ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   VAPOUR PRESSURE OF A LIQUID IN A CLOSED CONTAINER DOES NOT DEPEND UPON: ?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

In a closed container, the vapour pressure of a liquid depends entirely on its temperature.
When the vapour pressure is stable at a stable temperature, the liquid and its vapour are said to be 'In Equilibrium'. 

(Equilibrium is achieved when..'The number of molecules leaving the liquid into the vapour phase, is equal to the number returning to the liquid phase from the vapour').

Any change in temperature will break the equilibrium and the VP will change accordingly. Only when the liquid re-stabilises at a new temperature, will the VP re-stabilise at the new equilibrium pressure.

PLEASE APPROVE MY ANSWER!!

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
please see attachment first then read this remaining question if the second step is rate determining step then the order od rxⁿ wrt NO is

dear friend here the second step is the rate determining step or the slowest step. Here the slowest step is the second step.So the rate will depend on the concentration of 1 power of NO...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 9 months ago

Since here the cesond step is rate determing therefore thge proceed of the reaction will depend on the second step which is the slowest step. The order of the reaction will be-k[NOBr2][NO]...
  img

yes you are correct but i missed one step i told that rate =k[NOBr2][NO] But rate of formation of NOBr2=k1[NO][Br2] therefore,rate=kk1[NO]^2[Br2] Thus the rate with respect to NO will be 2...
  img
estimate the amount of magnesium that will be dissolved by a current of 01 ampere flowing for one hour

use the formula m=eit m=0.1x60x60e...............e=2/96500 m=7.46x10 -4

noogler 2 months ago

sorry 4 previous ans. i forgot to convert t in sec

noogler 2 months ago

1.24x10 -6

noogler 2 months ago
Enthalpy of combustion of H2 to form H20 at 298K is -298KJ/mole. Bond enthalpies of H-H and O=O are 433KJ/mole and 492KJ/mole respectively. Find bond enthalpy of O-H ?

The reaction can be given as: H2....+......(1/2)O2..................................>......H2O.......+......298kJ/mol In this reaction, for combustion of 1 mole of H2, one mole of H-H...
  img
Naveen Kumar 8 months ago

Dear student just replace the sign of the energy released because it is exothermically released. what you will get is also bond energy released in the formation of O-H bond....
  img
Naveen Kumar 8 months ago

answer is not matching , answr given is B

Damini Parihar 8 months ago
Can anyone help me how to differentiate b/w nucleophile & base during rxn with halo – compounds? I know that nucleophile do substitution & base do elimination. But, when such rxn is given,...

In some cases a nucleophile can act as a good base also When a 1 0 alkyl halide (2 0 also in most cases) is involved in the reaction substitution happens. Elimination reactions occur for 3...

viswanath 4 months ago

Please tell me how would I know that I would use it as nucleophile for substitution or base for elimination. Talking to the point, I want to know the major difference b/w nucleophile & base ...

Shivam Chopra 4 months ago

Thanks for trying. I just want a major difference b/w nucleophile & a base except for that nucleophile attack on carbon & base on hydrogen.

Shivam Chopra 4 months ago
Why are tertiary alcohol more reactive to haloacids than secondary and primary

Dear student the order of stability of carbocation is – tertiary > secondary > primary This is due to the fact that greater the number of alkyl gorups on the carbon carrying +ive...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago

Dear student inductive effect is of two types- 1) --I effect which is also known as e- withdrawing effect and 2).+I effct which is also known as e- releasing effect. Alkyl groups show +I...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago

Alcohols are the class of organic compounds which have -OH as the functional group. Reaction of alcohols with haloacids like HCl,HBr and HI involves the cleavage of C--OH bond of...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago
wen NH3 acts as ligand doesn’t it form inner orbital complex? what is the hybridisation of [Ni(NH3)6]+2

NH3 IS A WEAK LIGAND SO IT UNDERGOES OUTER ORBITAL COMPLEX INSTEAD OF INNER ORBITAL COMPLEX .IN NH3 IS A WEAK LIGAND IT UNDERGOES OUTER ORBITAL COMPLEX and forms octahedral complex with...

SRUTI 3 months ago

NH3 is placed on d right side of d spectrochemical series which means its a strong field ligand

naina 3 months ago
View all Questions »