VAPOUR PRESSURE OF A LIQUID IN A CLOSED CONTAINER DOES NOT DEPEND UPON: ?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

In a closed container, the vapour pressure of a liquid depends entirely on its temperature.
When the vapour pressure is stable at a stable temperature, the liquid and its vapour are said to be 'In Equilibrium'. 

(Equilibrium is achieved when..'The number of molecules leaving the liquid into the vapour phase, is equal to the number returning to the liquid phase from the vapour').

Any change in temperature will break the equilibrium and the VP will change accordingly. Only when the liquid re-stabilises at a new temperature, will the VP re-stabilise at the new equilibrium pressure.

PLEASE APPROVE MY ANSWER!!

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
describe the contents of the erlenmeyer flask during titration at these points: (i)initially (ii) at half titration (iii) at the equivalence point (iv) after the equivalence point. Include...

The contents of flask sepends upon the type of titration done. For example; in acid- Base titration if we take acid in the flask with few drops of suitable indicator then in the burrete we...
  img
Naveen Kumar 10 days ago
a gaseous reaction, A2(g) =B(g) + 1/2C(g) shows increase in pressure from 100 mm to 120 mm in 5 min.The rate of disaapearnce of A2.?

Given the reaction is ..................................A2(g) …..............=......B(g)...... +....... 1/2C(g)...
  img
Naveen Kumar 3 days ago

sir but the ans is 8 mm/min.

Shriya Mehrotra 3 days ago

yes sir got it..thanks..

Shriya Mehrotra 3 days ago
a reaction takes place in 3 steps with rate constant k1, k2, k3. the overall rate rate constant is k= k1*(k2)^1/2 /k3. if the activation energies are 40, 30 ,20 kj for step 1,2,3...

Given k=k1*(k2) 1/2 /k3 Taking log both the side lnk=lnk1+lnk2(1/2)-lnk3 We know that k=Ae -Ea/RT ;lnk=lnA-Ea/RT let every step have same arrhenius constant(i.e.A) and Ea1,Ea2 and Ea3 are...
  img
Naveen Kumar 10 days ago
how to prepare for organic tests effectively!!?? pls suggest a method

Organic compounds unlike the inorganic ones cannot be identifeid by testing the ions as they do not give ions in the solution because of having colvalent linkages in them.Organic compounds...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago
Cr(NH 3 )(CO 3 ) what is the oxidation no. of Cr?

the oxidation state of the metal atom is the charge that would exist on the atom if the bonding were completly ionic oxidation no. of Cr:- i think you are missing its a carbonate ligand and...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
How to calculate ml(magnetic quantum number) values?

Magnetic quantum number(m l ) is one of the four quantum numbers.It refers to the different orientations electron cloud in a particular sub-shell.These different orientations are called the...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago
View all Questions »