Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 520 off
USE CODE: MOB20

VAPOUR PRESSURE OF A LIQUID IN A CLOSED CONTAINER DOES NOT DEPEND UPON: ?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

In a closed container, the vapour pressure of a liquid depends entirely on its temperature.
When the vapour pressure is stable at a stable temperature, the liquid and its vapour are said to be 'In Equilibrium'. 

(Equilibrium is achieved when..'The number of molecules leaving the liquid into the vapour phase, is equal to the number returning to the liquid phase from the vapour').

Any change in temperature will break the equilibrium and the VP will change accordingly. Only when the liquid re-stabilises at a new temperature, will the VP re-stabilise at the new equilibrium pressure.

PLEASE APPROVE MY ANSWER!!

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

How to write the electronic configuration of elements and find all quantum numbers?

@ nilkanth its a bit lengthy and complex process , so , u have to start from beginning , frst of all remember the sequence SSPSPSD , THEN read the 3 rules from ncert 1- hunds rule of max...

Umakant biswal 10 days ago
What is a fuel cell...................................................?

Galvanic cells that convert energy of combustion of fuels like hydrogen, methane, methanol etc directly into electrical energy are called fuel cells.

SAI SARDAR 22 days ago

@ RAM A fuel cell is a device that converts the chemical energy from a fuel into electricity through a chemical reaction of positively charged hydrogen ions with oxygen or another oxidizing ...

Umakant biswal 21 days ago
EXPLAIN THE ANTIFERROMAGNETISM..........................................?

Anti ferromagnetism: These substances have domain structure similar to those of ferromagnetic substances but their domains are oppositely oriented and cancel out each other’s magnetic...

SAI SARDAR 17 days ago
What is oxidation state?

An oxidation state is a number that is assigned to an element in a chemical combination. This number represents the number of electrons that an atom can gain, lose, or share when chemically ...

SHANMUKESHWAR 11 months ago

The oxidation state , often called the oxidation number , is an indicator of the degree of oxidation (loss of electrons) of an atom in a chemical compound . Conceptually, the oxidation...

KUNCHAM SAMPATH 10 months ago

The oxidation state , often called the oxidation number , is an indicator of the degree of oxidation (loss of electrons) of an atom in a chemical compound . Conceptually, the oxidation...

RAJU 10 months ago
respected sir, i have a doubt regarding mole concept chapter... my question is how is pressure directly proportional to temperature

@ akshat i think u can recall this equation PV = NRT , THE GAS WHICH OBEYS THIS equation is called as ideal gas . and what u need to understand that if we taken volume of the gas as...

Umakant biswal 20 days ago
What is the common name of the compound H 2 C-CHO?????????????????

the common name of this compound is the vinyl chloride the common for monochloroethane is also similar.

N JYOTHEESWAR 6 months ago

hello sir ji name of this compound is vinyl chloride........................................................................................................................................

sreekanth sree 6 months ago

this common is vinyl cloride H2C- CHCl and this my answer …...all the best for your bright furture common name of the compound H 2 C-CHO is Acrobin. All the best for your bright future Th

raj 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off
USE CODE: sch25

Get extra R 520 off
USE CODE: MOB20

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts