Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off
USE CODE: MOB20

give the list of imp high weightage named reactions for iitjee 2012?????

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

well iit jee has no fixed pattern, anything can be asked ! but you must do all the reactions given in jee syllabus for organic chemistry thoroughly with their mechanisms !! some of which includes :-

Wurtz reaction and decarboxylation reactions.

Electrophilic substitution reactions(benzene): halogenation, nitration, sulphonation, Friedel-Crafts alkylation and acylation

Reimer-Tieman reaction, Kolbe reaction.

Grignard reactions

esterification

Williamson’s  Synthesis

7 aldehydes and ketones : oxime and hydrazone formation; aldol condensation, Perkin reaction; Cannizzaro reaction; haloform reaction and nucleophilic addition reactions (Grignard addition)

8 stefans reaction

Sandmeyer and related reactions of diazonium salts

* this is not the complete list. i have given only those which are highlighted in jee syllabus and hence are important.

4 years ago

atleast what should i study in org. chemistry so that i could get good marks in this sub.coz i don''t lyk org chemistry sugest me the min syllabus

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

what is the formula for nitrlim?

A nitrile is an organic chemical that contains a cyano functional group (subunit), CN - , in which the carbon and nitrogen atoms have a triple bond i.e. C≡N - . The general chemical formula ...

Gavvala Ganesh 9 months ago

A nitrile is any organic compound that has a −C≡N functional group. The prefix cyano- is used interchangeably with the term nitrile in industrial literature. Nitriles are found in many...

Poralu Manideep 8 months ago

Definition of NITROLIM . : calcium cyanamide —used chiefly commercially. and formula is 2 CaCN

RAKESH CHINDAM 9 months ago
Bis­muth formula

bismuth, Bi

RAKESH CHINDAM 10 months ago

Bi is the formula for Bismuth.

OUTPASS 9 months ago

Bi is formula for Bismuth

Gavvala Ganesh 10 months ago
What is meant by ozonolysis?

Ozonolysis allows the cleavage of alkene double bonds by reaction with ozone. Depending on the work up, different products may be isolated: reductive work-up gives either alcohols or...

T.kumar 5 months ago

Hello Prabhakar Ozonolysis is the cleavage of an alkene or alkyne with ozone to form organic compounds in which the multiple carbon–carbon bond has been replaced by a double bond to oxygen. ...

Gaddam Chethan 5 months ago

Hello prabhakar, Ozonolysis allows the cleavage of alkene double bonds by reaction with ozone. Depending on the work up, different products may be isolated: reductive work-up gives either...

Gowri sankar 5 months ago
which polymer is known as PHBV? How is it useful to man

PHBV is Poly β-hydroxy butyrate-co- β-hydroxy valerate .It is a biodegradable polymer. It is used in speciality packing, orthopaedic devices and in controlled release of drugs.

KALYAN 6 months ago

Poly(3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate), commonly known as PHBV , is a polyhydroxyalkanoate-type polymer. PHBV find its applications in controlled release of drugs, medical implants...

Prabhakar ch 6 months ago

poly(3-hydroxy buterate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate is commonly known as phbv,is a poly hydroxy alkonoate-type polymer.

N JYOTHEESWAR 6 months ago
nitrogen nature?

normal

mamidi 9 months ago

nitrogen is very abundant it is found in atmosphere 73% it is non metal it is gas

L GOUSE BASHA 9 months ago

nitrogen is very abundant in the atmosphere non-metal.

SHANMUKESHWAR 9 months ago
Define Osmotic pressure?

Osmotic pressure is the minimum pressure which needs to be applied to a solution to prevent the inward flow of water across a semipermeable membrane. It is also defined as the measure of...

SHANMUKESHWAR 9 months ago

It is also defined as the measure of the tendency of a solution to take in water by osmosis . The phenomenon of osmotic pressure arises from the propensity of a pure solvent to move through ...

venky 9 months ago

Osmotic pressure is the minimum pressure which needs to be applied to a solution to prevent the inward flow of water across a semipermeable membrane . It is also defined as the measure of...

YASWANTHKUMAR 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: Exclusive40

Get extra R 400 off
USE CODE: MOB20

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts