If supposing the ko value of a reaction is 10 Atm at 300K and 4atm at 400K. Then how can we say that the difference between the heat of reaction at constant pressure and that at constant volume is RT ? I feel that this reaction is endothermic. How do we go about approaching this problem? Do we use the vant Hoffs equation? I tried the ideal gas equation also but didn't get this RT. Also I think since change in enthalpy is -ve so reaction is exothermic. But how do we go ahead solving this problem? please help me.

If supposing the ko value of a reaction is 10 Atm at 300K and 4atm at 400K. Then how can we say that the difference between the heat of reaction at constant pressure and that at constant volume is RT ? I feel that this reaction is endothermic. How do we go about approaching this problem? Do we use the vant Hoffs equation? I tried the ideal gas equation also but didn't get this RT. Also I think since change in enthalpy is -ve so reaction is exothermic. But how do we go ahead solving this problem? please help me.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Ramreddy IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 49 Points
9 years ago
Here if you observe Kp is decreasing with increasing temperature that means that reaction is exothermic. Backward reaction is favoured. The incorrect statement is B i.e. The rate of forward direction is more than that of backward reaction. Use the van’ hoff equation to get deltaH- deltaU= RT

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free