Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

1. Dipole moment of methanol is less than ethanol?Can you tell me what is the efftect of iductive effect on dipole moment.

2. The correct decreasing order of stabilityof I, II and III

• CH3 -C+H -CH3

• CH3 -C+H-COCH3

• CH3 -C+H-OCH3

3.  Arrange the folowing resonating structure of vinyl

chloride in order of decreasing stability

•  CH2=CH-Cl

•   C-H2-CH=Cl+

•   CH2-CH=Cl-

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

AnsI) Dipole moment of C2H5OH> Dipole moment of CH3OH because +I effect of ethyl group is greater than that of the methyl group.

AnsII)Decreasing order of stability is II>III>I

AnsIII) Decreasing order of stability is I>II>III

Hope that helped you........

Please click YES below if you like the answer........

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

Sir in the question in the attachment in the D part answer is given as benzylbenzene and in E part it is given as benzene . can you justify the answers ?
Sir what about the D part of the question?......................................................................................
Aditya Dev one month ago
Resonance energy is directly proportional the stability of compunds. hence in last option Benzene is more stable as due to aromaticity that is: 4n + 2 elctrons govening.
Vikas TU one month ago
How do we find the bond order in a compound.......?
1- Draw the Lewis structure. 2-count the total no of bond . 3-count the no of bond group between individual atom . 4-divide the no of bond between atoms by a total no of bond group in the...
Umakant biswal one month ago
you have already familiar with text books of intermediate. take reference from that text book .use this oppurtunity for only asking critical questions. It makes you perfect in writing JEE...
cris gayle one month ago
How many asymmetric carbons are present in a)1,2-dimethylcyclohexane b)3-methylcyclopentane c)3-methylcyclohexane
@ gosula an assymetrric atom is a carbon atom that is attached to four diffrent types of atoms ,or group of atoms . so, as far as 1,2 – dimethyl cyclohexane is considered , then there is 0...
sir please explain in short what do you mean by Bridging ligands ??
Hi ! Prasan ,, A Bridging ligand is defined as the one that can simultaneously bond itself to more than one metal ion.OH- , Cl- , NH2- , can function both as monodentate and bridging ...
raju one month ago
@prasan an atomic or polyatomic ligand which connect two or more atoms in a compound is called bridging ligand . example – nbcl5 these are 2 bridging and 8 terminal chloride ligand . HOPE...
The molar volumes of ice and water are 0.0196 and 0.0180 litres per mole at 273K. If ΔH for the transition of ice to water is 1440 calories per mole at 1 atm pressure, find ΔU.
From eqn. ΔU + Δ(PV) ΔH = = ΔU + ΔPV + PΔV Given, 1440 = ΔU + 0.0196*273 + 0.0180*273 ΔU = 1440 – 10.2648 = 1429.73 calories.
Vikas TU 26 days ago
state kohlrausch law of independent migration of ions? write one of its application ?
This law states that the limiting molar conductivity of an electrolyte can be represented as the sum of the individual contributions of its anion and cation. Applications of Kohlrausch 's...
SAHIL 14 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn