ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

give the list of imp high weightage named reactions for iitjee 2012?????

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

well iit jee has no fixed pattern, anything can be asked ! but you must do all the reactions given in jee syllabus for organic chemistry thoroughly with their mechanisms !! some of which includes :-

Wurtz reaction and decarboxylation reactions.

Electrophilic substitution reactions(benzene): halogenation, nitration, sulphonation, Friedel-Crafts alkylation and acylation

Reimer-Tieman reaction, Kolbe reaction.

Grignard reactions

esterification

Williamson’s  Synthesis

7 aldehydes and ketones : oxime and hydrazone formation; aldol condensation, Perkin reaction; Cannizzaro reaction; haloform reaction and nucleophilic addition reactions (Grignard addition)

8 stefans reaction

Sandmeyer and related reactions of diazonium salts

* this is not the complete list. i have given only those which are highlighted in jee syllabus and hence are important.

3 years ago

atleast what should i study in org. chemistry so that i could get good marks in this sub.coz i don''t lyk org chemistry sugest me the min syllabus

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Q . WHICH IS THE DECREASING ORDER OF STABILITY OF THE IONS? (2)>(3)>(1) (1)>(2)>(3) (1)>(3)>(2) (3)>(1)>(2)

i am also getting the answer as (A) but the correct option is (C) in this case

Bharat Makkar 6 months ago

i think answer is c only because the carbocation there is stabilised by the lone pair of oxygen by backbonding and in second case there is deactivation by oxygen resulting highly unstablised...

daksh 6 months ago

oops sorry! dint see ur attachment...............ya even i think the answer is (a) in second one there is a chance of tautomerism and the third one is stabilized by the +Ieffect of alkyl...

Rakesh 6 months ago
if the solubility product of BaSO 4 is 1.5*10 -10 in water. It’s solubility , in moles per litre is

BaSO4 ionises to give – BaSO4 Ba 2+ + SO 4 2-- Suppose solubility of BaSO4 is s mol/l.It would give s mol/l of Ba2+ ions and s mol/l of SO4 2- ions on dissociation. Now, solubility...
  img
Aarti Gupta 7 months ago

BaSO4<............>Ba+..+..SO4- C........................0...........0.......(intially) C-s.....................s..............s........(at equilibrium) where s is the...
  img
Naveen Kumar 7 months ago

If solubility product is 1.5*10^10,then for given reaction relation between solubility product and solubility is s.product=4*S^3 , where ‘S’ is solubility in mol/lit.the above relation comes...

aishwaryawagh 3 months ago
Q . WHICH BEHAVES AS BOTH AS NUCLEOPHILE AND ELECTROPHILE?

answer is c because of the polarity os C-N bond carbon develops some delta positive charge and nitrogen as delta negative charge ,therefore it can act as electophile from Carbon and act as...

daksh 6 months ago

you r wrong the answer is (C)

THANKS.....THATS RIGHT

it is difficult to calculate internal energy U ,however ∂U can be easily determined why??explain with example

According to Einstein's equation U=mc 2 we can calculate absolute energy of a body,but in this expresssion the term c 2 reffered to the energy of any system which is quite large and...
  img
Aarti Gupta 5 months ago

Thanks

Deepak Bohra 5 months ago
in the energy diagram of a reaction why is potential energy plotted against the progress of reaction???

The energy diagram gives the idea about how the potential energy of the reactants and products vary with the progress of the reaction. It makes us understand whether the reaction is...
  img
Ramreddy 8 months ago

In the energy diagram of a reaction the potential enegy is plotted on y aix and reaction coordiante is plotted on x- axis to determine whether the potential enrgy of reactants is higher or...
  img
Ramreddy 8 months ago
A and B are two different chemical species undergoing first order decomposition with rate constants ka and kb which are in the ratio 3:2 in magnitude.If the initial concentration of A and B...

suppose the half live of A be 20 years and that of B be 30 years after 3 half live of A concentration of A be A/8 and timr taken is 60 years after 30 years concentration of B will be B/2 and...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 9 months ago

thank you sir.please answer my two pending doubts which are from same chapter,that is chemical kinetics.

Bharat Makkar 9 months ago

this is a simple question and you can get good things from solving this so just try

britto george one month ago
View all Questions »