give the list of imp high weightage named reactions for iitjee 2012?????

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

well iit jee has no fixed pattern, anything can be asked ! but you must do all the reactions given in jee syllabus for organic chemistry thoroughly with their mechanisms !! some of which includes :-

Wurtz reaction and decarboxylation reactions.

Electrophilic substitution reactions(benzene): halogenation, nitration, sulphonation, Friedel-Crafts alkylation and acylation

Reimer-Tieman reaction, Kolbe reaction.

Grignard reactions

esterification

Williamson’s  Synthesis

7 aldehydes and ketones : oxime and hydrazone formation; aldol condensation, Perkin reaction; Cannizzaro reaction; haloform reaction and nucleophilic addition reactions (Grignard addition)

8 stefans reaction

Sandmeyer and related reactions of diazonium salts

* this is not the complete list. i have given only those which are highlighted in jee syllabus and hence are important.

2 years ago

atleast what should i study in org. chemistry so that i could get good marks in this sub.coz i don''t lyk org chemistry sugest me the min syllabus

one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Why is the IUPAC name of the following organic compound is 1,5dimethylcyclopentene and not 2,3dimethylcyclopentene

to give nomencleture of cyclo compound. you must strat numbering from the group with higher priority..then further numbering should continue with orthi,meta and para positions from right...

mohit one month ago

Please find the attachment

Shivam Maheshwari 3 months ago
why H-atom alone is not capable of forming hydrogen bond

Hydrogen bonding is an special type of dipole-dipole attraction which is generally stronger than ordinary dipole-dipole and dispersion forces but weaker than covalent and ionic bond.It...
  img
Aarti Gupta 21 days ago
In CH 2 =CH 2 CH 2 OH priority isgiven to whom?? Double bond or hydroxyl group???

Priority is given to HydroxyL Group as it lies above alkene in priority list You can refer to image given below for list of priority.
  img
Harsh Patodia 28 days ago
What is the hybridisation of Phosphorus in PH3?

for phospine it is sp3 because the hybrid was just resulted from sigma bond of the 3s orbital of the H and p orbital of the P,however, only 3 bonds will form because the remaining two...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago

sir,will the drago rule not be applied here?

vineet chatterjee 2 months ago
the half life for a first order reaction is 25 minutes. calculate the rate constant and apply it ti find the time required for 85% complition of the reaction ?

we have the relation between the half lide and the rate constant as half life t1/2=.693/k k is the rate constant or k=.693/t1/2 =.693/25 min^-1 =2.772*10^-2 min^-1 time required for 25%...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
What is meant by a stereochemically inactive s orbital?

stereochemically inactive s orbital means that the presence of s orbital lone pair has liitle or no influence on the geometry and shape of the crystal.Becuae it is spherically symmetric the...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
View all Questions »