Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off

Why in nucleophilic add. Reacn , the positive carbon atom is attacked first?

7 years ago

Answers : (3)

nucleophile is aspecies which contain lone pair of electrons

7 years ago

Dear Sumit,

hetero double bonds such as C=O or CN triple bond show a wide variety. These bonds are polar (have a large difference in electronegativity between the two atoms) consequently carbon carries a partial positive charge. This makes this atom the primary target for the nucleophile.

Thank you.

7 years ago

but the negative oxygen may be attacked before carbon

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

Write differences between double salt and common salt.
Double salts are formed by mixture of two normal or simple salts obtained through crystallization. for example-dolomite. Common salt is the common name of NaCl and isan example of normal...
Mudit 3 months ago
Calculate the wavelength of an electron moving with a velocity of 2.05×10^7ms-1
@ joana i am telling which formula u have to use here , and rest of the calculation part u have to do . this question can be solved by the besic formula of de broglie wavelength for an...
Umakant biswal one month ago
I m started late but still coverd 4 chapter in chemeestry but 5 and 6 (states of mater and thermodinimics) my sa1 is exactly after 11days both of them have 30. Marks withage out of 70 what...
@ mayank i think 11 days are sufficient to complete that two chapters . states of matter will take max 4-5 days and rest 6 days are easy to do with thermodynamics as far as school exam...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Can u give any trick for identified metals and non metals
@ amresh metal and non metals can be easily identified in a reaction . metals have a tendency to accept the electrons generally , but non metal lacks that . metals are sonorous , ductile...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
metals are bright ie losturous ,ductile,sonorus,good conductor of heat and electricityand able to donate electron to become cation.while non-metals are non lustrous,non ductile,non...
ankit saurav 13 days ago
25 ml of solution of Ba(OH) 2 on titration with 1M – solution of hydrochloric acid gave a titre value of 3.5 ml the molarity of Ba(OH) 2 solution was
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
@ debashis i think u can surely recall the formula that is M1V1/N1=M2V2/N2 so, by applying the value from the question we will get N1=1,V1=25, M2=1,V2=3.5,N2=2 the answer turns out to be...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
@umakant. Your answer is right.But N being the weight/eq weight,Is it not N1=2 & N2=1 ? The mole ratio of acid to base is 2:1.
Anjitha 3 months ago
What is the unit of si(probability amplitude)?Plzz urgent..
@ shivam in quantu mechanics a probability amplitude is a complex number used in describing the behaviour of the system . its unit will be m ^ -3/2 where m is meter . HOPE IT CLEARS NOW ALL ...
Umakant biswal 10 days ago
Sir, i am asking about si which is the probability wave function like for an electron.. I hope u understand
Shivam Raina 11 days ago
Normal atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi , which means that a column of air one square inch in area rising from the Earth's surface up to space weighs 14.7 pounds. Normal atmospheric...
Umakant biswal 11 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn