ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   VAPOUR PRESSURE OF A LIQUID IN A CLOSED CONTAINER DOES NOT DEPEND UPON: ?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

In a closed container, the vapour pressure of a liquid depends entirely on its temperature.
When the vapour pressure is stable at a stable temperature, the liquid and its vapour are said to be 'In Equilibrium'. 

(Equilibrium is achieved when..'The number of molecules leaving the liquid into the vapour phase, is equal to the number returning to the liquid phase from the vapour').

Any change in temperature will break the equilibrium and the VP will change accordingly. Only when the liquid re-stabilises at a new temperature, will the VP re-stabilise at the new equilibrium pressure.

PLEASE APPROVE MY ANSWER!!

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Explain band spectrum?

you can assume it like fingerprints of any person. For every element you can have band spectrum. The transition spectrum patten is unique for every element. By transition i mean the...
  img
Suraj Prasad 7 months ago

Spectral bands are part of optical spectra of polyatomic systems, including condensed materials, large molecules, etc. Each line corresponds to one level in the atom splits in the molecules....
  img
Suraj Prasad 7 months ago

Wikipedia is good .Can you explain in your own words in short ?

Vineeth 7 months ago
which book should i prefer for chemistry fo competition for iit

Whatever you feel like you can do. But plz complete it From my point of view Op tondon Ms chouhan P bahadur himanshu pandeyare good choices and even coaching pakages.
  img
Abhinav 6 days ago

for organic ms chouhan for inorganic op tandon for physical ks verma cengage

akshat 6 days ago

prefer balaji publication

rahul 6 days ago
a gaseous reaction, A2(g) =B(g) + 1/2C(g) shows increase in pressure from 100 mm to 120 mm in 5 min.The rate of disaapearnce of A2.?

Given the reaction is ..................................A2(g) …..............=......B(g)...... +....... 1/2C(g)...
  img
Naveen Kumar 7 months ago

sir but the ans is 8 mm/min.

Shriya Mehrotra 7 months ago

yes sir got it..thanks..

Shriya Mehrotra 7 months ago
Please explain to me when we use Clemmension reduction method and wolff-kishner reduction method ( when only a compound is given to be reduced and no informatio about the solvents or medium...

img
Saurabh Kumar 2 months ago

to reduce carbonyl compounds into alcohols dez reagents are used. clemmenson reduction affects acid sensitive grps and wolf kishner reagent affects base sensitive reagent.so,if der is an...

naina 2 months ago
What are pseudohalogens?

The pseudohalogens are polyatomic analogues of halogens , whose chemistry, resembling that of the true halogens , allows them to substitute for halogens in several classes of chemical...

ng29 24 days ago

pseudohalogens are thoose compounds which are having -1 as the charge example (I 3 ) - in organic chemistry it is very useful approve if useful

akshat 16 days ago
ways to learn organic reaction

Hello student you should practise each and every reaction by writing in ur copy . All the Best . Hit approve if u got even a little help by my answer :) Thanks .

Drake one month ago

just practicee as much que as you can from various books and u will automatically get reactions into ur mind approve if useful

ng29 one month ago

refer sn sanyal for mechanisms himanshu pandey for questions approve if useful approve if useful

ng29 one month ago
View all Questions »