• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

iit mandi

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Kritika,

Indian Institute of Technology Mandi popularly known as IIT Mandi is an autonomous university located in Mandi, Himachal pradesh. The Indian Institute of Technology Mandi is the youngest Indian Institute of Technology established by the MHRD, Government of India in 2009.It is the only IIT nestled in the lowermost climatic zone of the serene Himalayas in Himachal Pradesh. Presently, IIT Mandi functions from transit campus at Mandi town in Himachal Pradesh. Permanent campus (about 12 km from historic town of Mandi) is under construction along Uhl River (a tributry of River Beas) at Kamand, Mandi. The institute admits students into various B.Tech. , Ph.D. (as of 2010) programs. Prof. Timothy A. Gonsalves joined as Director of IIT Mandi on Jan 15, 2010.

B. Tech Programs

During the academic year 2009-2010, undergraduate programs leading to the following degrees are being offered,

• Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science Engineering

• Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering

• Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering

IIT Mandi has initiated a culture comprising of cultural and technical societies. These societies will seek to exploit various talents of students. To capture the cultural talent, abound in students, a Cultural Society (CUL-SOC) has been conceptualized. It is further divided into following sections:

The technical interests are being taken care by societies like

• WDT (Web Development Team)

• EDC (Entrepreneurship Development Cell)

• TPC (Training and Placement Cell)

Apart from all these societies, there is a magazine group, which showcases literary talents and insight into the campus happenings.

If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Vijay Luxmi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Top Engineering Colleges in India

Dear Student, this is purely a matter of your personla choice as per your area of interest. Both the institutions are equally good in almost all the respects. Have you been allotted or...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
mnnit allahabad ece is better than nit warangal electrical. i have considered placement as well as academic environment as a factor of comparison
SAHIL 3 months ago
On your site, why BITSAT expected 2016 cut off score is shown going down from last year ?
@ jayant The cutoff for exams are depend upon multiple factors 1- the no of students taking the exam , 2- the seats in the 3 bits campous 3- the toughness of question paper , and the...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Dear Student, there is nothing new about it. The cutoff of the result varies every year dependendin on the merit list of that particular year. You just check in your own status and if you...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
hey guys....... i and my frind are sure of getting admission in NSIT delhi in both cs and ece branches... can u guys tell me which branch is better based on the following aspects tough???...
but this year the best choice for branches has shifted to ece.....which one is harder to study?? ece or cs?
shikhar panwar 4 months ago
surely cs is better in all aspects. students pursing this degree usually get higher packages and good placement offers. so surely you should choose cs for pursing future studies thanks
SAHIL 4 months ago
cs is harder to study as you have to learn a lot of programming in it thanks . hope you will consider my suggestions
SAHIL 4 months ago
Hello!! I m in 10th std right now n I m planning to go for IIT but I haven`t join any of the classes for it still......can I plz get some tips how n what should i do... and which are the...
@ rutuja no , now , u have to only work upon the fundamentals and the besics . if your besics are in right place then u can proceed ahead . as such classes are required when u entered class ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
please visit thanks post if still some doubt it will be answered as soon as possible.
SAHIL 2 months ago
which branch is better in chemical and civil at iit bombay
Chemical at IIT B...than civil.
Saurabh Kumar 4 months ago
both the branches are good but if you are not much interested in any of the two above and want to choose the branch on basis of placement then surely you should choose civil at iit bombay....
SAHIL 4 months ago
Q) The atomic mass of an element is 12.00719 amu. If there are 6 neutrons in the nucleus of the atom of the element, the binding energy per nucleon of the nucleus will be a. 76.4 MeV b....
Nuclear binding energy is the energy that would be required to disassemble the nucleus of the atom into its component parts. Calculation can be employed to determine the nuclear binding...
KALYAN 10 months ago
Dear Sai sowrya vardhan, If the atomic mass of an element is 12.00719 amu than the binding energy per nucleon is 7.64Mev because binding energy is nothing but conservation of mass.
SAI SARDAR 10 months ago
Dear Sai Sowrya Vardha the answer for this question is “7.64 Mev” Ok all the best for your bright future
Prabhakar ch 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Top Engineering Colleges in India

Ask Experts