Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

I am reading Morrison and Boyd for organic, I am also reading the ORIGINAL 5000 Rs book (unlike the shorter student edition) by Jerry March. Is this level of Organic Chemistry good for IIT? If higher, by how much?  

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

I feel that Morrison and Boyd is much higher for organic chemistry.

lets consider reaction mechanisms, here in thi book there was lot given abt them and much deeper insight into each mechanism.

I feel that ,as the exam pattern is objective , you dont need to know mechanism of that par level.

i suggest simply follow the mechanisms included in syllabus and practise a lot on them..that shld be enough

dont need to mug the whole book :P

gud luck

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

Urea is stronger base than ordinary amide?according to lewis theory
amide are weak base due to the resonance of the amide group . in acetamide , the lone pair nitrogen are not avaliable for bonding , with h ^+ . however in urea , the lone pair of second nh2 ...
2017 years ago
The reason is: As the lone pair in Urea is freely available and thus not participates in any Resonance. But in any ordinary amide the lone pair is conjugated with the resoace and hence...
Urea has two nitrogen having two lone pair of electrons. Acetamide had only one nitrogen and only one li=one pair of electrons. Urea is a stronger base because it has lower pKb than...
18 hours ago
what happen in gas convert into liquid when we compress
@ kuldeep i am not getting your query , kindly be specific , when we will compress the gas , then the particles that are there in the gas will come closer with each other and we can...
Umakant biswal one month ago
can i know which book can i refer for jee mains with basics i m very back at basics
@ ram , i think u are asking for the organic chemistry . if so, then start with ncert , with reading of ncert , your besic will get strong as it explains each and every mechanism step by...
Umakant biswal one month ago
If equal solutions of 0.1M KMnO4 and 0.1M K2Cr2O7 solutions are allowed to oxidize Fe(2+) to Fe (3+) in acidic medium, then Fe2+ Will be: a) more by KMnO4 b)more by K2Cr2O7 c)equal in both...
From MnO4- MnO4- + Fe2+ ----> Fe3+ + Mn2+ n1 * 5 = n2 * 1 (0.1V)*5 = n2 n2 = 0.5V From K2Cr2O7, Cr2O7^2- + Fe2+ --------> Fe3+ + Cr3+ n0 * 4 = n2 * 1 (0.1V)*4 = n2 n2 =0.4V Comparing both...
2017 years ago
All over nao2 what is among is. What nao2 separate is also found
NaO2 is called sodium superoxide which is obtained by treating Na2O2 that is sodium peroxide with O2 at high pressures. The Reaction goes like this: Na2O2 + O2 ---------> 2 NaO2 . The...
Vikas TU 16 days ago
Calculate relative rate of effusion of SO2 to CH4,if the mixture obtained by effusing out a mixture with molar ratio nso2/nch4=8/1 for three effusing steps.
First U must know the Rate of effusion formulae. That is: R = PA/root(MT) For SO2, R1 = P1A/root(64T)................(1) P1V = 8nRT..............(2) For CH4, R2 =...
Vikas TU one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn