There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

Describe Anaesthetics

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Anaesthetics:- Anaesthetics may be defined as those drugs which produce insensibility to the vital functions of all types of cells especially of nervous system. The effect produced by anaesthetic is reversible, i.e., affected organs return to the normal state as soon as the concentration of the anesthetic is decreased. Thus, anaesthetic produces temporary insensibility to pain or feeling in the whole body or a particular organ. Anaesthetics may be classified into two groups on the basis of their applications.

(i)          General Anaesthetics:- These depress the central nervous system to such an extent that all sensitivity to pain or feeling is host, i.e., they produce unconsciousness all over the body. These are used for major surgical operations. These may be used in the form of gas, e.g., nitrous oxide, cyclopropane, ethylene, ether or may be given in the injection form e.g., sodium pentothal.

(ii)         Local Anaesthetic:- These affect only part of the body insensitive to pain or feeling. Common local anaesthetics are: xylocaine, ethyl chloride, and procaine. These are used for small surgical operation like tooth extraction, stitching of a wond or incision of an abscess. Some other modern local anaesthetics are,  a-eucaine, orthocain and dimethisoquin.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

@ DEEPAK THERE ARE many methods which are used in organic chemistry for the purification of the compound , kindly let me know which one u want to know in detail . there are methods like...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Why does 3 degree alcohol give immediate turbidity with lucas reagent
Lucas reagent is a mixture of HCl and anhydrous ZnCl2 this reaction undergoes SN1 reaction and this reaction passes through the carbocation intermediate and tertiary carbication are stable...
Amay chugh one month ago
@ srilakshmi lucas reagent is hcl + anhydrous zncl2 . the reaction proceeds in sn1 mechanism , which depends upon carbocation stability . tertiary alcohol react almost immidietly as they...
Umakant biswal one month ago
What is the decreasing order of +I effect for following: 1. -CH 2 -CH 2 -O - 2.-O - 3. -CH 2 -O -
decreasing order of +I effect for: given compounds would be: 1> 3 > 2 as O- shows highest and maximum +I effect.
Vikas TU one month ago
sir please explain in short what do you mean by Bridging ligands ??
Hi ! Prasan ,, A Bridging ligand is defined as the one that can simultaneously bond itself to more than one metal ion.OH- , Cl- , NH2- , can function both as monodentate and bridging ...
raju 2 months ago
@prasan an atomic or polyatomic ligand which connect two or more atoms in a compound is called bridging ligand . example – nbcl5 these are 2 bridging and 8 terminal chloride ligand . HOPE...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
what is the meaning of saturated water vapour and aqueous tension?
If the liquid is in an open container and exposed to normal atmospheric pressure, the liquid boils when its saturated vapour pressure becomes equal to 1 atmosphere. that is called as...
2017 years ago
If equal solutions of 0.1M KMnO4 and 0.1M K2Cr2O7 solutions are allowed to oxidize Fe(2+) to Fe (3+) in acidic medium, then Fe2+ Will be: a) more by KMnO4 b)more by K2Cr2O7 c)equal in both...
From MnO4- MnO4- + Fe2+ ----> Fe3+ + Mn2+ n1 * 5 = n2 * 1 (0.1V)*5 = n2 n2 = 0.5V From K2Cr2O7, Cr2O7^2- + Fe2+ --------> Fe3+ + Cr3+ n0 * 4 = n2 * 1 (0.1V)*4 = n2 n2 =0.4V Comparing both...
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn