3-Bromo pentan2-one shows very large rates of Sn-2 substitution rate in comparison to 2-bromo butane. Why ???

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Because of -M (withdrawing) effect of ketone group, 3-Bromo Pentan-2-one has high partial positive charge on the carbon attatched to bromine, due to which neucleophile will have high tendency to attack, before bromine can leave, hence SN2 reaction takes place..........

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Could anyone please explain me what is the difference between positional isomerism and metamerism.

Position isomers have same carbon skeleton; only position of substituent/functional group changes. Metamerism is shown by bivalent functional groups. Here the same functional groups have the...

Nandakumar UK 8 months ago

positional isomerism is definened as basic carbon skeleton remains unchanges,but important groups shifted from one carbon to another, metamerism is defined as the difference in nature of...

king 8 months ago
metal x forms two oxides.formula of the first oxide is xo2.the first oxide contains 50 %of oxygen and second compound contains 60% oxygyen .what is the formula of second oxide

let the formula of the compound be X0k where k is any integer for XO2 atomic mass of x 32/m +32=1/2 m=32 now for XOk 16k/32+16k=6/10 k=3 therfore the formula of the compound is XO3 thanks...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago

Regards Sumit
  img
Sumit Majumdar one month ago
which statement about Walden inversion is correct ? (a)if reactant is R then product is of S configuration. (b)if reactant is dextrorotatory then product is levorotatory.

First is correct. One cannot say about dextro and levo because they are experimentally determined.

Anurag Kshatri 6 months ago

both are ryt

Varun Acharya 7 months ago
Question in image (Q31)

LET the final concentration of both the reaction be k initial conc of A=4x initial concentration of b=x for A t=(2.303*5*log4x/k)/.693 for B t=(2.303*15*logx/k)/.693 on solving 1 and 2 we...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 days ago
Which group of compound does not involve in π → π* transitions in UV spectroscopy? a. Alkenes b. Azo compounds c. Alcohols d. Cyanides

c. Alcohols

fakrunnisa 6 months ago

C.ALCOHOLS

varalakshmi 6 months ago

alcohols

Patil Harshika one month ago
Sir please help me balance this equation- Cr(oh)3+IO3^-1-------->I-+CrO4^2-(in basic medium) by ion electron method. Sir it is written in my book to first balance all the atoms other that o...

Cr(OH)3(s) +IO3(-)(aq) -->CrO4(-2)(aq) + I(-)(aq) remember in basic medium firstbalancing of oxidation number then balancing of O atom.Balancing of O atom is made by using H2O and OH-...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 days ago
View all Questions »