HI sir,

I have just passed my 10th standard from SSC board and now I started preparing for JEE. Will you please recommend some books for me in all the 3 subjects. I searched for it on many sites but the list given there is too big and I get confused about which to buy. It would be great if you share some experience of your JEE preparation with me.

Thanks

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Rushabh,

First of all clear your concepts from NCERT books.

The list of books is in the link below,

http://www.askiitians.com/Important-books-iit-jee.aspx

Best Of luck

Plz Approve the answer...!!!!

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It’s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and winexciting gifts by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple click here to download the toolbar….
So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

3 years ago

I suggest following books for IIT JEE preparation:

Physics

• MECHANICS

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

• Resnick and Halliday

• ELECRICITY AND MAGNETISM

• Resnick and Halliday

• Circuits devices and systems by R.J. Smith
    • Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

• OPTICS

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• MODERN PHYSICS

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov

• HEAT AND WAVES

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• Resnick and Halliday

Chemistry

• ORGANIC CHEMISTRY

• Morrison & Boyd

• Solutions to Morrison Boyd

• Reaction mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar ± Chawla

• INORGANIC CHEMISTRY

• NCERT Inorganic Chemistry

• Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee

• IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal

• GENERAL CHEMISTRY

• J.D. Lee

• O.P. Aggarwal

• R.C.Mukerjee

Maths

• ALGEBRA

• High school mathematics by Hall and Knight

• IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna

• CALCULUS amp; ANALYTIC GEOMETRY

• G.N.Berman

• Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney

• Coordinate geometry by Loney

• I.A.Maron

• VECTORS

PLEASE APPROVE MY ANSWER

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
if a+b+c+d=0 then(a+d)^2+(b+d)^2+(c+d)^2 is equal to

Opening the bracket terms and seperating the square terms and terms with d would give a^2+b^2+c^2+3d^2+2d(a+b+c) But, a+b+c= -d So, a^2+b^2+c^2+3d^2+2d(-d) and solve ahead to get the...
  img
Ravi one month ago
I AM POOR IN PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY HOW I CAN PREPARE FOR IIT

No one is poor in any subject.Just have confidence in yourself.It is either due to lack of confidence ir due to insufficient timing Start from NCERT and then only go for other study...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
Sir i got 67.07% in HSC and 256 in bitsat ….(2014).. i took a drop...i am practicing hard day and night but due to my board marks,do i have any chance of getting to jee advance..plzz help...

Hi, Top 1.5 Lac students qualify for JEE Advanced. This list which qualifies for advanced has nothing to do with your board marks. In JEE advanced rankings, or IIT allotment, your HSC marks...
  img
Yash Baheti 2 months ago

Hi, Top 1.5 Lac students qualify for JEE Advanced. This list which qualifies for advanced has nothing to do with your board marks. In JEE advanced rankings, or IIT allotment, your HSC marks...
  img
Yash Baheti 2 months ago

But Sir criteria says 70% minimum please comment on this

Ram 2 months ago
i got mech in SVNIT Surat and civil in BITS hyderabad ( which may or may not change (to instrumentation or mechanical) aftyer joining).what should i take?

im from hyderabad,i got 218 in mains but just 957 in IPE. due to normalisation, i was ranked 9620... i got 309 in BITSAT and a rank of 13.5 k in advanced .

rahul 4 months ago
There are a lot of reasons for the outbreak of the First World War. Plz give me exact reason which was caused first world war.

There are many reasons why the World went to war in 1914. These are some of the more important reasons. Britain and Germany were competing to have the most powerful navy in the world. This...

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 5 years ago
Sir,i am studying for HS this year from westbengal.. I have dropped a year because i didnt study well in previous year,and my 11 is also uncleared. So now im studying hs in old syllabus..i...

Hi, Hard work is in near future, you must be prepared. You must join a institute who can teach you the syllabus of 11 th and 12 th both. We here at askIITians can provide you one on one...
  img
Yash Baheti 2 months ago

my teachers advised me to concentrete only for hs not for jee now..whats ur opinion??

jOHNJM 2 months ago
View all Questions »