VAPOUR PRESSURE OF A LIQUID IN A CLOSED CONTAINER DOES NOT DEPEND UPON: ?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

In a closed container, the vapour pressure of a liquid depends entirely on its temperature.
When the vapour pressure is stable at a stable temperature, the liquid and its vapour are said to be 'In Equilibrium'. 

(Equilibrium is achieved when..'The number of molecules leaving the liquid into the vapour phase, is equal to the number returning to the liquid phase from the vapour').

Any change in temperature will break the equilibrium and the VP will change accordingly. Only when the liquid re-stabilises at a new temperature, will the VP re-stabilise at the new equilibrium pressure.

PLEASE APPROVE MY ANSWER!!

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
A binary solid A+B- has a ZnS structure with B- ions constituting the lattice and A + ions occupying 25% tetrahedral holes.Formula of the solid is.?

No.of B- ions= 4 (Corners+ face centres) No.of A+ ions= 1 (total there are 4 tetrahedral holes but in which only 25% is occupied i.e. only one void is occupied ) formula of solid= AB4
  img
Ramreddy 28 days ago

ans is AB2.

Shriya Mehrotra 28 days ago
I have these two doubts please help me with these please try to be more explanative

Let us cosider two molecules of Ethylene. we can think it as we have to break two c-c double bond and we have to form four c-c single bond. Now breaking of bond requires energy(endothermic)...
  img
Naveen Kumar 23 days ago

thank you

Kaustubh Nayyar 20 days ago
what is meant by acid base titrations

Titration is defined as the process of determining the volumes of reagents,required for the just completion of a reaction. Acid-base titration is one of the type of volumetric analysis.It is...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago

Acid base titration means the determination of concentration or rank of a solution with respect to water with a pH of 7. All chemical reactions cannot be considered as titrations. A reaction...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
How to learn Inorganic chem it is so vast? Can u please tell me a method learn inorganic chem for jee advance and Boards?

Hello Student Inorganic Chemistry is in fact the easiest one among the organic, inorganic and physical chemistry. It is very simple and most of the questions based on this are direct. All...
  img
Gaurav yesterday
Why Sn(II) is a reducing agent while Pb(II)is not?

The reducing character of element in 4 th group is given by M+2 ------->M+4 +2e- As stability of the +4 oxidation state decreases down the group,therefore Sn(IV)is more stable as compared...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
How can these be tautomers when they do not contain an alpha-Hydrogen?

Tautomers are constitutional isomers of organic compounds that readily interconvert by a chemical reaction called tautomerization. This reaction commonly results in the formal migration of a...
  img
Suraj Prasad one month ago

does it mean that the compound will show only structural isomerism.. and not tautomerism..??

ANMOL SETH one month ago
View all Questions »