ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

give the list of imp high weightage named reactions for iitjee 2012?????

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

well iit jee has no fixed pattern, anything can be asked ! but you must do all the reactions given in jee syllabus for organic chemistry thoroughly with their mechanisms !! some of which includes :-

Wurtz reaction and decarboxylation reactions.

Electrophilic substitution reactions(benzene): halogenation, nitration, sulphonation, Friedel-Crafts alkylation and acylation

Reimer-Tieman reaction, Kolbe reaction.

Grignard reactions

esterification

Williamson’s  Synthesis

7 aldehydes and ketones : oxime and hydrazone formation; aldol condensation, Perkin reaction; Cannizzaro reaction; haloform reaction and nucleophilic addition reactions (Grignard addition)

8 stefans reaction

Sandmeyer and related reactions of diazonium salts

* this is not the complete list. i have given only those which are highlighted in jee syllabus and hence are important.

3 years ago

atleast what should i study in org. chemistry so that i could get good marks in this sub.coz i don''t lyk org chemistry sugest me the min syllabus

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Do you think we all are non living? do you think we all are non living with complex structures as we all are made up of elements working in complex manner by chemical reaction...but we...

Hello Akansha, You have asked a very good question. All the living and non-living objects are made up of the fundamental particles atoms, molecules and sub atomic particles. In a living...
  img
Pankaj one month ago

Hello Akansha,You have asked a very good question.All the living and non-living objects are made up of the fundamental particles atoms, molecules and sub atomic particles. In a living...

TEJKIRAT SINGH one month ago

Hello Akansha,You have asked a very good question.All the living and non-living objects are made up of the fundamental particles atoms, molecules and sub atomic particles. In a living...

TEJKIRAT SINGH one month ago
list of name reactions

Sandmeyer Reaction Gatterman Reaction Finkelstein Reaction Swarts Reaction Wurtz Reaction Wurtz-Fittig Reaction Fittig Reaction Friedel-Crafts alkylation Reaction Friedel-Crafts acylation...

Yash Jain 4 months ago

Also, there are few tests like: Tollen’s test Fehling’s test Hinsberg’s test and else.

Yash Jain 4 months ago
Please explain how to count the no. of pi electrons in the attached image (the answer is 10)

i think its 8 , 3 double bonds =6pi electrons and 1l.p of oxygen is delocalised so that the compound is aromatic. The other is in sp 2 hybridised orital

Abhishek Singh 3 months ago

2 lone pairs on the oxygen molecule are in unhybridized p orbitals. Buy ‘solomon&fryhle’’s book on organic chemistry (INR700). It takes 6-8 days to read it’s 1090 pages provided you’ve read...

Manas Bondale 3 months ago

3 double bonds corresponds to 6 pi electrons , in addition to it there are two lone pairs with oxygen which are counted as pi electons , therefore 6+4=10

daksh 3 months ago
Why is Carbon Dioxide a greenhouse gas?

CO2 emissions accelerating, scientists warn Atmospheric scientists have warned that carbon dioxide emissions are increasing more rapidly, despite international efforts to curb the use of...

vikas yadav 19 days ago

Presently, nobody can prove if either theory is correct, but one thing is certain; the world has been emitting greenhouse gases at extremely high rates and has shown only small signs of...

vikas yadav 19 days ago

plz approve!

vikas yadav 19 days ago
SIR CAN I KNOW WHICH BOOK IS BEST FOR INORGANIC CHEMISTRY FOR JEE(MAIN & ADVANCED)? IS J.D LEE OR OP TANDON GOOD ENOUGH?

for inorganic chemistry you can refer balaji publications inorganic chemistry book

kasula vineeth 9 months ago
Explain this statement “The electromagnetic theory also predicts that me frequency of radition emitted by a revolving charged body is equal to the frequency of revelution. In ruther ford’s...

yes that is for sure. and this is what called the drawback of the rutherford model of atom. Because if it will move continuosly with change in angular frequency it will emit energy and thus...
  img
Suraj Prasad 5 months ago

Yes, I know that it is drawback of rutherford model of atom but I cant understand the above statement can you elabrate!

Vineeth 5 months ago
View all Questions »