formula of no.of possibule isomers in alkans

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

There donot exist a formula for counting chainisomers. However for quick remembring u can use the following concept for first 9 alkanes

For each consequetive memeber , the no of chain isomers is of  2n-1 where n is the no of isomers of preceding member

Carbon atoms - Isomers

4 - 2 (Buane has 2 isomers)

5 - 3 (2*2-1)

6 - 5 (2*3-1)

7 - 9 (2*5-1)

8 - 18 (exception 2*9)

9 - 35 (2*18-1)

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Q . WHICH IS THE DECREASING ORDER OF STABILITY OF THE IONS? (2)>(3)>(1) (1)>(2)>(3) (1)>(3)>(2) (3)>(1)>(2)

i am also getting the answer as (A) but the correct option is (C) in this case

bharat makkar 17 days ago

i think answer is c only because the carbocation there is stabilised by the lone pair of oxygen by backbonding and in second case there is deactivation by oxygen resulting highly unstablised...

daksh 14 days ago

oops sorry! dint see ur attachment...............ya even i think the answer is (a) in second one there is a chance of tautomerism and the third one is stabilized by the +Ieffect of alkyl...

Rakesh 14 days ago
What is the difference between sucrose, fructose and sugar?

The word “sugar”is used to represent a group of organic compounds known as carbohydrates i.e. sugar and carbohydrates are same thing. Sugar or carbohydrates are the compounds...
  img
Pankaj 3 months ago
Is the Azulene is an aromatic compound?

Azulene is an organic compound and an isomer of naphthalene.Azulene formed from fusion of cyclopentadiene and cycloheptatriene rings.Its an non-benzenoid aromatic compound,and has large...
  img
Aarti Gupta 26 days ago
sir,what are the important qustions which can be asked from Ellingham diag from the chapter extraction of elments in MEDICAL entrance exam.?

An Ellingham diagram is a graph showing the temperature dependence of the stability for compounds. This analysis is usually used to evaluate the ease of reduction of metal oxides and...
  img
Ramreddy 22 days ago

thanku sir

Shriya Mehrotra 22 days ago
why the structure of H2S2O5 is NOT as shown??(#attachment)

Sulfur forms number of oxoacids.Sulfur oxoacids are those chemical compounds that contain sulfur, oxygen and hydrogen.H2S2O5 known as disulfurous acid .In this compound,sulphur shows two...
  img
Aarti Gupta 28 days ago
why is [FeCl4]2- is colourless ?

The colour exhibited by the transition metal ions is due to their ability to absorb light in the visible region of the electromagnetic spectrum. This causes unpaired d electrons to rise from...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 3 months ago
View all Questions »