3-Bromo pentan2-one shows very large rates of Sn-2 substitution rate in comparison to 2-bromo butane. Why ???

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Because of -M (withdrawing) effect of ketone group, 3-Bromo Pentan-2-one has high partial positive charge on the carbon attatched to bromine, due to which neucleophile will have high tendency to attack, before bromine can leave, hence SN2 reaction takes place..........

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
**WHY SHOULD THE ELECTRONS PRESENT IN AN ORBITAL HAVE OPPOSITE SPINS?

This is in accordance with quantum mechanics which leads to the derivation of spin quantum number. As per quantum mechanics all electrons should differ from each other in atleast one way,...
  img
Ramreddy 12 days ago
I have a class test tommorow on biomolecules.I have only 2-3 hours to study is it enough and what are the topics I should concentrate on. Please reply urgently!!

Study about starch, cellulose linkages, glucose structure, its properties, different tests for glucose classification of amino acids, structure of amino acids, fructose structure , DNA and...
  img
Harishwar 18 days ago
Describe the basic of organic chemistry. what is the scope of organic chemistry in our society?

Organic Chemistry is the branch of chemistry which involves the study of organic compounds.Organic compounds are the compounds obtained from living organisms like plants and animals.All such...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago
i need any tips to memorize inorganic chemistry

Hello Student. You have asked a very important question. But the answer is , There is no need to memorize it. You should try to understand the concepts of inorganic chemistry. It is not...
  img
sumit kumar 2 months ago
determine the resultant of the force of given figure

Please post in Physics...
  img
Harishwar 18 days ago

Please post in Physics...
  img
Harishwar 18 days ago
Electron present in a single electron specie jumps from energy level 3 to 1.Emitted photons when passed through a sample containing excited He+ ion causes further excitation to some higher...

Use the formula -13.6 x Z 2 (1/n 1 2 – 1/n 2 2 ) = hv where n1 =3, n2=1 here hv= -13.6 x 4 (1/n 1 2 – 1/n 2 2 ) calculate Z, n1 and n2 from this....
  img
Ramreddy 18 days ago
View all Questions »