DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

formula of no.of possibule isomers in alkans

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

There donot exist a formula for counting chainisomers. However for quick remembring u can use the following concept for first 9 alkanes

For each consequetive memeber , the no of chain isomers is of  2n-1 where n is the no of isomers of preceding member

Carbon atoms - Isomers

4 - 2 (Buane has 2 isomers)

5 - 3 (2*2-1)

6 - 5 (2*3-1)

7 - 9 (2*5-1)

8 - 18 (exception 2*9)

9 - 35 (2*18-1)

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Hi experts could you notify me on the BITSAT 2015 announcement and also suggest me which book to refer for organic chemistry – OP Tandon or RS Agarwal.

Important Notifications for BITSAT! BITSAT date of Examination - 14th May to 1st June 2014 BITSAT 2014 Notification released. Online application has begun. To apply online for BITSAT go to...
  img
Harishwar 6 months ago

Thanks for the reply. Again confused. Are you replying about 2014 announcement?

Vishuwaesh 6 months ago
why cycloalkane are less stable than open chain alkane?

they are unstable due to angle strain refer to BAYER STRAIN THEORY for proper understanding approve if useful

ng29 22 days ago

approve if useful

ng29 22 days ago
Can anyone help me how to differentiate b/w nucleophile & base during rxn with halo – compounds? I know that nucleophile do substitution & base do elimination. But, when such rxn is given, I...

Please tell me how would I know that I would use it as nucleophile for substitution or base for elimination. Talking to the point, I want to know the major difference b/w nucleophile & base...

Shivam Chopra 2 months ago

In some cases a nucleophile can act as a good base also When a 1 0 alkyl halide (2 0 also in most cases) is involved in the reaction substitution happens. Elimination reactions occur for 3 0...

viswanath 2 months ago

Thanks for trying. I just want a major difference b/w nucleophile & a base except for that nucleophile attack on carbon & base on hydrogen.

Shivam Chopra 2 months ago
I dont find qualitative analysis chapter.Can you please say me where i can find it out?

For qualitative analysis you can refer P BAHADUR book which is given at the end of the book.
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 4 months ago
THE QUESTION IS ABOUT INTERFACIAL AND SURFACE TENSION It is given that surface tension is the net downward pull or force if liquid (water) is taken but if two immiscible liquid is taken then...

At liquid-air interfaces, surface tension results from the greater attraction of water molecules to each other (due to cohesion) than to the molecules in the air (due to adhesion). The net...
  img
Ramreddy 2 months ago

yes it will be in both the directions and these are also known as adhesive forces.
  img
Suraj Prasad 2 months ago
how do polar solvents help in the first step in SN1 mechanism

TheSN1 reactionis asubstitution reactioninorganic chemistry. "SN" stands fornucleophilic substitutionand the "1" represents the fact that therate-determining...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 8 months ago
View all Questions »