There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

why Nacl is sometimes yellow in colour?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

In metal excess defect when anionic vacancy filled by electron and made F-centers, I hope u study metal excess defect.The visible light falling on NACL crsytal absorbed by the electrons and get exicted.Then crsytal shows yellow colour.Similarly,excess of lithium in LICL shows pink colur. Smile

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

The molar volumes of ice and water are 0.0196 and 0.0180 litres per mole at 273K. If ΔH for the transition of ice to water is 1440 calories per mole at 1 atm pressure, find ΔU.
From eqn. ΔU + Δ(PV) ΔH = = ΔU + ΔPV + PΔV Given, 1440 = ΔU + 0.0196*273 + 0.0180*273 ΔU = 1440 – 10.2648 = 1429.73 calories.
Vikas TU 27 days ago
I have a many books for physics H C Verma class12,ABC physics class12,ncert physics class12,and rudiments physics mcq and i am also taken a tution of physics then i am confused how i study...
@ manish What u need to understand is that , every book explains the same concept , every author have diffrent approach to explain the same concept . so, by that i can say first of all...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
look brother dont get scared by seeing all thoose books.just leave all the rubbish biooks except hc verma ad ncert .never leave them.all your friends will be dong that and this books.just...
sunny 3 months ago
calculate the amount of workdone when one mole of an ideal gas present in a bulb of 5litres capacity at one one atmosphere pressure is allowed to enter into an evacuated bulb of 50 litres...
the amount of workdone when one mole of an ideal gas present in a bulb of 5litres capacity at one one atmosphere pressure is: W = -P(change in volume) = -1 * (50 – 5) = -1 * 45 = -45 Joules.
Vikas TU 27 days ago
Choose the correct ionization energy order for the given species: (A) O > S > S - > O - (B) F > F - > Cl - > Cl (C) O > O - >S - > S (D) F > Cl > Cl - > F -
I thinkthe answer ic (c)as Cl has highest IE.Therefore option(B) and (D) are ruled out. Again the IE decreses down the group and hence S should have less IE than O. Also as an electron...
Mudit 2 months ago
What makes an element or compound to become source of energy , for example hydrogen ?
Any element or compound which is able to emit anything that is non – uited particle or photon or electron or proton or neutron etc. which ffinally is considered as releases energy and hence ...
Vikas TU 13 days ago
I have the honour to state that I have faced some problem with those question below: 1.which compound dissolves in water:alkene,alkyne,alkane,benzene. 2.why C 6 H 5 OH is more acidic than...
@ emon i am answering the 2 nd part of your question . c6h5oh is more acidic due to resonance stabilised phenoxide ion . on the other hand in the case of ch3oh neither ethanol nor ethoxide...
Umakant biswal one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn