The melting points and solubility in water of amino acids are generally higher than those of the corresponding halo acids Explain?

one year ago

Answers : (1)

Because of h bonding

one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
co2 +h20=

When carbon dioxide dissolves in water ,it exists in chemical equilibrium producing carbonic acid.Carbonic acid is the chemical compound with the chemical formula H2CO3.It is also a name...
  img
Aarti Gupta one month ago
Sir please help me balance this equation- Cr(oh)3+IO3^-1-------->I-+CrO4^2-(in basic medium) by ion electron method. Sir it is written in my book to first balance all the atoms other that o...

If you will follow the steps you will get the answer. General Steps Step 1:Try to balance the atoms in the equation by inspection, that is, by the standard technique for balancing non-redox...
  img
Suraj Prasad 2 months ago
Which of the following names are correct as per IUPAC norms? 2,6,6-trimethyloctane 3,3,7-trimethyloctane Pent-4-en-2-yne Diethyl ether

3 and 4 are incorrect. But in case of 1& 2, 1 is given correct in a book reasoning first locant (here methyl group) should get lowest number (3) whereas in 2 nd first locant gets 3 which is...

Himaja 25 days ago

Lowest locant rule is violated in compunds one and third,fourth is common name and not IUPAC name,hence second compound is the correct answer

Harihara Narayanan 25 days ago

The second compound would be the right answer as first one and the third violates the lowest sum rule and the last one is a common name.

Havishma Haranath 26 days ago
n factor of I ® I+

i depends on reaction... in genral n factor of I+ can be 1

Nikunj Sharma one month ago
does the volume strength of H2O2 depend on conditions? since 1L of H2O2 at different conditions give different volume of O2. then, what is the use of such volume strength labelling?

The volume strength can give different volume a of O2 at different condition, but at STP the volume given of O2 can be converted to its number of mole and so we have molarity of H2O2. As we...
  img
Naveen Kumar one month ago
a gaseous reaction, A2(g) =B(g) + 1/2C(g) shows increase in pressure from 100 mm to 120 mm in 5 min.The rate of disaapearnce of A2.?

Given the reaction is ..................................A2(g) …..............=......B(g)...... +....... 1/2C(g)...
  img
Naveen Kumar one month ago

sir but the ans is 8 mm/min.

Shriya Mehrotra one month ago

yes sir got it..thanks..

Shriya Mehrotra one month ago
View all Questions »