Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off
USE CODE: MOB20

formula of no.of possibule isomers in alkans

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

There donot exist a formula for counting chainisomers. However for quick remembring u can use the following concept for first 9 alkanes

For each consequetive memeber , the no of chain isomers is of  2n-1 where n is the no of isomers of preceding member

Carbon atoms - Isomers

4 - 2 (Buane has 2 isomers)

5 - 3 (2*2-1)

6 - 5 (2*3-1)

7 - 9 (2*5-1)

8 - 18 (exception 2*9)

9 - 35 (2*18-1)

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

what is the types of allotropic carbon?

Eight allotropes of carbon : 1) diamond, 2) graphite, 3) lonsdaleite, 4) C 60 buckminsterfullerene, 5) C 540 , Fullerite 6) C 70 , 7) amorphous carbon , and 8) single-walled carbon nanotube.

PRAPULPODISHETTI 11 months ago

allotropes of carbons divided in two types crystaline allotropes amorphous allotropes Eight allotropes of carbon : 1) diamond, 2) graphite, 3) lonsdaleite, 4) C 60 buckminsterfullerene, 5)...

KUNCHAM SAMPATH 11 months ago

allotropes of carbons divided in two types crystaline allotropes amorphous allotropes Eight allotropes of carbon : 1) diamond, 2) graphite, 3) lonsdaleite, 4) C 60 buckminsterfullerene, 5)...

RAKESH CHINDAM 11 months ago
The reducing agent in clemson reduction is ….….….….….….?????????????????

Hi kumar, The reducing agent in clemson reduction is Zn-Hg / conc. HCl....................................................................

Gowri sankar 6 months ago

Clemmensen reduction is a chemical reaction described as a reduction of ketones (or aldehydes) to alkanes using zinc amalgam and hydrochloric acid. This reaction is named after Erik...

ULFAT 4 months ago

Dear Kumar Clemmensen reduction is a chemical reaction described as a reduction of ketones (or aldehydes) to alkanes using zinc amalgam and hydrochloric acid. This reaction is named after...

Prabhakar ch 6 months ago
define Boyle's law

For a fixed amount of an ideal gas kept at a fixed temperature, pressure and volume are inversely proportional. Or Boyle's law is a gas law , stating that the pressure and volume of a gas...

PRAPULPODISHETTI 10 months ago

or a fixed amount of an ideal gas kept at a fixed temperature, pressure and volume are inversely proportional. Or Boyle's law is a gas law , stating that the pressure and volume of a gas...

GANDIKOTA NAVEEN 10 months ago

the principle that, for relatively low pressures, the pressure of an ideal gas kept at constant temperature varies inversely with the volume of the gas. Expand.

KARTHIK 10 months ago
AIPMT 2014 Q83. Please provide a detailed solution.......

objectives To determine the available nitrogen in the soil sample by Kjeldahl Method. A soil analysis is a process by which elements such as P, K, Ca , Mg, Na, S, Mn, Cu and Zn are...

ADITI SINGH 9 days ago
what r u expected to learn exactly in Chemical bonding?? is it all just theory understanding??

hello friend donot suppose this chapter as theory only . it is the concept builder . without knowledge of this chapter you have to face a big problem in upcoming chapters. so clear each and ...

SAHIL 4 months ago

@ ROMIN acc to my consideration , chemical bonding is a most imp chap in class 11 th , even u can find its application in organic as well as inorganic chemistry , so, donot leave any...

Umakant biswal 2 months ago

sure i will. but i think ou will first read notes given by askiitians faculty team. and if you are unable to read and learn from them gime me your email id i will send at your email in 2-3...

SAHIL 4 months ago
The elementary reaction 2SO2(g) + O2 (g)------>2SO3(g) is carried out in 1dm3vessel and 2dm3 vessel seperately. The rate of reaction velocities will be ?

@ anji here , k is directly proportional to volume. but rate of reaction velocity is constant , so, the reaction velocity will be same in both the vassels . i mean in 1 dm3 and 2 dm3 vessel ...

Umakant biswal 14 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts