Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

our sir told that the sum of the interior angles of an 'n' sided polygon is '(n-2)pie'.how?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Vivek,

A quadrilateral has  4 sides, draw a diagonal and divide it into 2 traingles

so , Sum of angle  =  2 * 180 = 360

A pentagon has 5 sides, draw 2 diagonal and divide it into 3 traingles

so , Sum of angle  =  3 * 180 = 540

similarly. a hexagon has 6 sides, draw 3 diagonal and divide it into 4 traingles

so , Sum of angle  =  4* 180 = 720

so u can generalize, sum = ( n-2 )*180

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Anil Pannikar

IIT Bombay

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

Sir, this is my doubt please clarify, Let f:R->R be a function given by f(x+y) = f(x)+f(y) for all x,y belongs to R such that F91)=a, f(x)= Sir, Kindly give me the solution
Lim h->0 [ f(x+h) - f(x) ] / h = f`(x) Lim h->0 [ f(x) + f(h) - f(x) ] / h = f`(x) As f(x+y) = f(x) + f(y) Lim h->0 f(h) / h = f`(x) Transforming into differential eq. y/x = dy/dx (variable...
2017 years ago
if the product of HCF & LCM of two natural no. is 3780000 then their hcf is
Firstly, U should have provided the options either or LCM value to get the HCF. because absence of any one of themm cannot solve. However the concept would be: HCF is the factor of LCM...
2017 years ago
By Cauchy Schwarz Ineq you have Let a+b+c+d+e = t. Then we need to prove that t 2 /(t-5) 20 which is equivalent to ptoving that t 2 -20t+100 = (t-10) 2 \ge 0 which is true as any perfect...
mycroft holmes 29 days ago
Further we have and hence we must have Finally , from which we immediately have …........................................................................................
mycroft holmes 29 days ago
Please tell if you know any short tricks of mathematics for jee
Dear Students, Maths needs alot of practise and thus please solve more number of questions. Tricks are of course there in every topics. You can get those tricks from the study material...
Vijay Mukati 11 months ago
Dear Harshil Chauhan, For mathematics there is no shortcuts except someone,the only thing is you can practise much number of problems.
SAI SARDAR 10 months ago
Every day chapter complete that day and practice at least 3 hours.Read NCERT books properly these are some trics for matha.
NARAYANA 10 months ago
If the sum of first n natural numbers is 1/5 times the sum of their squares, then th value of n is
This question should have been posted in algebra section . Anyway here is solution. It was easy, wonder why you cant do it
Ajay 3 months ago
What is the next number in series 1,3,7,25,103,? (i) 526 (ii) 521 (iii) 515 (iv) 509
I too feel the same but this question has been given in FIITJEE mental ability book for Udaya-I for class 8. In book its answer has been given as 521 but no logic has been given for it. If...
Akshit Khanna one year ago
1 * 1 + 2 =3 3 * 2 + 1=7 7 * 3 + 4=25 25 * 4 + 3=103 103 * 5 + 6=521 521 * 6 + 5=3131 Here the sequence is first multiply by 2 and then add 1 AND in the next number the reverse is following ...
Rudrajyoti Das 3 months ago
I feel that there is some mistake in the question since...there is no relation between the 4 th and 3 rd , 5 th and 4 th .. Please recheck the question.....
Shubham Kamleshbhai Patel one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn