give the list of imp high weightage named reactions for iitjee 2012?????

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

well iit jee has no fixed pattern, anything can be asked ! but you must do all the reactions given in jee syllabus for organic chemistry thoroughly with their mechanisms !! some of which includes :-

Wurtz reaction and decarboxylation reactions.

Electrophilic substitution reactions(benzene): halogenation, nitration, sulphonation, Friedel-Crafts alkylation and acylation

Reimer-Tieman reaction, Kolbe reaction.

Grignard reactions

esterification

Williamson’s  Synthesis

7 aldehydes and ketones : oxime and hydrazone formation; aldol condensation, Perkin reaction; Cannizzaro reaction; haloform reaction and nucleophilic addition reactions (Grignard addition)

8 stefans reaction

Sandmeyer and related reactions of diazonium salts

* this is not the complete list. i have given only those which are highlighted in jee syllabus and hence are important.

2 years ago

atleast what should i study in org. chemistry so that i could get good marks in this sub.coz i don''t lyk org chemistry sugest me the min syllabus

one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
What is the first element on the periodic table ?

hydrogen (H) is the first element in periodic table Thanks & regards Mukesh Sharma Ask iiTians Faculty M.sc, Jiwaji university , Gwalior Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
  img
Mukesh Sharma 6 months ago

hydrogen is the first element on the periodic table.

chandrika 6 months ago

hydrogen is first element

king 6 months ago
According to IUPAC the root word of a compound having 10 carbons is decane and what is the rot word of a compound having 11 carbons .

root word of a compound having 11 carbons is Undecane

Parvesh Kadiyan 4 months ago

compounds having eleven carbons is undecane

T C YASHWANTH 4 months ago

undecane

akshansh gupta 4 months ago
calculate the weight of 1atom of hydrogen

mass of 6.02 x 10 23 atoms = 1gram So mass of 1 atom = 1/6.02 x 10 23 gram In general mass of one atom = gram atomic mass /Avogadro number

Nandakumar UK 8 months ago

hai akhil sai u r question ans 1

Harish 8 months ago

1.008 gm

VINAYREDDY 8 months ago
whot is camical bonding

A chemical bond is an attraction between atoms that allows the formation of chemical substances that contain two or more atoms. The bond is caused by the electrostatic force of attraction...
  img
Mukesh Sharma 4 months ago

it defers in matter when uh are in different classes.there are certain forces namely wanderwaal force, dispersion force ,london force,ionic bond covalent bond and dative bond.all the...

yash kulshrestha 4 months ago

Any of several forces, especially the ionic bond, covalent bond, and metallic bond, by which atoms or ions are bound in a molecule or crystal.

Indu 4 months ago
SIR CAN I KNOW WHICH BOOK IS BEST FOR INORGANIC CHEMISTRY FOR JEE(MAIN & ADVANCED)? IS J.D LEE OR OP TANDON GOOD ENOUGH?

for inorganic chemistry you can refer balaji publications inorganic chemistry book

kasula vineeth 17 days ago
please explain back bonding in boron tri halides

Boron atoms in BX3 has six electrons in the outermost shekll and thus it can accept a pair of electrons from a donor molecule like NH3 to complete its octet hence the lewis acid character of...
  img
Akshay Meena 7 months ago

In boron tri floride ,boron has one vacant p-orbital .Each F atom has 2 fully filled orbitals left which is not used .F transfer 2 electrons to vacant 2p orbitals of boron ,thus forming...

MANGUMBE 6 months ago
View all Questions »