ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   The melting points and solubility in water of amino acids are generally higher than those of the corresponding halo acids Explain?

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Because of h bonding

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
what are aromatic compounds? is this an aromatic compound? CH3-CH2-CH=O

an organic compound that contains one or more benzene ring is called an AROMATIC COMPOUND.well I think aldehyde- CH3-CH2-CH=O is an aromatic compound.

Moxa Alpesh Patel 7 months ago
Can anyone help me how to differentiate b/w nucleophile & base during rxn with halo – compounds? I know that nucleophile do substitution & base do elimination. But, when such rxn is given, I...

Please tell me how would I know that I would use it as nucleophile for substitution or base for elimination. Talking to the point, I want to know the major difference b/w nucleophile & base...

Shivam Chopra 26 days ago

In some cases a nucleophile can act as a good base also When a 1 0 alkyl halide (2 0 also in most cases) is involved in the reaction substitution happens. Elimination reactions occur for 3 0...

viswanath 26 days ago

Thanks for trying. I just want a major difference b/w nucleophile & a base except for that nucleophile attack on carbon & base on hydrogen.

Shivam Chopra 22 days ago
In cannizaro reaction, after the heterolytic cleavage of the pi bond due to the attack of the OH - ion at the carbonyl carbon, the pi bond is reformed and a H- ion leaves. Why is it more...

http://www.askiitians.com/revision-notes/chemistry/aldehydeketone-and-carboxylic-acid/ . Please go through this...
  img
Harishwar 4 months ago

I found out the answer. The OH- attacks the electrophillic carbonyl carbon and the pi bond of the carbonyl oxygen is broken and the electron moves to the oxygen. Since the medium is basic in...

Amogh 4 months ago
Q . WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING IS MOST VOLATILE AND WHY?- HF HCl HI HBr

Among the following compound the most volatile is HCl.The volatility of compound id its property to have high vapour pressure at ordinary temperature. The order is HCl<HBr<HI<HF HF...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 5 months ago
it is difficult to calculate internal energy U ,however ∂U can be easily determined why??explain with example

According to Einstein's equation U=mc 2 we can calculate absolute energy of a body,but in this expresssion the term c 2 reffered to the energy of any system which is quite large and...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago

Thanks

Deepak Bohra 2 months ago
Is dsp3 and sp3d hybridisation the same? Also, is dsp hybridisation possible?

dsp3 is an inner orbital hybridisation whereas sp3d is an inner orbital hybridisation.When(n-1)d orbital combines with n s orbital and np orbital we get dsp3 hybridisation whereas if nd...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 5 months ago
View all Questions »