Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

why the dipole moment of methylchloride is greater than methyl fluoride?

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

THE BOND LENGHT OF C-Cl  BOND IS GREATER THAN C-F bond: :1.78 Aoand 1.39Ao respectivily.

so the dipole moment of methyl cloride becomes greater than methyl fluoride, because

dipole moment = (charge) χ (distance between the charges)

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum..

6 years ago
										What is the increasing order of dipole moment of the following:-I)CH3F, CH3CL, CH3BR, CH3IIi)CH3BR, C2H5Cl, C2H4Cl2, CH2Cl2, CHCl3, CCl4PLEASE REPLY TO MY QUESTION ....WITH REASONS...THANKYOU
20 days ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

what are exactly optical isomers ?how can we identify them?
Optical isomerism is a form of Stereoisomerism.These are the molecule that differ three dimensionally by the placement of substituents around one or more atom in a molecule.Optical isomers...
prasan 2 months ago
@ diptesh Plastic optical fiber (POF) (or Polymer optical fibre) is an optical fiber that is made out of polymer . Similar to glass optical fiber, POF transmits light (for illumination or...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Optical isomers are those isomers which should posses no POS. .i.e. No Plane of symmetry and No Axis of symmtery. Then only it would be considered as optically active isomers. . And for...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Can someone the defintion(specific and direct) and differences between aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons?
Aliphatic compounds can be saturated, joined by single bonds (alkanes), or unsaturated, with double bonds (alkenes) or triple bonds (alkynes). Besides hydrogen, other elements can be bound...
Umakant biswal 26 days ago
Aliphatic hydrocarbon possess straight chains. And aromatic hydrocarbon contains a aromatic chain like a benzene ring
Biswajit dash 26 days ago
How does chemical reactivity vary in group and period
@ himesh as we go left to the right of the periodic table , nuclear charge increase and the electrons are added to the same shell . therefore ionisation energy increase with increase in...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Sir please tell me that what is henry`s rule nd how can I use it numerical question ?????????That`s I can get a secure answer???????And what is the value of Henry`s constant????
."water takes up, of gas condensed by one, two, or more additional atmospheres, a quantity which, ordinarily compressed, would be equal to twice, thrice, &c. the volume absorbed under the...
rahul kushwaha 21 days ago
@ rahul At a constant temperature, the amount of a given gas that dissolves in a given type and volume of liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas in equilibrium...
Umakant biswal 21 days ago
How to use log table????????Its urgent please sort out it as soon as possible.. Just go through this link and you will get this.
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago
here are the way u can use log tables for multiplication of numbers 1- Understand how to multiply numbers using their logarithms. 2- Look up the logarithms of the two numbers you want to...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Can anybody tell me disproportionation reaction of OCl :-) ^- in neutral, alkaline or acidic medium.
@ gagandeep in the case of acidic medium cl- get oxidised to cl2 , so, i think u can write the reaction also. just try to apply LEO says GER formula and balance the electron u will get it . ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn