Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

Arrange the following in increasing order of dipole moment.

CH3F , CH3Cl , CH3Br , CH3I

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Aparna

CH3F has highest electronegativity{q} but its size is way too small,that is why it has lesser dipole moment than CH3CL,no doubt CHRBR is bigger in size than CH3CLbut its charge is very less than CH3CL that is why it has less dipole moment and CH3I even lesser.

All the best.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

an alkyl halide, C6H13Cl reacts with potassium tertiary butoxide gives isomeric alkenes Y and Z. both alkenes give2,3- di methyl butane. identyfy y and z?
Please refer to the Askiitians Notes from here:
Vikas TU one month ago
Sir, when it comes to organic chemo we have many equations. I wanted to know if ncert organic chemistry can get me a rank in aiims/neet.
@ sakshi organic chemistry have many equations , but if you have done it clearly in class 11 th , then it will not be difficult for you for sure . so , for that at least do reaction...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Sir please explain what are lukars reagent and it reaction with different degree of alcohol????????
Hi ! Rama , LUCAR REAGENT (LR ) is a mixture of Zinc chloride (ZnCL 2 ) and concentrated Hydrochloric acid (Hcl).It is used to chemically distinguish different degree of alcohol. (i)When it ...
raju 2 months ago
Hi ! D.raman , It is a mixture of anhydrous ZnCl 2 and conc. Hcl. It’s reaction with different degree of alcohol -: 1 0 Alcohol-It get soluble in it. 2 0 Alcohol-Turbidity within 5 minutes. ...
nath 2 months ago
Why in chemical bonding ..the costructive interaction of orbitals combining with same wave function has lower energy??
For the new orbotal genration, there is the need of overlapping between the BMO and ABMO respectively. And that is only possible for the orbitals to be going to combined when one would have ...
Vikas TU 26 days ago
Is the complex Co[(Nh3)2(h20)4] is paramagnetic or diamagnetic
U would have to find the configuration and hybridization .of Co. then count the numver of d-electrons according to tyhe Bonding and Antibonding table as per given in the NCERT book and then ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
0.2 mole of N2 and 0.6 mole of H2 react to give NH3 and 40% of reactant mixture is decreased,according to the equationN2(g)+3H2(g)--->2NH3(g)at constant temprature and pressure.then the...
N2 + 3H2 > 2NH3(0.2-x). (0.6-3x). 2xNow .(0.2-x)+(0.6-3x)=60/100 *(0.2+0.6) Or. X=0.08Now total final mol =(0.2-0.08)+(0.6-3*0.08)+(2*0.08)=0.64And initial total mol=0.2+0.6=0.8Now. The...
2017 years ago
N2 + 3H2 > 2NH3(0.2-x) (0.6-3x) 2xNow (0.2-x)+(0.6-3x)=60/100 *(0.2+0.6) Or X=0.08Now total final mol =(0.2-0.08)+(0.6-3*0.08)+(2*0.08)=0.64And initial total mol=0.2+0.6=0.8Now The ratio of...
17 hours ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn