DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

formula of no.of possibule isomers in alkans

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

There donot exist a formula for counting chainisomers. However for quick remembring u can use the following concept for first 9 alkanes

For each consequetive memeber , the no of chain isomers is of  2n-1 where n is the no of isomers of preceding member

Carbon atoms - Isomers

4 - 2 (Buane has 2 isomers)

5 - 3 (2*2-1)

6 - 5 (2*3-1)

7 - 9 (2*5-1)

8 - 18 (exception 2*9)

9 - 35 (2*18-1)

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
why carbon always form covalent bond?

The carbon atom needs to either gain or lose 4 electrons to complete its valence shell. But it is difficult for it to lose 4 electrons as it would require about 6200 joules of energy and for...

Siddharth Majumdar 4 months ago

A carbon atom is tetravalent .it has 4valence electrons .it cannot gain electrons as it could lead to low stability as the nuclear charge cannot outweigh the net charge.because of similar...

Jacob james 3 months ago
In the following hypothetical reaction A + 3B   2C + D, initial moles of A is twice that of B. If at equilibrium moles of B and C are equal, % of B reacted is (A) 10% (B) 20% (C) 40%...

A + 3B ----- 2C + D initially 1 1 0 0 let x moles of B be consumed at equillibrium equilli 1-x 1-3x 2x x given 1-3x=2x x=1/5 it means 3/5 moles are consumed which means 60 % Herre B is the...

Havishma Haranath 5 months ago

A + 3B ----- 2C + D initially 1 1 0 0 let x moles of B be consumed at equillibrium equilli 1-x 1-3x 2x x given 1-3x=2x x=1/5 it means 3/5 moles are consumed which means 60 % Herre B is the...

confrigational isomers is use

Pls type complete question..
  img
Saurabh Kumar 8 days ago

please clarify the question correctly

akshat 7 days ago
Sir , I cant visulize this image and understand it can you explain?

The above figure can be understand in terms of Molecular orbital theory .According to this theory the electrons are not assigned to individual bonds between atoms, but are treated as moving...
  img
Aarti Gupta 7 months ago

Thanks for your deep answer , I have more doubt from your answer i belive you will help me to get me out of it. They are Why 2P y is not participating ihere? In the statment “ . Can only PI...

Vineeth 7 months ago

this is a simple question and you can get good things from solving this so just try

britto george one month ago
The white ash formed by burning some magnesium ribbon in the gas decomposes on heating with water. a) Identify the white ash and the gas. Explain how these are obtained. b) What are the...

There are other possibilities but the simplest answers: 1. The gas is nitrogen 2. The solid is magnesium nitride Mg3N2 3. The decomposition products are MgO and ammonia....
  img
Ramreddy 6 months ago

There are other possibilities but the simplest answers: 1. The gas is nitrogen 2. The solid is magnesium nitride Mg3N2 3. The decomposition products are MgO and ammonia....
  img
Ramreddy 6 months ago

ash= magnesium oxide on adding water gives magnesium hydroxide

parthasarathy 6 months ago
name an element that contains infinitely large number of atoms bonded together?

Carbon is an element that has tendency to form long chains.In these chains carbon combines with many other carbon atoms.This property of carbon is called the catenation and this is because...
  img
Aarti Gupta 9 months ago
View all Questions »