Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off
USE CODE: MOB20

Importance of Organic Compounds

7 years ago

Answers : (3)

Organic compounds play an important role in our daily activities. There is hardly any walk of life where we do not need the organic compounds. The food that we eat is essentially a mixture of organic compounds. The changes which the food undergoes in our bodies are organic chemical reactions. The clothes that we wear whether of cotton or synthetic fiber all are organic in character. The soap, cosmetics, perfume, oils, plastics, explosives, rubber, dyestuffs, paper, insecticides, etc., are all organic compounds. In the medicinal field, organic compounds are indispensable. Antibiotics, sulpha drugs, alkaloids, aspirin, iodoform, etc., are organic compounds. There is hardly any industry which is not dependent on organic compounds. The following list clearly illustrates the importance of organic compounds.

1. Food: Carbohydrate, Proteins, Fats, vitamins, Enzymes, etc.

2. Clothes: - Cotton, Silk, Wool, Nylon, Rayon, Dacron, etc.

3. Fuels: - coal, Wood, Natural gas, Petrol, etc.

4. Medicines: - Penicillin, Streptomycin, Chloromycetin, Sulphadiazine, Morphine, Aspirin, Iodoform, Cocaine, etc.

5. Explosives: - Nitroglycerine, Nitrocellulose, T.N.B, T. N.T, etc.

6. Dyes: - Indigo, Malachite green, Alizarin, etc.

7. Insecticides: - D.D.T, Gammexane, Malathion, etc.

8. Household and other common articles:- soaps, Cosmetics, Perfumes, Detergents, paper, Rubber, Plastics, Leather,  Resins, Inks, Paints, Varnishes, Photographic films, etc.

7 years ago

organic compounds are used every where 

4 years ago

WESE THEY ARE VERY MUCH USEFUL...BUT OF NO USE WHEN ASKED IN EXAMS>....
one year ago

Post Your Answer

what is allotropy?

Two or more substances having same chemical properties but different in physical properties. This tendency known as allotropy.

SAIMANIKANTA 7 months ago

The phenomenon of existence of an element indifferent physical forms but possesing similar chemical properties is known as allotropy

pa1 7 months ago

The phenomenon of existence of an element indifferent physical forms but possesing similar chemical properties is known as allotropy

pa1 7 months ago
WHat is the IUPAC name of the compound H-CHO????????????

IUPAC name of H-CHO is Methanal and its common name is Formaldehyde. its the simplest aldehyde. iupac and common names are different.

N JYOTHEESWAR 3 months ago

the name of this CH3-CH2- CHO , Propanaldehyde, Propanal ... Other common names for compounds : C6 H 6(Benzene). C6 H 5.OH (Phenol). C6 H 5.NH2 ( Aniline).This is the iupac name of H-CHO....

sudarshan 3 months ago

Hello prabhakar, CH3-CH2- CHO , Propanaldehyde, Propanal ... Other common names for compounds : C6 H 6(Benzene). C6 H 5.OH (Phenol). C6 H 5.NH2 ( Aniline).This is the iupac name of H-CHO.

Gowri sankar 3 months ago
pb metal or nonmetal give the answer

metel

Gavvala Ganesh 8 months ago

Lead is a soft and malleable metal , which is regarded as a heavy metal and an other metal . Metallic lead has a bluish-white color after being freshly cut, but it soon tarnishes to a dull...

SHAIK HAFEEZUL KAREEM 2 months ago

LEAD (P b ) IS A METAL BECAUSE IT IS A BASE.ALL BASES ARE METALS . IN A GROUP MATALIC CHARACTER IS INCREASES.

SAI SARDAR 7 months ago
WHO IS PAVAN KALYAN?

PAWAN KALYAN IS SJDHGF zGHKAJDV ALKSIJFHLKAJHDF ALKSDJFHLAKJHDFVLKHN SDFL;KJHA;SDKLJF DSLKJHFLKASDHJF SDLKHJFKLSD

GANDIKOTA NAVEEN 8 months ago

pavan kalyan is a yerripappa in a.p

Rajesh Rockey 8 months ago

PAVAN KALYAN is a actor

RAKESH CHINDAM 8 months ago
best theory book for physical chemistry

I had used op tandon and it was pretty useful, sometimes the theory given is a particular book is not explained well but is properly given in some other book so you’ll most probably have to ...

Neeti 9 months ago

O.P tandon again. I didn’t need extra books for organic chemistry because my coaching tutors were very generous with notes, but i think O.P Tandon is pretty good.

Neeti 9 months ago

No problem :) you can even post doubts and questions, if you have any. i’d be more than happy to help :)

Neeti 9 months ago
what is the dimention of velocity and acceleration................>>>>>>>>>>>>????

The dimension of velocity is LT^-1 that is metres per second The dimensions of acceleration is LT^-2 that is meters per second square

Himanshu 3 months ago

Acceleration has the dimensions of velocity (L/T) divided by time, i.e., L/T 2 . The SI unit of acceleration is the metre per second squared (m/s 2 ); this can be called more meaningfully...

T.kumar 3 months ago

HI LT^-1 IS THE DIMENSION OF VELOCITY AND ITS UNIT IS METER PER SECOND.LT^-2 IS THE DIMRNSION OF ACCELERATION AND ITS UNIT IS METER PER SEC^2.

NARAYANA 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: FC20

Get extra R 400 off
USE CODE: MOB20

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts