There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

Extraction of Elements

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Extraction of Elements:- we have learnt that most of the elements do not occur in the free state in nature but these occur in the combined states. In the combined states, metals are usually found in the oxidized form, while non-metals occur in the reduced form such as halide ions. Therefore, the methods of extraction of metals and non metals from the natural sources are quite different. The metals can be obtained from their oxidized forms by reduction and non metals can be obtained by oxidation. In general, oxidation or carried out by deelectronation i.e. removing electron directly or indirectly. On the other hand, reduction is carried out by electronation i.e. by providing electron directly or indirectly.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

In EAS reaction of toulene with NO2, will the mesomeric and inductive effect of the nitro group be dominating over the o/p directing effect of methyl group? If yes, then is o-nitro toulene...
This is nitration therfore the attack would be at ortho position of benzene that is adjacent to the -ch3 group. This is the rule u need to follow in EAS. and hence ortho would be more...
Vikas TU one month ago
Sir, when it comes to organic chemo we have many equations. I wanted to know if ncert organic chemistry can get me a rank in aiims/neet.
@ sakshi organic chemistry have many equations , but if you have done it clearly in class 11 th , then it will not be difficult for you for sure . so , for that at least do reaction...
Umakant biswal one month ago
WHAT IS MEANT BY SOLUTION.................................................?
Solution is the mixture of many or atleast two differnt propertiesess materials. The minor part is the solute and the major part is the solvent. Both get mixed and is called the solution.
2017 years ago
What is Quantum numbers???????Write part of this Quantum numbers???????¿??????
Quantum numbers are those numbers which provides complete information of the position ; energy and spin of electrons in the atomAnd the part of this is 1 main Quantum number1 angular 3...
rahul kushwaha 21 days ago
Current 10 amp passed througj cuso4 for 32min 10 sec.if 896ml oxy liberated at stp calculate efficiency of cell
from faraday’s law, moles x valence factor = i*t/F moles = i*t/F*n = 10*1930/2*96485 = 0.100 approx. Moles given at STP = 0.896/22.4 = 0.04 efficiency = (0.1-0.04)/0.1 * 100 => 60%
Vikas TU 25 days ago
Nmm thanks buddy.a small mistake valency factor n=4.because 2h2o gives o2 + 4h^+ +4eso the moles=.05 nd the answer is 80%
Pulkit Khandelwal 25 days ago
The no. of orientation in a shell of orbit no. 5 is(a) 5 (b) 50 (c) 25 (d) 10
The number of orientation level is described my m values . So find it now by using it . But your question is no clear of what is 5 , so I have given you the concept , find it .
Drake 26 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn