There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

i would kndly like to know that waves originate from a source in form of wavelets (according to Huygen),i.e.,every particle on them must have same phase but when 2 waves pass through slits their occurs a phase difference that results in interference,why??

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear kshitij

In this  case phase difference occure due to path difference.

In ydse whan wave passes through slit ,then for every point other than the point which lie on the perpendicular bisector of two slit, one wave must have to traveel greter distance than other . so due to difference in distance travell phase difference occure.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Wave Optics

Answer the attached question ....thank you..explain the solution
use mirror formulae simply: 1/f = 1/u + 1/v. f is taken as positive for convex mirror u is always negative thus take it with negative sign. and get the value of v. Magnification is given in ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
plz tell me the relationconnection focal length, v, u, m in mirror and lenses
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
Explain me sign convection for mirrors,lens,and spherical surfaces in simple way...
Hi ! Sunkari, for all lenses , mirror and spherical mirror the distance on the principal axis are measure from the optical centre. The distance measure in the direction of incident rays are ...
nath 2 months ago
The sign convection always follows the graph sign. Type of lens u v f Height of the image (h I ) Height of the object (h O ) Real Virtual Real Virtual Real Virtual Convex - + - + No virtual ...
Shreyas Patil 2 months ago
@ sunkari 1- all distance from principal axis are measured from optical enter . 2-the distance measure in the direction of incident ray are +ve and opp. to that are -ve 3- all distance...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
A very broad elevator is going vertically up with constant acceleration of 2 m/s2 . At instant when its velocity is 4 m/sa ball is projected from the floor of the lift with a speed of 4 m/s ...
Net acceleration = g + a = > 12 m/s^2 Time of flight = 2usintheta /12 = > 2*4/sin30/12 = 1/3 seconds.
Vikas TU 8 days ago
what is dynamic means??
dynamic means motion
Gavvala Ganesh one year ago
Dynamics is a branch of applied mathematics (specifically classical mechanics) concerned with the study of forces and torques and their effect on motion, as opposed to kinematics, which...
Aditya Raj one year ago
a circular loop carrying a current i is placed in XY plane with center at origin.a uniform magnetic field is oriented about positive z axis.The loop tends to ? ANS: expand how?
compression if the direction of current i
rohit anand 9 months ago
compress if the direction o
rohit anand 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details