Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Dear Sir/Mam

I am expecting a score of 238(without partial marks) in IIT-JEE-2010 .

I am intrested in M.Tech (5yrs) programme in electrical , mechanical , aerospace  ; I may also opt for chemical / biotechnology , but I am not as interested in them .

can you help me in selecting the right preferential order of branches for this year's counselling.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Sona,

As your score is of 238 marks in IIT JEE 2010, so with these marks your estimated rank would be some where in between 2500 to 3000. According to the calculation you can get IIT.

Now as you told that you are intrested in M. Tech (5 years ) in the following branches that you have mentioned, then i would like to advice you that go with this programme only rather than doing B.Tech in chemical/ biotechnology.

However score may vary and as a result rank may also vary, a slight difference may create lots of difference in rank.

For further details you can visit the following: provides online iit jee courses and IIT JEE Test Series with IITians. Click here to get free online test series and check your status timely or you can join us as our registered user for getting best iit jee study material or iit jee test series.

Askiitians provide you all the best possible information, feel free to ask.

all the best.

thanks and regards.

Akhilesh Shukla

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Branch Ranking of IIT

which engineering branch is best for present situations???
Good to pose question and to answer it yourself !!...Well CSE/EEE/Biotech/CIVIL will be a good choice,........but along with it this thing is also very much required that one must be a hard ...
Aneesh Sehgal 5 months ago
ece and cse is best......
babi 6 months ago
This year I am going to attend 10 standard .I want to prepare for IIT jee. Please advice me about percentage needed in 10 and the topic initial for it.
irst of all it depends on boards and the branch that you want to get in an NIT But approximately you would have to score more than 300 with 86%, 280 with 93% assuming that your board is...
Aneesh Sehgal 4 months ago
there is no such criteria that you have to score such percentage in class 10 th to get appear in iit jee exam. but if you are an iit aspirant then surely you should try to score a perfect...
SAHIL 4 months ago
What is the closing rank in jee advanced for aeronautical engineering & full course structure and future scope of aeronautical engineering . ​ ​
Dear Advay, you need to visit the official website of JEE Advanced and check the status of Aeronautical engineering over there, fill your score /merit andcheck where do you stand, whether...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
I got qualified in jee Advance...can I get a seat in IIIT through advance marks or rank ?
Dear Student, it is a matter of your good score as well as the merit list this year, you may certainly get a seat at IIIT but before that you may visit the official website of the IIIT to...
Aneesh Sehgal 4 months ago
yes sure if your marks are good in jee advancw then sure you can enter in the college of your choice with warm regards and best wishes for future sahil
SAHIL 4 months ago
What is avg and percentage placements of last 2-3 years of iit roorkee electrical iit guwahati ece
Both are good but iit roorkee > guwahati
Nishant Vora 3 months ago
With my rank telangana-eamcet, i can get a seat in cse branch in JNTU and OU.As both are top colleges in the state, i am confused in choosing one.Can you please tell me which one would be a ...
you must go for roorkee college of engineering roorkee. This college providing you 3 years Bsc courses in Agriculture and forestery. in different fields like petroleum engineering,...
Amit Kumar Singh 3 months ago
I was allotted in Mechanical (smart manufacturing) in IIIT Kancheepuram.Is it worth joining?
@ vandya that is the only one choice u have ?? if u have any other choice then let me know , beacuse joining into mechanical smart manufacturing is not a good decision . that too in a lower ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Sir, what mininum marks i need to get civil branch in any of the iits? I m a type of dropper. I have not got a good college , so i want to attemp for jee again in 2017. I have no choaching....
@ shubhra we cannot predict the marks here as jee advanced specially changes the total no of marks everytime to surprise the students . so, for getting civil in top 5 iits u need a rank...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Branch Ranking of IIT

Ask Experts