Do we need energy to cool a body, if yes, what happens when i cool a body to very low temp and placed contact with the body which has temp about 40-50 degree celcius, does the energy travels from cool body to high body or something else? I think the heat,water,current moves from high potential to low potential objects. In the same way the heat transfer from high potential i.e cool body to low potential i.e high body. Right! But when i verified with HCV VOL-2 it gave that the heat always travels from hot body to cool body, Is it right, If yes can i have the explanation plz. And remember im from 9 th class and preparing IIT in sri chaitanya IPL campus, which is one of the best school in India. out of which narayana co spark is my old school so better you tell me the correct answers PLZ

Do we need energy to cool a body, if yes, what happens when i cool a body to very low temp and placed contact with the body which has temp about  40-50 degree celcius, does the energy travels from cool body to high body or something else?
         I think the heat,water,current moves from high potential to low potential objects. In the same way the heat transfer from high potential i.e cool body to low potential i.e high body. Right!
         But when i verified with HCV VOL-2 it gave that the heat always travels from hot body to cool body, Is it right, If yes can i have the explanation plz. 
          And remember im from 9th class and preparing IIT in sri chaitanya IPL campus, which is one of the best school in India. out of which narayana co spark is my old school so better you tell me the correct answers PLZ 

Grade:9

1 Answers

Eshan
askIITians Faculty 2095 Points
5 years ago
Hotter body means higher temperature. Temperaure, actually, is a measure of kinetic enregy of the particles comprising the body. So a high temperature body has particles with higher energy(constantly colliding among themselves) in contact with those of lower temperature body.
Consider this more as a statistical phenomenon- a bunch of highly energetic, colliding among itself system in contact with colder particles. The collision of high energy particles now with lower energy ones would result in the momentum transfer to the cold ones and resultantly, the earlier colder atoms gain the kinetic energy and hence higher temperature., On the other hand, the hotter particles now lose their energy through momentum transfer and thus the temperature of the hotter body decreases.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free