DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

Please explain Werner's Coordination theoy in detail?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Werner's Coordination Theory

Several theories were proposed to explain the observed properties of Co(III) ammines and of other similar compounds like Pt(IV) ammines which had been prepared by then. It was only in 1893, that Werner presented a theory known as Werner's coordination theory which could explain all the observed properties of complex compounds. Important postulates of this theory are:

Most elements exhibit two types of valencies:

(a) Primary valency

This corresponds to the oxidation state of the metal ion. This is also called principal, ionisable or ionic valency. It is satisfied by negativeions and its attachment with the central metal ion is shown by dotetd lines.

(b) Secondary valency

It is also termed as coordination number of the central metal ion. It is non-ionic or non-ionisable. this is satisfied by either negative ions or neutral molecules. TThe ligands, which satisfy the coordination nuber are directly to the metal atom or ion and are shown by thick lines.

Every element tends to satisfy both its primary and secondary valencies. In order to meet this requirement a negative ion may often show a dual behaviour.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
An organic compound made OF C,N,H has 20% N The molecular mass of the compound if it contins only 1 H atom is??

The molecular mass of the compound is 70 as it molecular mass of nitrogen is 14 and it only comprises 20% of molecule so 100% would be 14x5=70 as it has already given that only one H atom
  img
Ashutosh Sharma yesterday
STABLE CARBOCATION AND WHY

in my opinion answer may be 1 because in this carbocation there is maximum p-pi---p-pi back bonding, as nitrogen is more electronegative order of backbonding is N>O>F but i think answer wil ...

ng29 one month ago

No ng but I studied about the mesomeric effect whIch is dominant than other factors for the stability of carbocation Over here it would be stabilise by resonance

grenade one month ago

B option is correct because of its+M(resonacce) effect stabilise the carbocation ther stability of a c + is like +M>+H>+I plz aprve

grenade one month ago
is lime water quick lime or slaked lime

There is another substance called lime, which is the oxide of calcium, with the formula, CaO. When this is added to water a strong exothermic reaction takes place and slaked lime or calcium...
  img
Charchit Tailong 22 days ago
want to understand group 13

Group 13 of the periodictable is known as boron family .This group consist of boron,aluminium,gallium,indium and thallium.The elements of this group consist of threeelectronsin the outermost...
  img
Aarti Gupta 7 months ago

how can anyone write about whole chapter it is better you read it in ncert or reference books

yaswanth 7 months ago
The energy of an excited H-atom is -3.4eV.Calculate the angular momentum of electron

Given-- Energy of excited H-atom = – 3.4eV Angular momentum of e- = ? Solution-- We know that energy of an e- in n th orbit of hydrogen is given as-- En = – 13.6/n 2 eV/atom...
  img
Aarti Gupta 14 days ago
the radiusof the fourth orbit of an atom is 0.64nm. the radius of the 3 rd orbit of the atom is ___________________

Above formula would help you to solve the question by taking the ratio of radii r 1 :r 2
  img
Avinash 6 days ago
View all Questions »