3-Bromo pentan2-one shows very large rates of Sn-2 substitution rate in comparison to 2-bromo butane. Why ???

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Because of -M (withdrawing) effect of ketone group, 3-Bromo Pentan-2-one has high partial positive charge on the carbon attatched to bromine, due to which neucleophile will have high tendency to attack, before bromine can leave, hence SN2 reaction takes place..........

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Sir please help me balance this equation- Cr(oh)3+IO3^-1-------->I-+CrO4^2-(in basic medium) by ion electron method. Sir it is written in my book to first balance all the atoms other that o...

Cr(OH)3(s) +IO3(-)(aq) -->CrO4(-2)(aq) + I(-)(aq) remember in basic medium firstbalancing of oxidation number then balancing of O atom.Balancing of O atom is made by using H2O and OH-...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
SIR CAN I KNOW WHICH BOOK IS BEST FOR INORGANIC CHEMISTRY FOR JEE(MAIN & ADVANCED)? IS J.D LEE OR OP TANDON GOOD ENOUGH?

for inorganic chemistry you can refer balaji publications inorganic chemistry book

kasula vineeth 2 months ago
why the oxidizing character of elements increases from left to right across a period & decreases down a group ?

Oxidising power is the tendency of an element to accept electron.The greater is its ability greater will be its oxidising power Down the group the effective nuclear charge decreases whereas...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 10 days ago
View all Questions »