give the list of imp high weightage named reactions for iitjee 2012?????

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

well iit jee has no fixed pattern, anything can be asked ! but you must do all the reactions given in jee syllabus for organic chemistry thoroughly with their mechanisms !! some of which includes :-

Wurtz reaction and decarboxylation reactions.

Electrophilic substitution reactions(benzene): halogenation, nitration, sulphonation, Friedel-Crafts alkylation and acylation

Reimer-Tieman reaction, Kolbe reaction.

Grignard reactions

esterification

Williamson’s  Synthesis

7 aldehydes and ketones : oxime and hydrazone formation; aldol condensation, Perkin reaction; Cannizzaro reaction; haloform reaction and nucleophilic addition reactions (Grignard addition)

8 stefans reaction

Sandmeyer and related reactions of diazonium salts

* this is not the complete list. i have given only those which are highlighted in jee syllabus and hence are important.

2 years ago

atleast what should i study in org. chemistry so that i could get good marks in this sub.coz i don''t lyk org chemistry sugest me the min syllabus

one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
what is meant by self and cross coupling?

cross couplings involve reactions between two different partners, for example bromobenzene (PhBr) and vinyl chloride to give styrene(PhCH=CH 2 ). homocouplings couple two identical partners,...

Yugabrat Gogoi 9 days ago
**WHY DO SOME COVALENT COMPOUNDS EXIST IN ALL THREE STATES(Br2,Cl2)?

Not only covalent compounds but all compounds exist in all three states(Solid,liquid and gas) depending on temperature and pressure. At higher temperatues and higher pressures substances...
  img
Ramreddy 13 days ago
**'"A COORDINATE BOND ACTS AS A SINGLE BOND DIRECTED IN A SPECIFIC ORIENTATION AND HENCE SOME COMPOUNDS WITH COORDINATE BONDS SHOW ISOMERISM" - WHAT DOES IT MEAN ?

A coordination complex is the product of a Lewis acid-base reaction in which neutral molecules or anions (called ligands) bond to a central metal atom (or ion) by coordinate covalent bonds....
  img
Suraj Prasad 11 days ago
The ratio of difference int he wavelengths of 1 st and 2 nd lines of lyman seres in H-like atim of difference in wavelength for 2 nd and 3 rd lines of same series is - 2.5:1 3.5:1 4,5:1...

1/λ = 1.097 x 10^7 ( 1 - 1/n^2) n=2 => 1/λ = 1.097 x 10^7(1 - 1/4) = 0.82275 x 10^7 per m => λ = 1.215 x 10^(-7) m ------------eq(1) n=3 => 1/λ = 1.097 x...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
A Liquid mixture containing 1 mole benzene and 1 mole of toulene . The vapour pressure of pure benzene and toulene is 103 and 32.05 mm of hg.Then find out the pressure ,the composition of...

mole fraction of benzene=1/2 and that of toluene=1/2 we have partial pressure of benzene=1/2*103 mm=51.5 mm and partial pressure of toluene=.5*32.05=16.025 mm therefore total pressure=sum of...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 25 days ago
see attachment and explain it

hi student it is requested not to provide such type of question which is not visible.Please focus the camera nicely so that it is properly readable and then submit it again.The proper...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 10 days ago

sorry sir for inconvenience caused to uou reading question i will post new question with better image quality

Shivam 10 days ago
View all Questions »