Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off
USE CODE: MOB20

give the list of imp high weightage named reactions for iitjee 2012?????

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

well iit jee has no fixed pattern, anything can be asked ! but you must do all the reactions given in jee syllabus for organic chemistry thoroughly with their mechanisms !! some of which includes :-

Wurtz reaction and decarboxylation reactions.

Electrophilic substitution reactions(benzene): halogenation, nitration, sulphonation, Friedel-Crafts alkylation and acylation

Reimer-Tieman reaction, Kolbe reaction.

Grignard reactions

esterification

Williamson’s  Synthesis

7 aldehydes and ketones : oxime and hydrazone formation; aldol condensation, Perkin reaction; Cannizzaro reaction; haloform reaction and nucleophilic addition reactions (Grignard addition)

8 stefans reaction

Sandmeyer and related reactions of diazonium salts

* this is not the complete list. i have given only those which are highlighted in jee syllabus and hence are important.

4 years ago

atleast what should i study in org. chemistry so that i could get good marks in this sub.coz i don''t lyk org chemistry sugest me the min syllabus

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

What are analgesics and food preservatives.........?

Analgesics are drugs that reduce or totally abolish pain without causing disturbances of nervous system. There are two types of analgesics i. Narcotic analgesics E.g.: Morphine ii....

SAI SARDAR 20 days ago

Analgesis is defined as the drugs that reduce or abolish pain without causing impairment of conciousness,mental confusion,incoordinationor paralysis or some other disturbances of nervous...

somprasad 19 days ago

An analgesic or painkiller is any member of the group of drugs used to achieve analgesia , relief from pain. Analgesic drugs act in various ways on the peripheral and central nervous...

Umakant biswal 20 days ago
Is tricyclopropyl methyl carbocation more stable than diphenyl methyl carbocation

Yes, it is correct. This is the part of an excpetion. .i.e. there is no proper explanation but consider it as exception and remeber it.

Vikas TU 4 days ago
sir i wanted to know on what factor bond angle depends as in does it increases on increase in size ?

Lone pair repulsion: Bond angle is affected by the presence of lone pair of electrons at the central atom. A lone pair of electrons at the central atom always tries to repel the shared pair ...

Umakant biswal 18 days ago
Hello …... Adsorbed acetic acid on activated charcoal is : – (a) adsorber (b) absorber © adsorbent (d) adsorbate

@ jeeva here , acetic acid in activated charcoal is a adsorbate . and adsorbate are those substances , here the charcoal will behave as the adsorbent and they will give their surface to the ...

Umakant biswal 10 days ago
What will be Stablity order of ionic bond in nacl and mgF2 ? Explain in detail

Nacl will be more stable than mgf2 . as u can refer in the case of nacl , the interionic attraction are larger than that of mgf2 . and the lower the value of potential energy , the more...

Umakant biswal 27 days ago
phophorous symbol?

P

mamidi 10 months ago

Dear Students, We noticed that some students are copying and pasting same answer that has posted by previous users. Also, they are creating multiple account to post question and then...

Forum Team 10 months ago

Phosphorus is a chemical element with symbol P and atomic number 15. As an element, phosphorus exists in two major forms—white phosphorus and red

L GOUSE BASHA 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts