There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

formula of no.of possibule isomers in alkans

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

There donot exist a formula for counting chainisomers. However for quick remembring u can use the following concept for first 9 alkanes

For each consequetive memeber , the no of chain isomers is of  2n-1 where n is the no of isomers of preceding member

Carbon atoms - Isomers

4 - 2 (Buane has 2 isomers)

5 - 3 (2*2-1)

6 - 5 (2*3-1)

7 - 9 (2*5-1)

8 - 18 (exception 2*9)

9 - 35 (2*18-1)

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
WHAT ARE ALKYL GRUPS PLEASE EXPLAIN WITH STRUCTURES

Alkyl Groups and the Symbol R Alkyl groups are the groups that we identify for purposes of naming compounds. They are groups that would be obtained by removing a hydrogen atom from an...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 9 days ago

PLEASE ..... if u like my answer and my answer is use full for you so please just click on approve button ...and if you have any other question or dought keep asking

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 9 days ago
Which has higher resonance energy ch2=ch-f or ch2=ch-br?

ch2=ch-br has high resonance energy because lone pairs on Br involve in resonance easily giving more delocalization and hence more resonance energy. Flourine is more elctronegative thats why...
  img
Ramreddy 9 months ago

yes the other one has more resonance energy because resonanance is more effective in C-F bond than in C-Br bond

daksh 8 months ago

the other one has more resonance energy

agam goel 9 months ago
what is equipartition theorem

Inclassicalstatistical mechanics, theequipartition theoremis a general formula that relates thetemperatureof a system with its averageenergies. The original idea of equipartition was that,...
  img
Avinash 3 days ago

This is the famous equipartition theorem of classical physics. It states that the mean value of every independent quadratic term in the energy is equal to (1/2)KT If all terms in the energy ...

grenade one month ago

The equipartition theorem of classical mechanics(thermo) is a useful guide to the average energy associated with each degree of freedom when the sample is at a temperature T. aprove if...

rahul one month ago
xZn+yNaNo3+NaOH=Na2ZnO2+NH3+H2O

NaNO3+4ZN +7NaOH = NH3+4Na2ZNO2+2H2O
  img
Charchit Tailong 2 days ago
Which is the book with most detailed physical chem concepts ( upto the point needed by advance) and is solomon and fryle’s ms chauhan revisoned version best book overall for organic chem?...

for physics after hcverma and dc apndey you must start doing ANURAG MISHRA books which contains solved as well as unsolved problems of varying difficult level and based on latest jee...

ng29 3 months ago

@ng29 it seems like another genreric book like dc pandey i dont have time for that (mains focused books), how is the halliday and resnick reivsed (wiley)for advance … thanks for the chem...

mrigank 3 months ago

these books are good but in anurag mishra there is all type of questions that are asked in jee so i prefer anurag mishara for organic chemistry snsanyal is best for reagents and mechanisms...

ng29 3 months ago
how can calculate the ionic product of water (Kw),at given temperature?

At 25 degree celcius it will be 1.01×10 -14 M 2

Susmithasri 5 months ago

at 25 degree celsius it will always be 10 -14

Tony Abraham 5 months ago
View all Questions »