Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off
USE CODE: MOB20

give the list of imp high weightage named reactions for iitjee 2012?????

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

well iit jee has no fixed pattern, anything can be asked ! but you must do all the reactions given in jee syllabus for organic chemistry thoroughly with their mechanisms !! some of which includes :-

Wurtz reaction and decarboxylation reactions.

Electrophilic substitution reactions(benzene): halogenation, nitration, sulphonation, Friedel-Crafts alkylation and acylation

Reimer-Tieman reaction, Kolbe reaction.

Grignard reactions

esterification

Williamson’s  Synthesis

7 aldehydes and ketones : oxime and hydrazone formation; aldol condensation, Perkin reaction; Cannizzaro reaction; haloform reaction and nucleophilic addition reactions (Grignard addition)

8 stefans reaction

Sandmeyer and related reactions of diazonium salts

* this is not the complete list. i have given only those which are highlighted in jee syllabus and hence are important.

4 years ago

atleast what should i study in org. chemistry so that i could get good marks in this sub.coz i don''t lyk org chemistry sugest me the min syllabus

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

what is organic compounds ?

An organic compound is any member of a large class of gaseous, liquid, or solid chemical compounds whose molecules contain carbon.

pralay 7 months ago

An organic compound is any member of a large class of gaseous, liquid, or solid chemical compounds whose molecules contain carbon. The few carbon-containing compounds not classified as...

ULFAT one month ago

An organic compound is any member of a large class of gaseous , liquid, or solid chemical compounds whose molecules contain carbon .

SHANMUKESHWAR 7 months ago
solid mean

solid is a high compressible mollecules dont internal space and it doesnt soluble in water

Gavvala Ganesh 8 months ago

A solid is a sample of matter that retains its shape and density when not confined. The adjective solid describes the state, or condition, of matter having this property. The atom s or...

KARTHIK 7 months ago

Physics One of four main states of matter, in which the molecules vibrate about fixed positions and cannot migrate to other positions in the substance. Unlike a gas or liquid, a solid has a ...

SHANMUKESHWAR 8 months ago
what is collin’s reagent??????????????????????????????????????

Collins reagent is the complex of chromium(VI) oxide with pyridine in dichloromethane . It is used to selectively oxidize primary alcohols to the aldehyde, and will tolerate many other...

N JYOTHEESWAR 3 months ago

Dear Naresh Raju Collins reagent is the complex of chromium(VI) oxide with pyridine in dichloromethane. It is used to selectively oxidize primary alcohols to the aldehyde, and will tolerate ...

Prabhakar ch 3 months ago

HI NARESH RAJU, Collins reagent is the complex of chromium(VI) oxide with pyridine in dichloromethane. It is used to selectively oxidize primary alcohols to the aldehyde, and will tolerate...

Gowri sankar 3 months ago
How to calculate n factor and equivalent mass?

when equations are given. balance the equations carefully. Calculate the change in oxidation number and that is equal to n. Now equivalent weight is molecular weight of the substance under...

Neeti 9 months ago

→ change in oxidation number is the best method. → charge on cationic or anionic part → no. of replacable H (hydrogen) atoms → no. of replacable OH

Vaibhav Gupta 9 months ago

equivalent mass = Molecular Mass/n-factor

Vaibhav Gupta 9 months ago
best book for physical chemistry

CENGAGE SERIES ARE BEST EVER FOR VERY GOOL LEVEL AND ANOTHER BOOKS Physical Chemistry S.No Authors /Publisher Name of Books 1 O.P. Tandon Physical Chemistry 2 P.Bahadur(G.R.Bathla & Sons)...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 9 months ago

PLEASE ..... if u like my answer and my answer is use full for you so please just click on approve button ...and if you have any other question or dought keep asking

N.AVASTI for physical chemistry(numericals).

akash 9 months ago
what is chemical bonding

A. Covalent, Polar covalent, and Ionic Bonds Because the hydrogen molecule contains two identical atoms, it can be assumed that the bonding electrons in this covalent bond are shared...

The Chemical Bond The atoms of a compound are held together by chemical bonds formed by the interaction of electrons from each atom. According to the octet rule Section 5.7C1, atoms bond...

Search Results A chemical bond is an attraction between atoms that allows the formation of chemical substances that contain two or more atoms. The bond is caused by the electrostatic force...

venky 7 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts