The melting points and solubility in water of amino acids are generally higher than those of the corresponding halo acids Explain?

one year ago

Answers : (1)

Because of h bonding

one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
preparation of ethers

Ethers are the organic compounds having general formula ROR where R is alkyl group which may be same or different.There are two general methods for the preparation of ethers:- 1....
  img
Aarti Gupta 16 days ago
Please give the product of reaction in the image

major product-1methylcyclopentene thanks and regards sunil kr askIITian faculty
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
I in case of CF3I has a partial charge of +1 and in case of CH3I has a partial charge of -1. Why? I know it is related to electronegativity but please explain!

IN case of CF3I it dissociates as CF3- and I+ the charge on iodine is +1 whereas CH3I dissociates as CH3+ and I- the charge in case of I- is -1.see as the electronegativity of flourine is...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 days ago
The molarity of Cl- ion in an aqueous solution which was (w/V) 2% NaCl , 4% CaCl2 and 6% NH4Cl will be 0.342 0.721 1.12 2.18

w/v percentage means weight of solute in gm in 100ml of solute 2%NaCl has mole of Cl- =2/58.5 similarly 4% will have 2*4/111 6% nh4cl =6/53.5 total mole in 100 ml=2/58.5 +4/111 +6/53.5 in 1...
  img
stationary orbits give energy to electrons then who will give energy to stationery orbits

Dear student, The stationary orbits donot give energy to electrons. It is the presence of electrons in certain energy shells/orbits makes the electrons in those orbits possess that energy....
  img
Sumit Majumdar one month ago

no in stationary orbit the enegy of electron is quantised.because the angular momentum(mvr) is directly proportional to n(orbit) En= -13.6z^2/n^2 thanks and regards sunil kr askIITian...
  img
View all Questions »