3-Bromo pentan2-one shows very large rates of Sn-2 substitution rate in comparison to 2-bromo butane. Why ???

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Because of -M (withdrawing) effect of ketone group, 3-Bromo Pentan-2-one has high partial positive charge on the carbon attatched to bromine, due to which neucleophile will have high tendency to attack, before bromine can leave, hence SN2 reaction takes place..........

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
What is the mechanism of reaction of phenyl chloride with nan3 ?

Azide salts can decompose with release of large volumes of nitrogen gas as discussed under Applications. Protonation of azide salts gives toxic hydrazoic acid in the presence of strong...
  img
Suraj Prasad one month ago
In CH 2 =CH 2 CH 2 OH priority isgiven to whom?? Double bond or hydroxyl group???

Priority is given to HydroxyL Group as it lies above alkene in priority list You can refer to image given below for list of priority.
  img
Harsh Patodia one month ago
how to know that which reaction will be sn1 or sn2 ?

Let’s compare the SN1 and the SN2. The MechanismThe SN2 reaction is concerted. That is, the SN2 occurs in one step, and both the nucleophile and substrate are involved in the rate...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 13 days ago
what volume of concentrated HCL that is 36% HCL by mass and has dens ity of 1.18 g/cm3 is required yo produce 8.25L of a solution with pH of 1.77

ph=1.77 -log[H+]=1.77 [H+]=.588M mole of HCl=.588*8.25=.485mole let the volume of Hcl be V now .36*V*1.18=.485 V=1.14L
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 3 months ago
primitive vectors and primitive cell volume for a bcc lattice.

Dear student, A Bravais lattice is defined as an infinite array of discrete points generated by a set of discrete translation vectors given by: Here n i are integers and a i are known as the...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 3 months ago
can sum1 explain me what why will be the structure of Cu(Cl)2- complex be ..with reasons.

Copper(II) chloride is the chemical compound with the chemical formula CuCl2. This is a light brown solid, which slowly absorbs moisture to form a blue-green dihydrate. The copper(II)...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 20 hours ago

But in prabhat kumar it was given that since cl is a weak ligand it cannot pair up the electrons and the structure will be TETRAHEDRAL .can u please explain me in terms of VBT i.e....

sameer gupta 14 hours ago
View all Questions »