The melting points and solubility in water of amino acids are generally higher than those of the corresponding halo acids Explain?

one year ago

Answers : (1)

Because of h bonding

one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
why does hydrogen have the greatest migrating aptitude!!??

The key to the migration is a donation of electrons to the other oxygen atom. If a RCH(OH)OOR" is created from an aldehyde, then the apparent migrating group is a hydrogen. I think of...
  img
Harishwar 5 days ago
preparation of ethers

Ethers are the organic compounds having general formula ROR where R is alkyl group which may be same or different.There are two general methods for the preparation of ethers:- 1....
  img
Aarti Gupta one month ago
I have a class test tommorow on biomolecules.I have only 2-3 hours to study is it enough and what are the topics I should concentrate on. Please reply urgently!!

Study about starch, cellulose linkages, glucose structure, its properties, different tests for glucose classification of amino acids, structure of amino acids, fructose structure , DNA and...
  img
Harishwar 5 days ago
the order of screening effect of electrons of s p d f of a given shell of an atom on its outer shell electrons is ______________

It is described as a decrease in shielding effort between the nucleus and last orbital due to electrons present between them i.e., greater the screening effect, easier the removal of...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 28 days ago
oxygen is divalent where as sulphur exists valency 2,4 and 6 due to_______.

oxygen shows oxidation state 2 due to absence of d orbitals. but in sulphur vacant d orbitals are present in valence shell so sulphur can show 2,4 and 6 oxidation states.. thanks&regards...
  img
Kamlesh Kumar 7 months ago

due to presence of d-orbital in sulphur Thanks & Regards Mukesh Sharma askIITians Faculty
  img
Mukesh Sharma 7 months ago

because there is exist so ,so2 & so3 in mono , bi & tri state due to presence of d orbital

nitish rathore 7 months ago
how to represent electrochemical cell ,constructed by iron and iodine electrode, where iodine electrode works as anode?

Fe3+ +e- -------Fe2+ (cathode) 2I- --------I2 +2e-(anode) thanks and regards sunil kr askIITian faculty
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
View all Questions »