Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

Hi guys

Can you please explain how alkynes bond?

Thank you

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear rahul,

The carbon-carbon triple bond is  made up of one strong bond and two weaker (bonds; it has a total strength 123 kcal. It is stronger than the carbon-carbon double bond of ethylene 100 kcal or the single carbon-carbon bond of ethane 83 kcal, and therefore is shorter than either.

The C-C distance is 1.2 A, as compared with 1.34 A in ethylene and 1.54 A in ethane and is a more electronegative grouping than that formed by carbon atoms joined by either a double or a single bond.

The hydrogen attached to the carbon-carbon triple bond in ethyne or in any alkyne where the carbon-carbon triple bond is situated at the end of a carbon chain is able to separate from the rest of the molecule as a hydrogen ion; the electronegative carbon is able to retain both electrons from the broken covalent bond.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

which is the strongest base WITH explanation CH​3 ---CO----OH CF3----CO---OH CH3-----CH2---CO---OH CCl-----CO---OH
CH 3 -----CH 2 ---CO---OH should be the strongest base as ethyl group woul show highes + I effect as compare to other options. CF3 AND CCl3 would show -I effect hence restricting the basic...
2017 years ago
How does chemical reactivity vary in group and period
@ himesh as we go left to the right of the periodic table , nuclear charge increase and the electrons are added to the same shell . therefore ionisation energy increase with increase in...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Please give me the correct stability order for Cabocation. In different books different orders are thereWhich is correct
@ joseph 1- increasing substitution increaseas stability we look at the no. of bonding electrons that are attached to carbocation beacuse those bonding electrons , will help in allivating...
Umakant biswal 27 days ago
Hi, for the stability of carbocation always remember this trick, +MR HI This is the order of checking the stability in sequence wise. +M => +mesomeric effect {learn the +M effect showing...
Vikas TU 27 days ago
Generally the stability of carbocation is tertiary > secondary > primary > methyl this is generally decided by mesomerism ,inductive effect and the hyperconjugation
Amay chugh 25 days ago
What is the radius of Li 2+ ion in 2nd orbit and please give me the formula
@ piyush u haVE to use the below formula r (n ) = n ^ 2*0.529* 10^ -10 / zm z = atomic number = 3 n = 2 (as given 2 nd orbit ) just put the value in the formula and calculate it . r (n ) =...
Umakant biswal one month ago
The formula of finding the radius of atom = 0.529 * n^2/Z So, here the ‘n’ is 2 & ‘Z’ is 3 Then, Radius=0.529 * 4/3 =0.705
Lakshit one month ago
Please provide all the formulaes used in Equilibrium chapter . I have gone through the study material thoroughly but not able to get what I needed. So please mention all the formulas used in...
@ sahil for formula u have to visit our revision notes section , not the study material section , and i am sure all of the formula will must be enlisted their . and just go through the...
2017 years ago
How to use log table????????Its urgent please sort out it as soon as possible.. Just go through this link and you will get this.
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago
here are the way u can use log tables for multiplication of numbers 1- Understand how to multiply numbers using their logarithms. 2- Look up the logarithms of the two numbers you want to...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn