give the list of imp high weightage named reactions for iitjee 2012?????

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

well iit jee has no fixed pattern, anything can be asked ! but you must do all the reactions given in jee syllabus for organic chemistry thoroughly with their mechanisms !! some of which includes :-

Wurtz reaction and decarboxylation reactions.

Electrophilic substitution reactions(benzene): halogenation, nitration, sulphonation, Friedel-Crafts alkylation and acylation

Reimer-Tieman reaction, Kolbe reaction.

Grignard reactions

esterification

Williamson’s  Synthesis

7 aldehydes and ketones : oxime and hydrazone formation; aldol condensation, Perkin reaction; Cannizzaro reaction; haloform reaction and nucleophilic addition reactions (Grignard addition)

8 stefans reaction

Sandmeyer and related reactions of diazonium salts

* this is not the complete list. i have given only those which are highlighted in jee syllabus and hence are important.

2 years ago

atleast what should i study in org. chemistry so that i could get good marks in this sub.coz i don''t lyk org chemistry sugest me the min syllabus

one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Select the correct statements regarding E2 reactions it is anti-periplanar rearrangements take place it is a single step reaction

Yes u r right, actually it was my fault, I mean first and last and so I should have to write 1 and 3. Thanks for your comment. ......................................................
  img
Naveen Kumar one month ago

1 and 2. For details please read the text book. ......................... ....................................................... ..........................................................
  img
Naveen Kumar one month ago

The correct statements are it is anti- periplanar it is single step reaction

Himaja one month ago
structure of organic compound

An organic compound is any member of a large class of gaseous, liquid, or solid chemical compounds whose molecules contain carbon. Carbon has four valence electrons 2s2 2p2 and it must...
  img
Raheema Javed one month ago

Hi Student Please mention in more detail, which organic compound’s structure you want to know since there are large number of organic compounds. If you looking for anything else please...
  img
Harsh Patodia one month ago
Which of these reactions are in IIT syllabus? 1.Micheal Addition 2.Benzoin Condensation 3.Bayer Villager Oxidation 4.Wittig Reaction 5.Tischenko Reaction 6.Beckmann Rearrangement...

Hi Student, All the name reactions listed by you are present in IIT syllabus. You should go through these name reactions wery well as these are very important. you must know the mechanism of...
  img
sumit kumar 5 months ago
The white ash formed by burning some magnesium ribbon in the gas decomposes on heating with water. a) Identify the white ash and the gas. Explain how these are obtained. b) What are the...

There are other possibilities but the simplest answers: 1. The gas is nitrogen 2. The solid is magnesium nitride Mg3N2 3. The decomposition products are MgO and ammonia....
  img
Ramreddy one month ago

There are other possibilities but the simplest answers: 1. The gas is nitrogen 2. The solid is magnesium nitride Mg3N2 3. The decomposition products are MgO and ammonia....
  img
Ramreddy one month ago

ash= magnesium oxide on adding water gives magnesium hydroxide

parthasarathy one month ago
Can you please suggest a good book for physical chemistry level of iit jee ?

yes my dear friend very simple and you can have excellent command over physical chemistry step (1)read ncert ( 2)read optandon simultaneously with ncert chapter (3)solve problem from...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 4 months ago

what you say about ananya ganguly?

harit 4 months ago
Why Eu ropium shows a sudden increase in atomic radius. (At. Radius of Sm = 180pm , Eu = 199pm and Gd = 180 pm)?

Actually there is confusion in you.The atomic radius which I found was all the same for the three element as 180 pm. Lets see,there is a decrease in atomic radius There is a decrease in the...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago

@Sunil Kumar FP Go to this link and check Table 8.9 on pg.229 ncertbooks.prashanthellina.com/class_12.Chemistry.ChemistryI/8.pdf

Shibashis Mallik 2 months ago
View all Questions »