There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

Importance of Organic Compounds

6 years ago

Answers : (3)

Organic compounds play an important role in our daily activities. There is hardly any walk of life where we do not need the organic compounds. The food that we eat is essentially a mixture of organic compounds. The changes which the food undergoes in our bodies are organic chemical reactions. The clothes that we wear whether of cotton or synthetic fiber all are organic in character. The soap, cosmetics, perfume, oils, plastics, explosives, rubber, dyestuffs, paper, insecticides, etc., are all organic compounds. In the medicinal field, organic compounds are indispensable. Antibiotics, sulpha drugs, alkaloids, aspirin, iodoform, etc., are organic compounds. There is hardly any industry which is not dependent on organic compounds. The following list clearly illustrates the importance of organic compounds.

1. Food: Carbohydrate, Proteins, Fats, vitamins, Enzymes, etc.

2. Clothes: - Cotton, Silk, Wool, Nylon, Rayon, Dacron, etc.

3. Fuels: - coal, Wood, Natural gas, Petrol, etc.

4. Medicines: - Penicillin, Streptomycin, Chloromycetin, Sulphadiazine, Morphine, Aspirin, Iodoform, Cocaine, etc.

5. Explosives: - Nitroglycerine, Nitrocellulose, T.N.B, T. N.T, etc.

6. Dyes: - Indigo, Malachite green, Alizarin, etc.

7. Insecticides: - D.D.T, Gammexane, Malathion, etc.

8. Household and other common articles:- soaps, Cosmetics, Perfumes, Detergents, paper, Rubber, Plastics, Leather,  Resins, Inks, Paints, Varnishes, Photographic films, etc.

6 years ago

organic compounds are used every where 

3 years ago

WESE THEY ARE VERY MUCH USEFUL...BUT OF NO USE WHEN ASKED IN EXAMS>....
10 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
WHAT ARE Polar Covalent Bonds PLEASE DESCRIBE WITH SOME EXAMPLES TO UNDERSTAND FOR ME

Polar Covalent Bonds In our discussion of chemical bonds in Section 1.4, we examined compounds such as LiF in which the bond is between two atoms with very large electronegativity...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 8 days ago

Polar covalent bonds strongly influence the physical properties and reactivity of molecules. In many cases, these polar covalent bonds are part of functional groups, which we shall study...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 8 days ago
I have op tandon organic chemistry and solomons fryhle chemistry. WHich book should i read. OP tandon has only reaction whose mechanism are’nt there.So should i prefer solomon fryhle or op...

dont refer more forigen books refer those which are prepared for iit jee follow sanayal for mechnism n do practice from ms chouan or himinshu panday

Nicho priyatham one month ago

You may refer Modern’s ABC of Chemistry. It will help you grasp all the concepts with ease and give you ample scope of attempting numericals.

Rounak Datta one month ago

solomon frhyle is best book among ur choices u can do himanshu pandey for questions for practice it is very good book APPROVE IF USEFUL

ng29 one month ago
Is lattice energy directly proportional to ionic charecter? Plz help me..!

Lattice energy is the amount of energyreleased when one mole of the ionic solid is formed by the combination of constituent ions of the compound in gaseous state.For ex-latiice energy of...
  img
Aarti Gupta 21 days ago
what is the faraday’s equivalent of 9.8g of k2cr2o7 ?

here 6 is n- factor of k2cr207 (moles of electrons needed to reduce 1 mol. of k2cr2o7)

Abhishek Singh 6 months ago

moles of k2cr2o7 is= 9.8/294=1/30 moles eqvalents = 1/30*6=0.2

Abhishek Singh 6 months ago
best theory book for physical chemistry

I had used op tandon and it was pretty useful, sometimes the theory given is a particular book is not explained well but is properly given in some other book so you’ll most probably have to ...

Neeti 4 days ago

O.P tandon again. I didn’t need extra books for organic chemistry because my coaching tutors were very generous with notes, but i think O.P Tandon is pretty good.

Neeti 4 days ago

No problem :) you can even post doubts and questions, if you have any. i’d be more than happy to help :)

Neeti 4 days ago
View all Questions »