DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Importance of Organic Compounds

6 years ago

Answers : (3)

Organic compounds play an important role in our daily activities. There is hardly any walk of life where we do not need the organic compounds. The food that we eat is essentially a mixture of organic compounds. The changes which the food undergoes in our bodies are organic chemical reactions. The clothes that we wear whether of cotton or synthetic fiber all are organic in character. The soap, cosmetics, perfume, oils, plastics, explosives, rubber, dyestuffs, paper, insecticides, etc., are all organic compounds. In the medicinal field, organic compounds are indispensable. Antibiotics, sulpha drugs, alkaloids, aspirin, iodoform, etc., are organic compounds. There is hardly any industry which is not dependent on organic compounds. The following list clearly illustrates the importance of organic compounds.

1. Food: Carbohydrate, Proteins, Fats, vitamins, Enzymes, etc.

2. Clothes: - Cotton, Silk, Wool, Nylon, Rayon, Dacron, etc.

3. Fuels: - coal, Wood, Natural gas, Petrol, etc.

4. Medicines: - Penicillin, Streptomycin, Chloromycetin, Sulphadiazine, Morphine, Aspirin, Iodoform, Cocaine, etc.

5. Explosives: - Nitroglycerine, Nitrocellulose, T.N.B, T. N.T, etc.

6. Dyes: - Indigo, Malachite green, Alizarin, etc.

7. Insecticides: - D.D.T, Gammexane, Malathion, etc.

8. Household and other common articles:- soaps, Cosmetics, Perfumes, Detergents, paper, Rubber, Plastics, Leather,  Resins, Inks, Paints, Varnishes, Photographic films, etc.

6 years ago

organic compounds are used every where 

3 years ago

WESE THEY ARE VERY MUCH USEFUL...BUT OF NO USE WHEN ASKED IN EXAMS>....
9 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
What are the products formed when 2-methoxy propane reacts with conc HI

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta 7 months ago

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta 7 months ago

In the presence of conc.HI I think (CH3)2CH-OH changes to (CH3)2CH-I. Also since a secondary carbon is present SN 1 mechanism may occur then the products are different(CH3OH and...

Himaja 7 months ago
how to read organic chemistry and please tell how to remember organic chemistry

Organic chemistry is simplest part of chemistry, but most of the students will find it very difficult because they do not understand basics . If one understands basics then it is very easy...
  img
Ramreddy 8 months ago

See, first of all you must have a good knowledge of all the reagents i.e what is the effect of those reagents and in what conditions they react and what products are formed. then you just...
  img
Suraj Prasad 8 months ago

there is a bokk SN SANYAL which contains reactions, rearrangements and reagents i.e the complete organic chemistry organic chemistry is very scoring so u must have deep knowledge about it...

ng29 2 months ago
why carbon always form covalent bond?

The carbon atom needs to either gain or lose 4 electrons to complete its valence shell. But it is difficult for it to lose 4 electrons as it would require about 6200 joules of energy and...

Siddharth Majumdar 6 months ago

A carbon atom is tetravalent .it has 4valence electrons .it cannot gain electrons as it could lead to low stability as the nuclear charge cannot outweigh the net charge.because of similar...

Jacob james 5 months ago
why the order of thermal stability is as follows ZnO>CdO>HgO ?? please explain all the properties and cause for this order.

Zinc,Cadmium and mercury all three are group 12 elements which belong to the d-block of the periodic table.All these three elements formed oxides either by direct combination with oxygen and...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago

i dont no

Amritha Ammu 2 months ago
What is the difference between didentate ligand and ambidentate ligand?

Bidentate ligand A bidentate ligand has two points at which it can attach to the central atom. One example of such a ligand is: oxalate ion The two single-bonded oxygen atoms can each...
  img
Raheema Javed 7 months ago

Didentate or Bidentate ligands are the logands which makes bonds with the metal ion in two places. It make two bonds with two different portion of its structure. Ambidentate ligands are the...
  img
Aziz Alam 8 months ago

a bidentate is one which combines from 2 different sites simultaneously....but ambidentae is one which can combine from 2 sites but at a time only one site can combine(ambidentate ar...
  img
Harishwar 8 months ago
I want to know the scientists related to law of chemical combination? please give me their photos with name?

JOHN DALTON U CAN FIND PHOTOS AT famousscientists.org/ john - dalton /

mohit vashishtha 25 days ago

JOHN DALTON go to wikipedia for photo

Nicho priyatham 24 days ago

JOHN DALTON

grenade 24 days ago
View all Questions »