Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

Q.) In the following reaction, determine (A) and (B).

(I)Ph3P, (ii) BuLi

(A)                                                    CH     CH3

(a)C6H5Cl & CH3CHO          (b)C2H5Cl & Cyclo hexenone

(C)                   Cl      & HCHO           (d) n-chloro hexane & Acetaldehyde

Answers are given to be (a) and (b).

Ans) I have given a try from the options.

With (a), the first step made to eliminate Hydrogen Chloride and add Ph3P with a double bond.

Cl + Ph3P                                                   PPh3

Now, with butane lithium, I made to add Li+ ion to phosphorus. Then, I have stopped working out and it made me confuse.

Now with (b), the same position had also arrived at BuLi. I was able to discriminate that the options (c) and (d) do not undergo the reaction.

Please reply me.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Please post your query again.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

Reactivity of esters towards saponification reaction which is more active 1 degree 2 or 3
@ biswajit 1 degree will be more stable . the reason is when leaving group leaves , this actually happens . if r” is the tertiary , then the inductive effect will make the charge unstable . ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
chemical bonding molecular structure.covalent bondi,Ionic bond,hybridization
A covalent bond , also called a molecular bond , is a chemical bond that involves the sharing of electron pairs between atoms. These electron pairs are known as shared pairs or bonding...
Umakant biswal 28 days ago
The p orbital of the charged carbon in the isopropyl cation contains how many electrons?
On writing the configuration of the charged carbon in that isopropyl cation U would get the configuration of Carbon and U would find that there are 4 electrons in the last p orbital of...
Vikas TU 24 days ago
The specific heat of a metal is 0. 16cal/g . It`s approximate atomic weight is
atomic mass *specific heat =6.4(dulong petit law) so approx. atomuic mass =6.4/.16=40 (dulong petit is used to find atomic mass or specific heat )
shivani one month ago
The no. of electrons present in 100ml of 0.1N solution of orthophosphoric acid??
Dear student Electrons In 1 molecule of H3PO4 = 50 Thus 1 mole contains = 50 * NA electrons (NA = Avogadro’s Number) Moles of acid in question = N*V = 100*0.1 = 10*10^-3 equivalents...
Bhavya one month ago
does S 2 Exists? if not what ius reason for this ? as , O 2 exists .
@ pranav S2 is an allotropes of sulpher in the form of disulpher , but disulpher is in gaseous state and have very less energy , as compared to s8 , which is a solid substances and having...
Umakant biswal 28 days ago
S2 due to large size of sulphur cannot hold themselves together but in case of s8 they form crown structure which stabilize the molecules and give them high bonding strength
Biswajit dash 27 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn