Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

The enthalpy of fusion of ice is 6kJ/mol. The heat capacity of water is 4.2j/g/K.What is the smallest amount of ice cubes at 0degrees,each containing i mole of water,that are needed to cool 500g of liquid water from 20 dgreess to 0degrees

Ans:7.Give me the complete solution

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

heat rejected by water = m*c*delT = 500*4.2*20

let m be the number of cubes

heat taken by cubes = m*6000

heat rejected = heat raken

=> m*6000 = 500*4.2*20

=> m = 7

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

find n; log(17/11)=(1-n)log(35/54) i know u can do it with calculators tell me the correct steps. thanks
Dear Priyesh, Sharing personal information and contact details is strictly not allowed on this forum. Please make sure that you must follow forum guidelines else your account will be...
Forum Team 2 months ago
Contact me on WhatsApp for answer. Dont forget to approve view ucckcbzdlgkdkgjzkgkxjblvhxlbgvphhxvhxjuzvcfxkbuxjbixhvkxxkchzivjzvxhckcgclvyxohuzyfi
priyesh dixit 2 months ago
lithium tetra borate is considered as acidic flux whereas lithium meta berate is considered basic fluxwhat is the criteria for it?
In Lithium metaBorate the no. of hydrogens can be donated is superficcil than in compare to Li tetra Borate. Therfore by definition of acid – base lithium tetra borate is considered as...
2017 years ago
define IE1 and IE2 , why is IE1 > IE2 for a given atom ? discuss any four factors that affect IE of AN ELEMENT
@ deva ionisation energy or ionisation enthalpy is the enrgy required to remove the most loosely bound electron from an isolated gaseous atom . and IE1 , IE2 , these are the removal of...
Umakant biswal one month ago
How the conversion happen in number of carbon atom in wurtz reaction?
Dear student Following is the conversion in Wurtz reaction
Bhavya one month ago
what is hybridisation of free radical cl03 ? .. and how can i find the hybridisation of free radicals like ch3, cf3, no2...
@ anubhav the hybridisation in chlorate is sp3 . clo ^ 3- have 3 bond pairs and 1 loan pair ifu can calculate acc to the VSEPR theory . it is of the type AB3E . it has trigonal pyramidal...
Umakant biswal one month ago
sir, what is the hybridisation of cl03 free radical and not clo3-.... ch3 has sp2 hybridisation bt cf3 has sp3 hybridisation.. jst like this i want to knw if there’s any kind of exception...
anubhav one month ago
the hybridization of phosphorus in PCl 5 (in solid state ) is 1)sp 3 2)sp 3 d 2 3)sp 3 d 4)both 1 and 2
ans is given as 4...
krishna priya 9 days ago
@ krishna option no 3 turns out to be the correct option , here , the orbitals are filled by electrons of five cl atom . there are 5 p-cl sigma bond , three in one plane and make an angle...
Umakant biswal 10 days ago
does it show ionic charecter in solid...
krishna priya 7 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn