Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

A glass tube of volume 112ml,containing a gas is partially evacuated till the pressure in it drops to 3.8*10-5 torr at 00C.the number of molecules of the gas remaining in the tube is?

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

volume = 0.112 L

pressure = 3.75 atm

temp = 273K

gas law is PV=nRT

n=0.01874 moles

A mole has 6.0221415×1023 atoms or molecules of the pure substance being measured

no. of molecules = 112.87x1020

7 years ago

HI sameer ali

V=112 ml

P = 3.8*10-5 torr

T=00C=273 k

Use the formula PV=nRT

here n number of mole

and R is gas constant

and find the value of n

and we know that 1 mole of gas contain 1 avagadro number(A) of molecules

so n mole of contain n*A number of molecule at 00C

Take care of units during calculation

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best sameer ali
Askiitians Experts

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

what are the total formulaes of atomic structure in bohr atumicc model
@ harshith your query are not clear , i guess u want to know about the formula related to the bohrs model of atom , if i am correct then below are the explanation and i am enlisting all the ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
mvr=nh/2pi Kq 1 q 2 /r 2 =mv 2 /r Energy of electron=-13.6*Z 2 /n 2 eV Radius=0.529*n 2 /z A Velocity of electron=2.18*10 6 Z/n Rvolutions per sec =v/2r(pi) Time for one revolution=2r(pi)/v ...
Mudit 2 months ago
How errors are identified in analytical chemistry?how chromatography is performed?
Dear student I did’t enderstand by the term errrs over here.Can you be a little more specific.Moreover you can follow the following link for studying analytical chemistry...
Bhavya one month ago
@ trapti chromatography is a physical method of separation that distribute the components between two phases one is stationary and the other is mobile phase or non stationary phase . it is...
Umakant biswal one month ago
calculate the amount of workdone when one mole of an ideal gas present in a bulb of 5litres capacity at one one atmosphere pressure is allowed to enter into an evacuated bulb of 50 litres...
the amount of workdone when one mole of an ideal gas present in a bulb of 5litres capacity at one one atmosphere pressure is: W = -P(change in volume) = -1 * (50 – 5) = -1 * 45 = -45 Joules.
Vikas TU 25 days ago
Functions of various reagents used in organic chemistry problems.
Sir, actually at present i am solving class 12th "haloalkanes, and haloarenes". so i need the list of reagents and their functions from this chapter. But as i would further solve the next...
Apar 15 days ago
@ apar there are a lot of reagents are avaliable as far as the whole organic chemistry are concerned . so, kindly tell me of which chapter u need the list of reagents . so, that i can...
Umakant biswal 19 days ago
-R effect of -COOR is greater than -COOH. What is the best reason behind it.
Simple answer: in Ester that is -COOR there is R group that is the combination carbon and hydrogen atoms. And -R group always shows +R effect thus decreases -R effect.
Vikas TU 24 days ago
What is solubility product ?? On what factors it depends .
@ simran Solubility product ( Ksp ) is a equilibrium constant in a chemical reaction in which a ionic solid dissociates into yield its ion in the solution . general formula for the...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn