give the list of imp high weightage named reactions for iitjee 2012?????

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

well iit jee has no fixed pattern, anything can be asked ! but you must do all the reactions given in jee syllabus for organic chemistry thoroughly with their mechanisms !! some of which includes :-

Wurtz reaction and decarboxylation reactions.

Electrophilic substitution reactions(benzene): halogenation, nitration, sulphonation, Friedel-Crafts alkylation and acylation

Reimer-Tieman reaction, Kolbe reaction.

Grignard reactions

esterification

Williamson’s  Synthesis

7 aldehydes and ketones : oxime and hydrazone formation; aldol condensation, Perkin reaction; Cannizzaro reaction; haloform reaction and nucleophilic addition reactions (Grignard addition)

8 stefans reaction

Sandmeyer and related reactions of diazonium salts

* this is not the complete list. i have given only those which are highlighted in jee syllabus and hence are important.

2 years ago

atleast what should i study in org. chemistry so that i could get good marks in this sub.coz i don''t lyk org chemistry sugest me the min syllabus

one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
can anyone tell me briefly what is optical isomerism and what is optically active and inactive?

Optical isomerism is a form of stereoisomerism. Optical isomers are molecules that differ in connectivity by the placement of substituents around one or more atoms in a molecule. they...

Vikash Kumar 9 months ago

A optically active compound is a compound which have either a chiral centre or they do poses POS and COS

gyan prakash 9 months ago

vamsi 9 months ago
what is the IUPAC name of the compound NEO PENTANE is------------------------?

2,2-dimethyl propane

kanakaraj 4 months ago

2-2 dimethyle propane

RAGHAVA 2 months ago

2,2-dimethyle propane

haranadhnvk 3 months ago
increasing order of enol content, CH3COCH2COCH3, CH3COCH3, CH3CHO, CH3COCOCH3.

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Increasing order of enol form:- CH3CHO<CH3COCH3<CH3COCOCH3<CH3COCH2COCH3 Thanks & Regards Aarti Gupta askiitians Faculty
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago

Maam can you please tell me the reason for this?

Samrat 2 months ago

bta do yaar

Samrat 2 months ago
what is the nature of bond in O2 and C2 molecule. explain with the help of MOT

You Already Got The Answer Of O2 . So, I am just providing you the answer of C2 Carbon Normally Made or it is well known to form Single, Double,Triple C-C bond . As per VBT --- According to...
  img
Akshay Meena 9 months ago

In C 2 there are 2∏ bonnds and in O 2 there is only one ∏ bond and one sigma bond. U can understand this by c 2 = σ1S 2 σ * 1S 2 σ2S 2 σ * 2S 2 ∏2p x 2...

gyan prakash 9 months ago

accoding to molecular orbital theory O2 has paramagntetic nature .VBT and VESPER theory are failed to explain paramagnetic nature of O2.

NUKA SIVA KUMAR 10 months ago
what is the significance of saltbridge

a salt bridge is used for the movement of ions from cathode to anode in the electrolytic solution without actual contact between the two solution. so it completes the circuit

HARSH VARDHAN AWASTHI 10 months ago

It is used when two electrolytic solutions are placed in two different beakers for forming electrolytic cell.It provides movement of ions from one beaker to another beaker.

Khandavalli Satya Srikanth 10 months ago

it is used to facilitate the ions to move between compartments

chinni 10 months ago
what id the symbol of sodium?

The symbol of sodium is Na. Thanks & Regards Aarti Gupta askiitians Faculty
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago

the symbol of sodium is Na [Natrium]

manasa gorthy 2 months ago

sure?

Samrat 2 months ago
View all Questions »