Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

a first order parallel reaction given as"a-----b and c .given that k1 is rate constant for formation of b and k2 is rate constant for c.k1=1.3 * 10 to power -5 ,sec to power -1.also k1\k2=1\9.find conc.ratio of c to a if an experiment is allowed to start with only a for 1 hr. 

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

A---->B     k1

A---->C     k2

d[B]/dt = k1*[A]      d[B] = k1*[A] dt

d[C]/dt = k2*[A]      d[C] = k2*[A] dt

therefore [B]/[C] = k1/k2 = 1/9

[A] = [B]+[C]

[A]/[C] = [B]/[C] + 1 = 1/9 +1 = 11/9

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

The mass ofa nonvolatile solute of malar mass 40g/mol that should be dissolved in114g of octane to lower its vapour 20% is......... a) 10 g b)11.4 gc)9.8 g d)12.8 g
From partial pressure for non volatile solute formulae: (P – xP)/P = nA/nB (P – 0.2P)/P = (w/40)/(114/114) 0.8 = w/40 w = 32 g.
2017 years ago
The total mass of 1 mole of electrons is ?(Mass of 1electron=9.1*1o-28g)
MASS OF I MOLE ELECTRON=MASS OF 6.022X10 23 ELECTRONS Mass of 1electron=9.1*1o-28g hence mass of 6.022X10 23 ELECTRONS = 9.1*1o-28gx 6.022X10 23
bhavika 3 months ago
What is a Schottky defect......................................?
The defect arises when equal number of cations and anions are missing from the lattice is called Schottky defect. It is a common defect in ionic compounds of high coordination number where...
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ karun A Schottky defect is a type of point defect in a crystal lattice named after Walter H. Schottky . In non-ionic crystals it means a lattice vacancy defect . In ionic crystals, the...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
the dipole moment of hydrogen chloride with bond distance 127 pm is 1.03D.the % of ionic character of its bond is
We know the dipole formulae that is: Dipole Moment = charge x distance D = 1.602 x 10^-19 x 127 x 10^-12 x 1/(3.36 x 10^-30) = 6 pm ( approx.) ionic charcter % = > 1/6 * 100 => 16.66 %
Vikas TU 9 days ago
How can we calculate the elecroneatiity of Zno by followiny Pouling principle in electron volts(ev).
Pauling Electronegativity: Linus Pauling was the original scientist to describe phenomena of electronegativity. Best way to describe his method is to look at a hypothetical molecule (XY)....
dolly bhatia 2 months ago
I have op tandon for organic chemistry but my teacher says it`s not that good any idea what r must buy for organic? For problems I have himanshu pandey book
@ harsha yes ,o.p tandon is not at all required for organic chemistry , beacuse there are many concept which areabove the level of which jee advanced actually tests . so, for that reason...
Umakant biswal one month ago
frst of all gowith ncert , then solve all ques from himanshu pandey , if u are now at class 11 th then go with morrision and boyd , and if on class 12 th , then go with shortcuts for...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Thx a lot :) , I am like in extended now, kinda forgot most of it so I guess I'll get Morrison and boyd, my teacher said ceng but Nvm no one else suggested that
Kottapalli Sai Harsha one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn