Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

The equlibrium constant kp for the Rxn ,

2So2(g)+O2(g) <----->2So3(g) at 1000k is 3.5/atm
what would be the partial pressure of oxygen gas if the equlibrium is found to have equal moles of So2 and So3

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

2So2(g)+O2(g) <----->2So3(g)

Kp= [p(so3)2]/[po2].[pso2]2

moles of so2 = moles of so3 [given]

because p proportion to moles

partial pressure of so2 = partial pressure of so3
pso2= pso3

Kp= [p(so3)2]/[po2].[pso2]2

Kp= [p(so3)2]/[po2].[pso3]2

Kp= 1/[po2]

= 0.286 atm Ans
6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

If equal solutions of 0.1M KMnO4 and 0.1M K2Cr2O7 solutions are allowed to oxidize Fe(2+) to Fe (3+) in acidic medium, then Fe2+ Will be: a) more by KMnO4 b)more by K2Cr2O7 c)equal in both...
From MnO4- MnO4- + Fe2+ ----> Fe3+ + Mn2+ n1 * 5 = n2 * 1 (0.1V)*5 = n2 n2 = 0.5V From K2Cr2O7, Cr2O7^2- + Fe2+ --------> Fe3+ + Cr3+ n0 * 4 = n2 * 1 (0.1V)*4 = n2 n2 =0.4V Comparing both...
2017 years ago
what are the total formulaes of atomic structure in bohr atumicc model
@ harshith your query are not clear , i guess u want to know about the formula related to the bohrs model of atom , if i am correct then below are the explanation and i am enlisting all the ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
mvr=nh/2pi Kq 1 q 2 /r 2 =mv 2 /r Energy of electron=-13.6*Z 2 /n 2 eV Radius=0.529*n 2 /z A Velocity of electron=2.18*10 6 Z/n Rvolutions per sec =v/2r(pi) Time for one revolution=2r(pi)/v ...
Mudit 2 months ago
Why Rutherford used alpha particle and gold foil in his experiment
dear ankesh can i know the reason for disapproval ?? i mean my answers are correct , tell me the thing that u nt understood . ?? or what else u required for this question ??
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
@ ankesh The reason why rutherford use alpha particle for the experiment 1- they are heavily and positively charged . 2- they donot have any electron 3- as like charges will repel , the...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Why isn`t size of indium lesser than that of gallium becoz of shielding effect ?
The simple reason is: Due to d- block elements contraction. and radii of 4d series and 5d series is almost equal due to lanthanide contraction.
Vikas TU 10 days ago
does aldehyde shows keto enol tautomerisatin or it is considered only in case of ketone?
@ pranav yes , aldehyde shows keto enol tautamerism , beacuse keto form is more stable in the case of aldehyde . the besic nessasaity for keto enol tautamerism is the presence of acidic...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Why agcl is colourless while agbr is pale yellow and agi is dark yellow
@ lokesh we can explain it with the help of two ways 1- the cations are same , so, the deciding factors are anions only , more the size of anion , more will be the polarisation , and more...
Umakant biswal one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn