Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

Which is more acidic-     HCOOH  or   2,4,6- Trinitro phenol?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

dear anurag

2,4,6-trinitrophenol is more acidic than formic acid...because of resonance.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

deepak kumar singh

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

Reactivity of esters towards saponification reaction which is more active 1 degree 2 or 3
@ biswajit 1 degree will be more stable . the reason is when leaving group leaves , this actually happens . if r” is the tertiary , then the inductive effect will make the charge unstable . ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Please, explain the answer of the above question,how the basisity affected by Nitrogen & how i can solve these typevof ques, i want to know concept behind these types of ques.
Remember: Basicity is alwas first check by the hybridization of the Nitrogen atom group. Basicity increases in the following order: sp3 > sp2 > sp. Therfore I AND IV options have N atom sp3 ...
Vikas TU 24 days ago
Please explain more if 1 & 4 both are sp3 hybridised then why 4 has more badicity than 1 and how to decide between other two option.
Er Manish Kumar 24 days ago
Using Ortho para directing groups explain resonance in benzene
Learn this codee: HB MNC that stands for Hydrogen Bonding methyl Nitration Methyl (-CH3) And circle the whole code. that circle would stand for ortho taht is O for Ortho. . Now what does it ...
Vikas TU one month ago
Except F2 all the halogens forms the oxides. Cl has largest number of synthesis of oxides. Examples: Cl2O, ClO2, Cl2O6, Cl2O7 Br2O, BrO3, BrO2C. I2O5 , I2O7. the synthesis reaction would...
2017 years ago
i need sone tips to prepare for higher exams. like, we should prioritise theories or numericals? for example, i m currently preparing mole concept
Hii I can help you with some books if you need that. Study from these books and topics will easy to you. Reference Books for Engineering Entrance Exam Chemistry NCERT Chemistry text books of...
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
@ NAVYA kindly mention you are preparing for engg or medical entraance exams , so, that i can help u suitably . if u are focusing more on medical entrances then u need to solve problem in...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
the dipole moment of hydrogen chloride with bond distance 127 pm is 1.03D.the % of ionic character of its bond is
We know the dipole formulae that is: Dipole Moment = charge x distance D = 1.602 x 10^-19 x 127 x 10^-12 x 1/(3.36 x 10^-30) = 6 pm ( approx.) ionic charcter % = > 1/6 * 100 => 16.66 %
Vikas TU 9 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn