ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   VAPOUR PRESSURE OF A LIQUID IN A CLOSED CONTAINER DOES NOT DEPEND UPON: ?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

In a closed container, the vapour pressure of a liquid depends entirely on its temperature.
When the vapour pressure is stable at a stable temperature, the liquid and its vapour are said to be 'In Equilibrium'. 

(Equilibrium is achieved when..'The number of molecules leaving the liquid into the vapour phase, is equal to the number returning to the liquid phase from the vapour').

Any change in temperature will break the equilibrium and the VP will change accordingly. Only when the liquid re-stabilises at a new temperature, will the VP re-stabilise at the new equilibrium pressure.

PLEASE APPROVE MY ANSWER!!

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
please see attachment first then read this remaining question if the second step is rate determining step then the order od rxⁿ wrt NO is

dear friend here the second step is the rate determining step or the slowest step. Here the slowest step is the second step.So the rate will depend on the concentration of 1 power of NO...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago

Since here the cesond step is rate determing therefore thge proceed of the reaction will depend on the second step which is the slowest step. The order of the reaction will be-k[NOBr2][NO]...
  img

yes you are correct but i missed one step i told that rate =k[NOBr2][NO] But rate of formation of NOBr2=k1[NO][Br2] therefore,rate=kk1[NO]^2[Br2] Thus the rate with respect to NO will be 2...
  img
Can chemical reactions happen at 0 degrees Kelvin? If so, how slowly would they occur?

Exactly 0K is an unattainable temperature. Temperatures can approach absolute zero but not be absolute zero. One of the ways to study very fast reactions is to cool them down to a few...

vikas yadav 10 days ago

Also, zero kelvin is absolute zero, complete cessation of all movement (including sub-atomic particles) No electron movement = no chemical reaction. at all.

vikas yadav 10 days ago

Also, zero kelvin is absolute zero, complete cessation of all movement (including sub-atomic particles) No electron movement = no chemical reaction. at all.

vikas yadav yesterday
Why was LSD legalized? Was it because of flash backs or...?

I don't see LSD becoming legalized. To begin the DEA and our government is very strict and stubborn when it comes to illegal drugs. Just look at the battles with legalizing marijuana. LSD...

vikas yadav 21 hours ago

Don't think it will ever be legalized for public usage, perhaps some day it will be re-legalized for Psychiatric Therapy as it is quite effective in the treatment of many Psychiatric...

vikas yadav 21 hours ago
Ph(CH2)(CH=CH2) + HBr = ?

First carbocation will e formed and then it will rearrange after rearrangement product Ph – CHBr – CH2 – CH3 will be formed. plz approve!

vikas yadav 3 months ago

(Ph)CH2-CHBrCH2-CH3

narenchemistry 3 months ago
What is the difference between glucose and fructose??????

There are a few key ways in which these two sugars differ Molecular Composition While their chemical formula is the same, the molecules of glucose and fructose are laid out in different...
  img
Raheema Javed 4 months ago

glucose and fructose both have a molecular formula of C6H12O6. While fructose and glucose have the same calorific value, the two sugars are metabolized differently in the body. Fructose...
  img

glucose and fructose both are mono saccride containing 6 carbon atom,same molecular formula but glucose is aldehyde functionality while fructose is ketone

tanveer ul haq 4 months ago
metallurgy sblock pblock i hv not done n left for end i m rite or wrng

I think you have done a good choice but remember definetely you should do this part as soon as possible because it is an important topic.question generally comes from this topic and its very...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 5 months ago
View all Questions »