good doubt i appreciate it but you should also know that in normality term volume also comes so for different volumes the pH will be different got it....

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

What does breaking of sigma bonds need more energy than pi bonds?
@ sachet during the formation of sigma bond . overlap of atomic orbital takes place to a larger extent , whereas during the formation of pi bond , the overlapping of atomic orbital take...
Umakant biswal one month ago
in a sigma bond electron density is spread symmetrically ,cylindrically around inter nuclear axis. hence sigma bond is strong.
KENAM SAITEJA one month ago
What are the type of questions asked in stoichometry in neet and can you please suggest me the simplest way to solve them
@ jayadhir stochiometry is the besic concept of chemistry , mainly as far as competetive exams are concerned , then they will ask u the ques from mole concept , calculating the...
Umakant biswal 28 days ago
How errors are identified in analytical chemistry?how chromatography is performed?
Dear student I did’t enderstand by the term errrs over here.Can you be a little more specific.Moreover you can follow the following link for studying analytical chemistry...
Bhavya one month ago
@ trapti chromatography is a physical method of separation that distribute the components between two phases one is stationary and the other is mobile phase or non stationary phase . it is...
Umakant biswal one month ago
chemical bonding molecular structure.covalent bondi,Ionic bond,hybridization
A covalent bond , also called a molecular bond , is a chemical bond that involves the sharing of electron pairs between atoms. These electron pairs are known as shared pairs or bonding...
Umakant biswal 29 days ago
Sir please tell me that what is henry`s rule nd how can I use it numerical question ?????????That`s I can get a secure answer???????And what is the value of Henry`s constant????
."water takes up, of gas condensed by one, two, or more additional atmospheres, a quantity which, ordinarily compressed, would be equal to twice, thrice, &c. the volume absorbed under the...
rahul kushwaha 21 days ago
@ rahul At a constant temperature, the amount of a given gas that dissolves in a given type and volume of liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas in equilibrium...
Umakant biswal 21 days ago
What makes an element or compound to become source of energy , for example hydrogen ?
Any element or compound which is able to emit anything that is non – uited particle or photon or electron or proton or neutron etc. which ffinally is considered as releases energy and hence ...
Vikas TU 11 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn