Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

In the gaseous reactiojn 2A+B  = A2B, Gibbs free  energy=1200cal at 227Degree Celsius. What total pressure would be necessary to produce 60% conversion of B into A2B when 2:1 mixture is used?

Ans (5.02atm)
Sir, it is the question of "Modern Approach To chemical calculations" by Ramendra c. Mukerjee, page no.507,

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

delG = -RT ln K.

Find out K

say x moles of B is present, then 2x moels of A is present. Let total pressure be P.

say a moles of B reacted. Then. 2a mol of A reacts and a mol of A2B is formed.

given : a=0.6x.

Hence, B- 0.4x and A - 1.2x and A2B= 0.6x

partial pressure of A2B is (0.6/(0.6+1.2+0.4))*P = (0.6/2.2)P

similarly P= (0.4/2.2)P, Pa = (1.2/2.2)P

Kp = Pa2b / Pb .Pa 2    This value of Kp is obtained using the topmost formula. From this find out the value of P and that is the required value

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

The total mass of 1 mole of electrons is ?(Mass of 1electron=9.1*1o-28g)
MASS OF I MOLE ELECTRON=MASS OF 6.022X10 23 ELECTRONS Mass of 1electron=9.1*1o-28g hence mass of 6.022X10 23 ELECTRONS = 9.1*1o-28gx 6.022X10 23
bhavika 3 months ago
what is meant by internal energy.................................?
@ sharda internal energy can be defined as the energy associated with the random , disordeerd motion of molecules . it is separated in scale from the macroscopic ordered energy associated...
Umakant biswal one month ago
The energy in molecules or atoms or in system is defined due to the random motion collision or anny movment between them. that energy is called as internal energy. it depends on many...
Vikas TU one month ago
If bonding and antibonding electrons are equal then why the molecule is unstable? Explain it with an example.
This is as bond order is 0 BO = ½ (No of BMO – No of ABMO) BO is directly proportional to stability thus is it not present in nature eg. He 2
Rohan Kadkol one month ago
Explain in detail , ortho and para hydrogen. And also its % dependency on temp.
ortho are the postions adjacent to the substituents and the para position is the straght view position for any molecule benzene.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Please give me the correct stability order for Cabocation. In different books different orders are thereWhich is correct
@ joseph 1- increasing substitution increaseas stability we look at the no. of bonding electrons that are attached to carbocation beacuse those bonding electrons , will help in allivating...
Umakant biswal 24 days ago
Hi, for the stability of carbocation always remember this trick, +MR HI This is the order of checking the stability in sequence wise. +M => +mesomeric effect {learn the +M effect showing...
Vikas TU 24 days ago
Generally the stability of carbocation is tertiary > secondary > primary > methyl this is generally decided by mesomerism ,inductive effect and the hyperconjugation
Amay chugh 22 days ago
can i know which book can i refer for jee mains with basics i m very back at basics
@ ram , i think u are asking for the organic chemistry . if so, then start with ncert , with reading of ncert , your besic will get strong as it explains each and every mechanism step by...
Umakant biswal 29 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn