DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Importance of Organic Compounds

5 years ago

Answers : (3)

Organic compounds play an important role in our daily activities. There is hardly any walk of life where we do not need the organic compounds. The food that we eat is essentially a mixture of organic compounds. The changes which the food undergoes in our bodies are organic chemical reactions. The clothes that we wear whether of cotton or synthetic fiber all are organic in character. The soap, cosmetics, perfume, oils, plastics, explosives, rubber, dyestuffs, paper, insecticides, etc., are all organic compounds. In the medicinal field, organic compounds are indispensable. Antibiotics, sulpha drugs, alkaloids, aspirin, iodoform, etc., are organic compounds. There is hardly any industry which is not dependent on organic compounds. The following list clearly illustrates the importance of organic compounds.

1. Food: Carbohydrate, Proteins, Fats, vitamins, Enzymes, etc.

2. Clothes: - Cotton, Silk, Wool, Nylon, Rayon, Dacron, etc.

3. Fuels: - coal, Wood, Natural gas, Petrol, etc.

4. Medicines: - Penicillin, Streptomycin, Chloromycetin, Sulphadiazine, Morphine, Aspirin, Iodoform, Cocaine, etc.

5. Explosives: - Nitroglycerine, Nitrocellulose, T.N.B, T. N.T, etc.

6. Dyes: - Indigo, Malachite green, Alizarin, etc.

7. Insecticides: - D.D.T, Gammexane, Malathion, etc.

8. Household and other common articles:- soaps, Cosmetics, Perfumes, Detergents, paper, Rubber, Plastics, Leather,  Resins, Inks, Paints, Varnishes, Photographic films, etc.

5 years ago

organic compounds are used every where 

3 years ago

WESE THEY ARE VERY MUCH USEFUL...BUT OF NO USE WHEN ASKED IN EXAMS>....
5 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Can anyone help me how to differentiate b/w nucleophile & base during rxn with halo – compounds? I know that nucleophile do substitution & base do elimination. But, when such rxn is given, I...

Please tell me how would I know that I would use it as nucleophile for substitution or base for elimination. Talking to the point, I want to know the major difference b/w nucleophile & base...

Shivam Chopra 29 days ago

In some cases a nucleophile can act as a good base also When a 1 0 alkyl halide (2 0 also in most cases) is involved in the reaction substitution happens. Elimination reactions occur for 3 0...

viswanath 29 days ago

Thanks for trying. I just want a major difference b/w nucleophile & a base except for that nucleophile attack on carbon & base on hydrogen.

Shivam Chopra 25 days ago
The ticked answer is the answer provided by the book. Is the sum of locants rule not violated here? Please expain in detail how this compound is named.

No such rule is violated here. See, for the main compound, we have a cyclohexane ring and all the rest groups are substituents. For numbering, we choose the substituent having max. no of...

Yash Jain 3 months ago

So we don’t even number according to alphabetical order? Is it the same with straight chain compounds?

Ayesha Khan 3 months ago
What is the difference between glucose and fructose??????

There are a few key ways in which these two sugars differ Molecular Composition While their chemical formula is the same, the molecules of glucose and fructose are laid out in different...
  img
Raheema Javed 3 months ago

glucose and fructose both have a molecular formula of C6H12O6. While fructose and glucose have the same calorific value, the two sugars are metabolized differently in the body. Fructose...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 5 months ago

glucose and fructose both are mono saccride containing 6 carbon atom,same molecular formula but glucose is aldehyde functionality while fructose is ketone

tanveer ul haq 3 months ago
What do you meant by a susstance? Is there any differnce between matter and substance. Explain with an example.

Dear student, We generally define the termmatterfor all ordinary mattercomposed of atoms, and it excludedes phenomena such aslightorsound. We can generalize this concept of matter from atoms...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 6 months ago

Matter is anything that has mass and takes up space(volume). But Substance (specifically chemical substance) is a matter with definite chemical composition. So anything that has mass and...
  img
Ramreddy 6 months ago
how make easy to learn physical chemistry

Physical chemistry is mostly thermodynamics and quantum mechanics, so, yeah, lots of equations and math. Not necessarily easier, but definitely a different style of chemistry than O-chem....
  img
Saurabh Kumar 8 days ago

if you try to understand the apllications of Physical Chemsiry in real world, you will like the subject and you wiil enjoy with the topics of physical chemsitry. for example: Osmosis,...

suresh 3 days ago

if you try to understand the apllications of Physical Chemsiry in real world, you will like the subject and you wiil enjoy with the topics of physical chemsitry. for example: Osmosis,...

suresh 3 days ago
Question is attached... {ALTS-10 Q61}

ANS-(2)Backbonding s possible in metal alkene and metal carbonyl Thus it has both bond
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 3 months ago

ANS-(2)Backbonding s possible in metal alkene and metal carbonyl
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 3 months ago
View all Questions »