These are isomers of hexane

Common name IUPAC name Text formula Skeletal formula
normal hexane
hexane CH3(CH2)4CH3 Hexane-2D-Skeletal.svg
isohexane 2-methylpentane (CH3)2CH(CH2)2CH3 2-metilpentans.svg

3-methylpentane CH3CH2CH(CH3)CH2CH3 3-metilpentans.svg

2,3-dimethylbutane CH3CH(CH3)CH(CH3)CH3 2,3-dimetilbutans.svg
neohexane 2,2-dimethylbutane CH3C(CH3)2CH2CH3 2,2-dimetilbutans.svg

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Askiitians Experts
Prudhvi Teja

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

is it possible to convert methanol to ethanol & vice versa with bulk quantity say 4 ton?Would the reaction be harmful because of large volume conversion?Will it leave any residue that will...
Hi, already someone has answered this question. pls check:
Vikas TU one month ago
I m started late but still coverd 4 chapter in chemeestry but 5 and 6 (states of mater and thermodinimics) my sa1 is exactly after 11days both of them have 30. Marks withage out of 70 what...
@ mayank i think 11 days are sufficient to complete that two chapters . states of matter will take max 4-5 days and rest 6 days are easy to do with thermodynamics as far as school exam...
Umakant biswal one month ago
i have not prepare that well for cbse or iit please give advice for how can i complete my subjects and get good grades.
@ shivam donot get frustrated , there are enough time left for cbse board exam to prepare . now , what u have to do s below 1- read out the ncert only , and solve exercise and intext...
Why is Bohr's model of an atom only valid for uni-electronic species?
In any atom there would be an electrostatic force due to nucleus to an electron which is an attraction force and therefore it would act on an individual electron because further in case of...
Vikas TU 24 days ago
What does breaking of sigma bonds need more energy than pi bonds?
@ sachet during the formation of sigma bond . overlap of atomic orbital takes place to a larger extent , whereas during the formation of pi bond , the overlapping of atomic orbital take...
in a sigma bond electron density is spread symmetrically ,cylindrically around inter nuclear axis. hence sigma bond is strong.
KENAM SAITEJA one month ago
If bonding and antibonding electrons are equal then why the molecule is unstable? Explain it with an example.
This is as bond order is 0 BO = ½ (No of BMO – No of ABMO) BO is directly proportional to stability thus is it not present in nature eg. He 2
Rohan Kadkol one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn