HETAV PATEL

Grade 11,

In a adsorption process it is possible predict, the time for adsorbent be satured? By theorical methods

In a adsorption process it is possible predict, the time for adsorbent be satured? By theorical methods

Grade:12th pass

3 Answers

Gaurav
askIITians Faculty 164 Points
9 years ago
Yes, It can be predicted easily if we know the rate of adsorption. Adsorption is a first order reaction so the time of saturation can be predicted.
carlos sopas
20 Points
9 years ago
Thank´s Gurav... But I am not seeing how! I have a adosrbation of water vapour from a air flow 30 l/s and I know that 145 kg activate alluminium is satured over 180s whit a pressure dew point -40ºC,  How could I predicte how much time this 145 kg activate alluminium be saturated in a pressure dew point of -20ºC at the same flow. Which assumptions I need to make? 
carlos sopas
20 Points
9 years ago
Thank´s Gurav... But I am not seeing how! I have a adosrbation of water vapour from a air flow 30 l/s and I know that 145 kg activate alluminium is satured over 180s whit a pressure dew point -40ºC,  How could I predicte how much time this 145 kg activate alluminium be saturated in a pressure dew point of -20ºC at the same flow. Which assumptions I need to make? 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free