Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

If the first and nth terms of a G.P. are a and b resp.and if P is the product of n terms,prove that:-

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Aparna,

nth term  = arn-1

so,  b = arn-1

and P = a(ar)(ar2)(ar3).......(arn-1)

Therefore, P2=a2n(r)n(n-1)

as,  b = arn-1,

P2= an(arn-1)n

i.e. P2=an(b)n

so, P2=(ab)n

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Anil Pannikar

IIT Bombay

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

in how many ways the letters of the word 'Arrange' can be arranged so that 2A's are separated by exactly 2 letters
If we see the case, you can shift the 2 A`s upto 4 places from the left. For each case, the other 4 letters can be arranged in their places in 4! Ways. And the 2 A`s can arrange in 2! Ways...
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
Sorry, my mistake. There are 5 letters remaining. Then the correct no. of permutations is 4*5! = 480. The case of 2! Is not applicable as both are same letters.
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
how does it implies that a real number is rational if x ½ is rational?
Please put the complete question. Here no reference is given about x.
Harsh Patodia one month ago
there is a question from complex no. mam please help me for getting its answer
Kindly submit the desired question for the experts to answer! Two complex numbers are equal if and only if both their real and imaginary parts are equal. In symbols: {\displaystyle...
Stan one month ago
if vectors 2i-3j+k, 3i+xj+k are orthogonal then x=?
Orthogonal vectors means that dot product is Zero and hence: (2)(3) + (3)(x) + (k)(k) =0........(1) and for 2 nd equation , we have Cross product as Zero. from Both equation we can find ‘k’ ...
Kuldeep Pal one month ago
If two vectors are orthogonal means that they are in perpendicular to each other and the dot product is zero. here, dot product of two vectors is 6-3x+1=5-3x=0...x=5/3..It`s m
KARNEYSANKETH one month ago
Why we have to do matrices? What is use from this topic? please tell me the answer..
by using matrices we can solve the llinear equations in two and three variables .it also useful while calculating in rows and coloumns...and in engineering there is lot of uses with...
KALYAN 10 months ago
matrices is to read, u should do this because u wont get marks unless u practice& the use is that u can get marks in sems, ---{reality}/in/{rgukt}
qq 10 months ago
Hello Prabhakar A matrix is a collection of numbers arranged into a fixed number of rows and columns. Usually the numbers are real numbers. In general, matrices can contain complex numbers...
Gaddam Chethan 10 months ago
From the point A(0,3) on the circle x^2 + 4x + (y-3)^2 =0 a chord AB is drawn & extended to a point M such that AM=2AB . The equation of the locus of m will be?
This is the equation of given circle So, centre is (-2,3) and radius = 2 Now Let M(h,k) AM=2AB Now B is the midpoint of A and M So Now we know that apply this condition and you will get the...
Nishant Vora one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn