formula of no.of possibule isomers in alkans

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

There donot exist a formula for counting chainisomers. However for quick remembring u can use the following concept for first 9 alkanes

For each consequetive memeber , the no of chain isomers is of  2n-1 where n is the no of isomers of preceding member

Carbon atoms - Isomers

4 - 2 (Buane has 2 isomers)

5 - 3 (2*2-1)

6 - 5 (2*3-1)

7 - 9 (2*5-1)

8 - 18 (exception 2*9)

9 - 35 (2*18-1)

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
what are ortho -para directing and meta directin grops???

In benzene all the six hydrogens are equivalent,so any of the six positions can be occupied when monosubstituted products are formed.But when such products are converted into disubstituted...
  img
Aarti Gupta one month ago
what are aromatic compounds? is this an aromatic compound? CH3-CH2-CH=O

an organic compound that contains one or more benzene ring is called an AROMATIC COMPOUND.well I think aldehyde- CH3-CH2-CH=O is an aromatic compound.

Moxa Alpesh Patel one month ago
Wat is Graham's law of diffusion????

Graham's law states that the rate of diffusion of a gas is inversely proportional to the square root of its molecular weight as the molecular weight of a molecule increases, the rate of...

Ashwin 27 days ago
BOHR SAID THAT THE ELECTRONS REVOLVE IN CIRCULAR PATH AND SOME OTHER IS SAYING SOME OTHER THINGS I AM CONFUSED CANU PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS IT..AND HOW ELECTRON REVOLVES AROUND THE...

it is only electrons which move around nucleus as centrifugal and coloumb`s force balance each other.hereby making it to move it with constant velocity

vinayak 7 months ago

electrons revolve around the nuclues in circulars orbits only bcoz bohrs explained it clearly ......

Navin rockzzz 10 months ago

hai

Ramarao 10 months ago
sir please tell me a shotcut to get hybridisation in complex compounds.

Hybridisation of a molecule or an ion can be predicted by making use of the following formula. Number of Hybrid orbitals (H)=n =1/2[group no central atom +no of atoms attached to central...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
View all Questions »