The melting points and solubility in water of amino acids are generally higher than those of the corresponding halo acids Explain?

one year ago

Answers : (1)

Because of h bonding

one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
*Can anybody pls tell me the mechanism for this reaction?? #image * also tell me whether picric acid or mentioned product which will be major??? * u can also mention some source where i may...

Benzene is treated with a mixture of concentrated nitric acid and concentrated sulphuric acid at a temperature not exceeding 50°C. As temperature increases there is a greater chance of...
  img
Suraj Prasad 27 days ago
what should i refer ,o p tandon or ranjeet shahi ?,if i need theory as well as ques at the same time

If you need theory then follow o.p.tandon or if you want to questions then follow ranjeet shahi. But it is better to follow o p tandon for both theory as well as questions....
  img
Ramreddy one month ago

thank you sir

sunath khadikar one month ago
WHY ARE COVALENT COMPOUNDS POOR CONDUCTORS?

COVALENT COMPOUNDS POOR CONDUCTORS because they do not contain any ions in solution state. The conductivity is due presence of ions in solution/ molten state. But covelent compounds do not...
  img
Ramreddy one month ago

Covalent(AKA molecular) bonds are between two or more non-metals (which are poor conductors), where the valence electron shells of all the substances involved are filled completely, and...

Nikhil Gaddam one month ago
The mixture of noble gases are separated by which method?

The mixture of noble gases can be separated by the fractionation of liquid air.Baesd on the difference in the melting poing and bioling point these can be separated.When liquid air is...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
Hello sir, My brother is preparing for IIT-JEE -2016. He has just take admission in class 11 th and coaching. for physical chemistry he has started with ncert, p Bahadur and R c mikherjee....

only OP TANDON book on physical chemistry is enough but if you want to solve much problem then go for only one book for numericals that is P bahadur more than enough for clearing physical...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago

solve essential physical chemistry by ranjeet shai

tushar mehta 2 months ago

mere question ka answer nehi to

tushar mehta 2 months ago
I in case of CF3I has a partial charge of +1 and in case of CH3I has a partial charge of -1. Why? I know it is related to electronegativity but please explain!

IN case of CF3I it dissociates as CF3- and I+ the charge on iodine is +1 whereas CH3I dissociates as CH3+ and I- the charge in case of I- is -1.see as the electronegativity of flourine is...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
View all Questions »