give the list of imp high weightage named reactions for iitjee 2012?????

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

well iit jee has no fixed pattern, anything can be asked ! but you must do all the reactions given in jee syllabus for organic chemistry thoroughly with their mechanisms !! some of which includes :-

Wurtz reaction and decarboxylation reactions.

Electrophilic substitution reactions(benzene): halogenation, nitration, sulphonation, Friedel-Crafts alkylation and acylation

Reimer-Tieman reaction, Kolbe reaction.

Grignard reactions

esterification

Williamson’s  Synthesis

7 aldehydes and ketones : oxime and hydrazone formation; aldol condensation, Perkin reaction; Cannizzaro reaction; haloform reaction and nucleophilic addition reactions (Grignard addition)

8 stefans reaction

Sandmeyer and related reactions of diazonium salts

* this is not the complete list. i have given only those which are highlighted in jee syllabus and hence are important.

2 years ago

atleast what should i study in org. chemistry so that i could get good marks in this sub.coz i don''t lyk org chemistry sugest me the min syllabus

one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
What are Optically Pure Compounds and using them explain the role of Amines as “RESOLVING AGENTS” to seperaty the Recemic Forms of Acidic Compounds by formation of DIASTEREOMERIC Salts.

A compound is optically pure if it contains only one enantiomer. You can use polarized light to determine the optical purity. A chiral amines can be used to resolve a racemic mixture of...
  img
Harishwar 2 months ago
When 3 methyl heptane is treated with h2so4 for sulphonation, it is said to be racemised after the rxn. i dont understand how, earlier also it was an optically active compund and even now it...

You are absolutely write , the compound formed is also optically active but in sulphonation, there will be two types of product formed and those are called enantiomer. Here at the chiral...
  img
Naveen Kumar 22 days ago
how to make n -heptane from acetone and methyl alcohol?

Try to convert acetone to alchols by different reduction process with reducing agents like LiAlH4. And Then covert the alcohols to Hydro Carbons by heating or further reduction process. A...
  img
Harishwar 2 months ago
In the reaction 2ClF3=Cl2+3F2, if there is increase in volume of container, pressure exerted would be low so why shift from RHS does not take place as number of moles on RHS is more ?? and...

dear friend you have missed one thing this is an exmaple of endothermic reaction so on increasibg the volume of the container the temperature will decrease hence the reaction will favour...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 3 months ago
what is le chatelier's principle??? Explain in brief..

Le Châtelier'sprinciple states that if a dynamic equilibrium is disturbed by changing the conditions, the position of equilibrium shifts to counteract the change to reestablish an...
  img
Raheema Javed 18 days ago

A statement of Le Chatelier's Principle If a dynamic equilibrium is disturbed by changing the conditions, the position of equilibrium moves to counteract the change. Using Le...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 3 months ago
why the structure of H2S2O5 is NOT as shown??(#attachment)

These are structures are not dependent on us . We are dependent on them , we try to study these structures. So you have to agree that the structure of the molecule you have asked is that...
  img
Suraj Prasad one month ago
View all Questions »