what is defination of average rate of reaction? andgive example of very fast reaction and very slow reaction?

what is defination of average rate of reaction?
andgive example of very fast reaction and very slow reaction?

Grade:12

6 Answers

vamshi
199 Points
8 years ago
Average Rate of Reaction: Decrease in concentration of reactants (or) increase in
concentration of products per unit time is called average rate of reaction.

Slow and fast reactions: Based on rate of chemical reactions, reactions are classified in to
i. Very fast Reactions: occurs instantaneously
E.g.: All precipitation and neutralization reactions
ii. Very slow Reactions: E.g.: Rusting of Iron

RAKESH CHINDAM
428 Points
8 years ago
The rate of a reaction can be expressed as: 1) average rate. 2) instantaneous rate. Average rate: The change in molar concentration of either reactants or products in unit time is called as average rate.Average rate of reaction:
Examples:1.All precipitation and neutralization reactions
2.Rusting of Iron
SAI SARDAR
1700 Points
8 years ago
The change in molar concentration of either reactants or products in unit time is called as average rate of reaction.
very fast reaction is in nuclear fission.
very slow reaction is ferrous react with oxyggen in air to give ferrous oxide.
                                           if you like my answer plz approve it.
T.kumar
281 Points
8 years ago
hi bollu srinu,

The change in molar concentration of either reactants or products in unit time is called as average rate of reaction.
very fast reaction is in nuclear fission.
very slow reaction is ferrous react with oxyggen in air to give ferrous oxide.
                                           if you like my answer plz approve it.

SAI SARDAR
1700 Points
8 years ago
Srinivas,the increase or decrease of concentrations of reactants in a raction.The slowest reaction in nature is form iron oxide.Fastest is nuclear fission.
NAVEENKUMAR NAGIPOGU
108 Points
8 years ago
mu dear srinivas,
         this is the either increase or decrease the concentrations of reactants in a reactions .the slowest reacton is also called as elementary reactions.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free