formula of no.of possibule isomers in alkans

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

There donot exist a formula for counting chainisomers. However for quick remembring u can use the following concept for first 9 alkanes

For each consequetive memeber , the no of chain isomers is of  2n-1 where n is the no of isomers of preceding member

Carbon atoms - Isomers

4 - 2 (Buane has 2 isomers)

5 - 3 (2*2-1)

6 - 5 (2*3-1)

7 - 9 (2*5-1)

8 - 18 (exception 2*9)

9 - 35 (2*18-1)

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Question attached in the pic. please explain it.(why that compount will be more acidic as compared to others)

In this compound the activating group is OH.So it will activate the ring and makes the compound more reactive towards electrophile.Here the electrophile is NO2 group.It will attack at the...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 3 months ago
What are the products formed when 2-methoxy propane reacts with conc HI

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta one month ago

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta one month ago

In the presence of conc.HI I think (CH3)2CH-OH changes to (CH3)2CH-I. Also since a secondary carbon is present SN 1 mechanism may occur then the products are different(CH3OH and (CH3)2CH-I)....

Himaja one month ago
which is more reactive toward electrophilic aromatic substitution: Ph-OH or Ph-OR and why....

--OR group has +R effect and _I effect..Thus for electrophilic aromatic substitution Ph-OH is more reactive because of greater _I effect of OH as compared to OR..

Bhubesh 21 days ago

Ph-OR , because it -R also has some +I effect.

daksh 22 days ago
how can we make a plastic which is less harmful to environment

plastics can be made less harmful through:- (1) by using less harmful recycled plastics :- Choosing products made with recycled plastic helps curb landfill waste and encourages further...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 5 months ago
Question is attached... {ALTS-10 Q52}

ans -(1)due to chelating effect
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
I cant solve numericals involving mole concept please help me

Hi student No problem. You just post the required question and anybody will get back to...
  img
Raheema Javed 2 months ago

img
Saurabh Kumar 2 months ago
View all Questions »