There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

f(x)=(sq(m)-1))xsq + (m-1)x+n+2(m not equal to 1)

be an odd function and m and n are constants.determine whether g(x)=x(power)m +x (POWer)n is an even or odd or none.

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

hey its answer is none .f(x) = (m- 1)x2 + (m - 1)x + n + 2     

for odd function f(x) = - f(x)................................................(1)

here as xis even function its coffeceiont must be 0

m- 1 = 0

m = -1   

after solving equation 1 we get n=-2

g(x) will be neither even nor odd   

6 years ago

dear chauhan

quadratics are never odd they are even if coeff. of x is 0

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Most Scoring Topics in IIT JEE

The Maximum area of the triangle formed by the complex coordinates z 1 , z 2 , z 3 which satisfy the relations I z - z 1 I = I z - z 2 I , I z- (z 1 +z 2 ) / 2 I I ??? 2 – z 1 I z
Hi, The first equation says that z lies on perpendicular bisector of line joining z1 and z2. But your second equation is not visible. Please write complete equation with proper sign to get...
Yash Baheti 2 years ago
what are the possible isomers of 1-bromo,4-methylcyclohexane?
Cyclic Structures 1-bromo,4-methylcyclohexane 1-bromo,2-methylcyclohexane 1-bromo,3-methylcyclohexane The chemical formula is C 7 H 13 Br. It has 14 monovalent atoms(13 H, 1 Br),...
Ravi one year ago
What are the topics by which we can solve full maths paper of IIT jee?
Dear Student, Focus on chapters like P and C, probability, vecotrs, limit, complex number, integral.functions, matrix determinant. These chapters have more weightage. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago
Syllabus of IIT JEE mathematics : All topics of 11 th and 12 th
Nishant Vora 10 months ago
Sir, 1)Why is the highest package in nit warangal as less as 24 lakhs per annum this year 2015 compared to 86 lakhs last year? 2) Is nit warangal better than bits hyd in terms of packages?...
Regarding fall in higherst package, These generally depends upon some extra brilliant students. May be in that year any one/few of the students may have performed extra ordinary. Regarding...
Vijay Mukati one year ago
Whenever you are stuck n a fix whether to choose quality conscious college of monetary benefit based collge then a comparson and contrast is justified, but here in your case both the...
Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago
After doing btech in cse from the extension campuses of bits mesra we will take part in placement from the mesra campus or from the extension campus in whih we were studying?
From the extension campus only.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
We do have a T&P Cell where the Coordinator is a a slave of your T&P Cell. We do have teachers who can't speak proper English and trust me all of them are pass outs of BIT Mesra Main Campus ...
Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya one year ago
Sir, I am a student of computer science & engineering. I have completed my 1st year. You know that, the coming future for IT workers is not so good as before. Now in this situation, my...
Hi The IT sector is still on a rise, although the rise is not at the same pace. Today also, IT sector is one of the desired career options. about ur ques regarding the M Tech preparation ,...
AskiitianExpert Shine 7 years ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Most Scoring Topics in IIT JEE

Ask Experts