There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

plz check solution to following problem

which is more acidic of

phenol or 1hydroxycyclo1hexene.

ans. 1hydroxy cyclo1hexene because when lone pair of oxygen in phenol goes in resonance distrubs the aromaticity of ring as conjugation comes out of the ring.

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

phenol should be more acidic coz after losing H+ ,it becomes phenoxide ion and is stable due to resonance we get more number of resonating structures as compared to 1 hydroxy cyclohexene...

more is the stablity of cunjugate base ,more is the acidity...

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

-R effect of -COOR is greater than -COOH. What is the best reason behind it.
Simple answer: in Ester that is -COOR there is R group that is the combination carbon and hydrogen atoms. And -R group always shows +R effect thus decreases -R effect.
Vikas TU 25 days ago
Is vicinal dihalide more stable than normal than other halides and dihalide?
Yes, i think so as single carbon atom attache with more than one halide is a advantage. it leads as a strong base and could lead to an elimination reaction easily.
Vikas TU one month ago
can i know which book can i refer for jee mains with basics i m very back at basics
@ ram , i think u are asking for the organic chemistry . if so, then start with ncert , with reading of ncert , your besic will get strong as it explains each and every mechanism step by...
Umakant biswal 28 days ago
what is electrolysis..................................................?
DEAR SREE, The decomposition of a chemical compound in the molten state (or) in the solution state into constituent elements under the influence of an applied EMF is called electrolysis.
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ sree In chemistry and manufacturing, electrolysis is a method of using a direct electric current (DC) to drive an otherwise non-spontaneous chemical reaction. Electrolysis is commercially ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Metal hydride non metal hydride acidic or basic metal oxide nonmetal oxide acidic or basic?
Metal hydride is basic since it produces H - ion as metal are more electopositive than Hydrogen,while non-metal hydride is acidic since it produces H + ion asnon- metal are less...
Pranav Dabhade 10 days ago
If bonding and antibonding electrons are equal then why the molecule is unstable? Explain it with an example.
This is as bond order is 0 BO = ½ (No of BMO – No of ABMO) BO is directly proportional to stability thus is it not present in nature eg. He 2
Rohan Kadkol one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn