DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

formula of no.of possibule isomers in alkans

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

There donot exist a formula for counting chainisomers. However for quick remembring u can use the following concept for first 9 alkanes

For each consequetive memeber , the no of chain isomers is of  2n-1 where n is the no of isomers of preceding member

Carbon atoms - Isomers

4 - 2 (Buane has 2 isomers)

5 - 3 (2*2-1)

6 - 5 (2*3-1)

7 - 9 (2*5-1)

8 - 18 (exception 2*9)

9 - 35 (2*18-1)

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
i am very confuse double bond/triple bond is preferred over ether or opposite happens plzz help me..

Dear student kindly again post your question claerly as it is neccessary to know in what respect you are asking about double or triple bond preferrence over one other.It will only then clear...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago

Dear student as per IUPAC nomenclature,according to order of priority of various groups alkenes and alkynes with double or triple bonds respectively will be preffered over the ethers which...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago

Aarti mam in some book I have read tht ETHER is preferred over double nd triple bond and in other books opposite of the above fact so i just want to come confirm wht does generally happen?

Mohammad Kavish 2 months ago
hyperconjugation occurs in: please expain the answer

in c option you can draw its resonating structure and then hyperconjugation is possible wheras in other cases aromaticity will be disturbed.

daksh 7 months ago

THE NECCESARY CONDITION FOR HYPERCONJUGATION TO OCCUR IS PRESENCE OF (ALPHA) – HYDROGEN WHICH ARE ONLY PRESENT IN OPTION (C). ALPHA HYDROGENS ARE THOSE WHICH ARE ATTACHED TO THE CARBON ATOM ...

Bharat Makkar 7 months ago

thanks for the reply,but the answer is C.

HARSHIT SHARMA 10 months ago
which has greater -i power -OR or -OH

OH has greater -i power.Beacuse the R group has the ability to donate electron.It has electron pulling tendendency Relative inductive effects have been experimentally measured with reference...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago

in compounds like ROR and ROH ,we know bond angle of ROR >ROH which implies that % of s character on ROR’s oxygen is more that ROH’s oxygen ,so EN value of oxygen is more in ether than...

shubham 5 months ago
trick for learning periodic table faster

are u an indian origin boy(Hindi) or not indian(english)

grenade 27 days ago

Period 1 – H, HeThis is pretty simple.Mnemonics – Hi HelloPeriod 2 – Li, Be, B, C, N, O, F, NeMnemonics – Little Betty Became Charlie’s Number One Freind and NeighbourPeriod 3 – Na, Mg, Al,...

grenade 27 days ago

youtube.com/watch?t=166&v=zUDDiWtFtEM best here is the song

grenade 27 days ago
Explain the concept of banana/tau bonding.

Bananas are fun things, those of you who might have thought that I have changed into Sean Banancan relax and breathe easy again. I am here to talk about the banana bond. This is the informal...
  img
Harishwar 8 months ago

It was a bit complicated.. However.. I have read that Banana bond is a result of partial sharing of two hydrogen atoms by two boron atoms.. And the bent that appears, is it because of the...

ANMOL SETH 8 months ago
a gaseous reaction, A2(g) =B(g) + 1/2C(g) shows increase in pressure from 100 mm to 120 mm in 5 min.The rate of disaapearnce of A2.?

Given the reaction is ..................................A2(g) …..............=......B(g)...... +....... 1/2C(g)...
  img
Naveen Kumar 8 months ago

sir but the ans is 8 mm/min.

Shriya Mehrotra 8 months ago

yes sir got it..thanks..

Shriya Mehrotra 8 months ago
View all Questions »